Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pickup Owners Hangout

Comments

• I have a 1986.5 Nissan that wont start. When you turn the key you can hear the relay's under the hood clicking but the motor wont turn over. I have replaced the relay's under the hood as well as the ignition switch. The battery is good and the starter, coil, and ignition module are all good. I need help. Any suggestions??????
  • I am having the same problem. Can you tell me what fixed the problem. Thanks a lot.
  • My 85' King Cab has a split personality. It's a 4 cyl auto. When I first start to drive it in the AM, If I pull away from a stop and depress the gas too much it bucks and stalls. I can always restart but have to go through this tap dancing motion on the gas to keep it running, and shift into neutral before coming to a stop to keep the revs up. Then, after driving for awhile, stopping and letting it cool down, the problem mysteriously disappears. Does that ring a bell. Inexperience tells me it's a carb problem??
  • Simply out of curiosity, has anyone else received a notice from Nissan that starts out with this paragraph:

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. We know that towing a trailer may have been an important consideration in your vehicle's purchase. In new Titan, Armada, Pathfinder, Frontier, and Xterra vehicles, Nissan recently introduced enhanced electric circuitry which may further protect your vehicle from damage or fire caused by a short circuit wiring or mis-installation of trailer lighting or electrical accessories. This is to advise you that Nissan is making this production enhancement available to you free of charge so that you will have the same protection should you ever tow a trailer with a defective electrical system.
  • hey i have a 97 pickup with a 4 banger and it has an electricl short somewhere that is killing it if anyone has some suggestions or a wiring schematic for this truck can u please e- mail it to me. the truck has a 3 inch body lift so i tend to think the problem is somewhere where a wire is stretched any feedback let me know thanks alot.
  • My 1996 maxima is doing the same thing. Any answers yet??
  • O.K. HERE'S THE SENEREO. I HAD A WET DISTRIBUTOR CAP SO I SPRAYED IN THE DISTRIBUTOR WHAT I THOUGHT WAS ELECTRICAL CLEANER, TURNS OUT IT WAS PLASTIC DIST. CAP SPRAY.(acrylic) SO I HAD TO REMOVE AND REPLACE DISTRIBUTOR CAP, REMOVED SENSOR MODULE AND METAL DISC, CLEANED REINSTALLED AND IT IS DOING SAME THING BEFORE CLEANING. IT IS NOT FIRING ON THIRD CYLINDER. I REPLACED SPARK PLUG WIRE, SPARK PLUG, AND STILL NO SPARK COMING OUT OF NO.THREE ON NEW DISTRIBUTER CAP. TRIED OLD CAP, SAME PROBLEM. HELP. I MADE SURE I REMOVED ALL RESIDUE WITH OUT SCRATCHING THIN DISC. HELP.
  • I just got my pick up and went out 4 wheeling yesterday and climbing a hill my truck stalled out. it took about 10 min to get it to start again but i had fouled out all the plugs. but now it is idling rough has no power and is idling real high. my only guess is that an 02 sensor went bad when i stalled it out, so now it is running rich. any ideas, i cannot find on 02 on it......
  • O.K. I FIXED PROBLEM. THE PLASTIC SPRAY FILLED IN THE HOLES IN THE SENSOR DISC SO I REMOVED THE DISC, HELD IT UP TO THE LIGHT AND SEEN THE PROBLEM. SOAKED THE DISC IN FINGERNAIL POLISH REMOVER, USED A TOOTH BRUSH AND CLEANED OUT THE TINY OPENINGS PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AND WA LA! IT WORKS. I FEEL SO DUMB FOR THINKING THAT WAS AN ELECTRICAL CLEANER INSTEAD OF A PLASTIC SPRAY WHICH HAS ACRYLIC IN IT. DUH!
  • WHAT HAPPENED WAS YOU GOT OIL IN YOUR CYLINDERS THROUGH THE VALVES. DID YOU TIP IT OVER? REMOVE PLUGS, TURN ENGINE OVER SEVERAL TIMES, CLEAN PLUGS AND REINSTALL. THAT SHOULD FIX IT. SOMETIMES EXTREME SHAKING AND EXTREME SHARP GRADES WILL FORCE OIL INTO CYLINDERS ESPECIALLY IF YOUR CRANKCASE ISN'T VENTILATED, STOPPED UP PCV VALVE ETC.
  • Hi,
    Have you received any response regarding how to change the bulb? I have looked at it and am having a difficult time as I am wanting to do the same as you have described?
    Thanks,
  • critter1critter1 Posts: 104
    :sick: :sick: Mine broke 63,000 miles (Orignal!) Brotherinlaw has 94 4x2
    his broke at 83000. I think Nissan has a problem these years breaking. It's about $300-$400 to fix,Not cheap! Since it seems to be defect wonder if they give some parts or $$$$ asistance? They should,anybody else have this problem?

Thanks
  • jhall4jhall4 Posts: 1
    MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AFTER A LONG HARD ROAD TRIP. HAD OBDII TEST AND CODE P0304 CAME UP (MIS FIRE #4 CYL) REPLACED PLUG WIRE,PLUG,CAP AND ROTOR. NOTHING CHANGED. MADE SURE ALL OF THE VACUME HOSES ON EGR VALVE WERE STILL HOOKED UP, THEN REMOVED 8MM CAP ON THE INTAKE AND CHECKED THE PORT FOR THE #4 CYLINDER IT WAS CLEAR AND CLEAN. THEN REMOVED PLUG ON INJECTOR #4 WHILE THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING AND THE IDLE REALLY GOT ROUGH SO HOOKED IT BACK UP AND IT SMOOTHED OUT BUT STILL HAD THE MISS FIRE. ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE IDEAS? PLEASE H E L P !
  • Hello, I have a 95 nissan pu. My tail lights & dash lights are out. Ive replaced the fuse, still nothing. Is there something else in the circuit it could be?
  • tkre91tkre91 Posts: 1
    I have used the Sylvania Silver Star bulbs in two of my vehicles. I think they are great, best "bang for the buck".
  • I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra, I know it is not a truck, but the engine is similar to the frontier and I was wondering if anyone knows much about the problem. I have been told it could possibly be the PCV valve having clogging issues. I clean out where the intake is and it cures it but only for a period of about 3 weeks. There is a constant build up of an oil gas mixture that is black. Any ideas?
  • ryanceyryancey Posts: 42
    Today my speedometer pegged out when i was driving 50 mph. It said i was going 100 mph. Then when i drove it after that my speedometer did not work and my check engine light was on. What can i do to fix this.
  • Hello, I have a 93 nissan pickup. Just recently I have had a problem with my turn signals. It's only with my left turn signal,when I have my lights on it stays lit up in my dash, when I have lights off it works til I press on the brakes then it stops flashing and is lit solid then foot comes off brake pedal... did check all the bulbs on the left side, they all look good and the ones that didn't I changed.. Still have the same trouble... Is there anyone out there that can give me some input on my trouble.... Thank you could use all the help I can get on this problem....
  • your turn signal switch is bad...
  • this truck has a carb.
    when you climbed the hill you ran out of gas and the truck stall.

remember carbs have floats...

then you pumped the hell out the gas pedal trying to get it started.
    which fouled the plugs..

do a proper tune up and chek the carb for damage..
  • check your secondary coil...
  • go to nissanmins.com and ask someone there for schematics
  • I have just purchased an 1987 nissan hardbody pickup. But i have found a very odd problem. As im driving i find that every once in a while between 2000 - 3000 rpm the truck will jerk almost as if it is missing. But the problem is so intermitent i cant figure out what it could be. The problem seems to be temperature related because the colder it is outside the worse the problem gets even tho it still does it durin the day it is very minimal. Ive run diagnostics and found no problems and because the probelm is so intermitent its hard to show mechanics. I recently replaced all 8 spark plugs with Ngks but i dont know where to go form here any ideas?
  • I have a 92 nissan xe pu. when i bought it i replaced the computer and this seemed to fix all my problems. two months later i started having problems with a erratic idle. they idle will be anywhere from 500-2300 rpms. i've replaced the O2 sensor,throtle body, adjusted the timing, rotor cap, plugs, plug wires, and i just can't think of anything else that would cause this. the nissan dealership spent a day on it and was pulling there hair out begging me to come pick it up. if you have any ideas please feel free to give it to me
  • check your secondary coil..
  • check your throttle position sensor..
  • Did you ever fix the headlights problem on your Nissan, I am having the same problem with my 2000 Frontier, checked all fuse relays an everything is fine I have high beam , fog light but no low beam. Please let me know where to look

Thank You
  • it is probably the light switch...
  • Dash gages intermittently quit in 2000 frontier. King Cab

Seems to be heat related as it only happens in winter when heat is turned up. Not summer when AC is on.

Everything,Speedometer,Tach,fuel remain frozen at the reading when it went out and comes back in a few minutes or as long as a couple of hours. Aggrivating on a long trip when you need to know your speed through towns.