Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Size, Capability Sometimes Make It Best Tool for the Job - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Chevrolet
imageSize, Capability Sometimes Make It Best Tool for the Job - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com conducts a long-term test of the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado finds it well-suited to moving an engine down a narrow driveway.

Read the full story here

Comments

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    These trucks are only small compared to their ever-growing siblings. They are plenty big for many different applications. I wouldn't be surprised if these started outselling the full size trucks once they have gained more acceptance.
  • adamb1adamb1 Member Posts: 122
    No. There will not a circumstance where small trucks start outselling full-sized trucks. Even run away fuel prices didn't knock the F150 off its sales perch a few years back. It's a nice little truck but it lacks the utility, comfort, and capability of a full-size truck.
  • csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    I think if GM were to put the 5.3 in these trucks, they would sell even more. The Fuel economy delivered by this truck seems comparable to a Silverado with the 5.3, so it seems to me that if you put that Silverado drivetrain in a truck that weighs significantly less and has less aerodynamic frontal area, that it should be able to easily get better mpg than the bigger truck. With that, it's current payload and towing capabilities are sufficient for most peoples needs, and it would feel like towing 7000 lbs is nothing. Not to mention what it would do for enthusiasts.
  • metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    I too wonder if the 5.3 will find its way into the Colorado/Canyon in a couple of years when it's due for a mid cycle refresh. If the diesel take rate is high I'm not sure they'll bother, though it would be pretty enticing in a smaller truck and definitely offer something else that Tacoma and Frontier don't. I'd love to have a Colorado with a V8 rumbling through the exhaust, though not a bad engine the 3.6 doesn't even sound good for a 6. You would think that the fuel economy with the 5.3 would be pretty good comparatively, but in reality might not be as good as you'd expect - the 3.6 is decent but not exactly stellar. If GM had kept the 4.8 in this generation of the small block lineup that might have been a great fit.