Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pickup Owners Hangout

1323334353638»

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Thanks for the input. I wasn't planning on purchasing it so soon, so right now, I'm driving it about once a week until I get financially ready to get some maintenance done on it. I know the best thing you can do for an older vehicle is drive it, and not let it sit and rot.

I will definitely do the coolant and brake fluid. I've had to replace a master cylinder in my old Accord before, I don't want to on the Frontier.

It doesn't have any leaks (I've checked that much).

The odd part about the A/C is that it actually does blow nice and cold, but every time it cycles on, it makes the squealing noise if running in gear, at highway speed. At idle, it usually stays quiet. I know I'm on borrowed time with that one.

Thankfully, my main vehicle is my Sonata I've had for four years (a 2009 model) that's in top shape, so for now it's my daily driver. :)

Thanks for the input; keep it coming!
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,041
    A reporter is looking to talk with a Texas resident who's in the market for a new pickup truck. If you're able to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact info by Thursday, September 26, 2013.
  • ken_haywireken_haywire Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I have a 2000 Nissan frontier just bought it and the ac belt was missing....changed all belts but ac would not work. swapped relays and now it wont start even after switching back relays. any idea what I can do when I turn on switch get a beeping sound
  • A reporter would like to speak to a current shopper looking for a midsize pickup. If you'd like to share your story about shopping for a midsize pickup, please email your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 11/5/13 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• nabornabor Posts: 6
    Just purchased a 2013 King Cab SV, V6, auto trans, Super Black, 4x4. Traded in a Mercedes CLK350, finally figured out I'm not a luxury car guy. I love this truck. Only 850 miles so far, but it's so much more fun to drive than the car, and actually better technology. At highway speed the road noise coming from the rear of the truck is annoying however. I can't tell if it is coming from the suicide doors, or from the back panel of the king cab. Does anyone else experience this problem in their king cab?
  • wise1wise1 Posts: 90
    My 1986 nissan pu is vibrating in the drivers and passengers seat after putting on new tires. The guys who installed the tires said the problem is my wheels are old-27 years old- and are no longer round. Anyone with an old nissan pickup have this problem??? They rebalanced them but they still vibrate very badly. The tires I had before were 205-70-14, the new michelins are 195-70-14. which is the factory recommended size. Could this be a suspension problem??? Any help is appreciated. :confuse: :sick: