Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• topoffgttopoffgt Posts: 14
    Pretty funny- Did you actually look?
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Posts: 312
    Just a thought. People have actually lost HP going with Flowmasters. Is there any dyno's from Flowmaster showing actual gain? I'm personally against a chamber muffler truly being called performance. The whole point is to free up flow and sending exhaust through chambers does not exactly do this. I went with Borla because of quality and lifetime warranty. Plus their design really does improve flow, if you can look at the back of the muffler and see out the front that is a good thing....

DW
    2006 GT. JLT II CAI, Long Headers, X-pipe, SCT 2 Evo custom tune, Cats, Borla, Hurst, Sequential. 382BHP/328RWHP
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    I can't believe you picked up 82HP (62HP) with just some exhaust changes and a tune. Something seems fishy w/ your posted HP numbers. :confuse: An X-pipe does pretty much nothing but change the sound. The mufflers might be good for 5HP, and that leaves the long tubes, intake, cats and tune. All told, I'd say maybe 45 flywheel HP, but I could be wrong.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    "I can't believe you picked up 82HP (62HP) with just some exhaust changes and a tune."

Well, obviously you need to find a shop with great skill at tuning Mustangs.....and great skill with a dyno doesn't hurt either.... :surprise:
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,623
    The stock GT already puts out about 320 hp (regardless of the advertised numbers) so that helps a lot.
  • macatowamacatowa Posts: 69
    Got mine in the mail today! They look sweet, better than the aftermarket ones. They only have four holes for mounting and each hole has a rubber gromet, only thing now is to decide if it needs to be attached at the front of the throttle body or just put it on with wing nuts at the rear of the cover where it fits over the existing studs? Anyone attached one yet?
    I put mine on this past weekend. Be aware that the metal spacers inserted into the two rubber grommets on the front have holes that are too small for the throttle body bolts to fit through. You can just remove them, but it makes the cover bend in slightly in front when you tighten the bolts. I may try to drill out the spacers, or maybe just buy some ss washers instead.

Also, be careful when you tighten the back two bolts onto the plenum. I cracked it slightly on the right side at the mounting point, but it's not noticeable.
    I forgot to mention that this cover can be ordered directly from Ford at any dealership for about $67.00 plus tax. They might be on back-order, but mine arrived in about a week. Some people on ebay are asking over $100 each.
  • macatowamacatowa Posts: 69
    I paid $59.82 including shipping, I don't think the ebay ones are going to get $150 anymore, now if the cold air kits would come down in price!
  • Hey if you supercharged a 06 mustang, how much hp would you get to the rear wheel's? And do you guy's know any good mustang performance website's?
    According to Vortech you would be at 330 at the flywheel; 8-9 psi. Just remember that so much of actual numbers depend on your tuner. Tuning is so very important when it comes to superchargers and bolt on mods, but particularly forced induction be it supercharged or turbo.

As far as the sites go just search under google "mustang performance parts" and there are a million of them. Ebay is a nice start as well.

Good luck,
    DW
    Was he talking about supercharging a V6 or an '06?
    Not sure but he's posted the same question about a 350Z, GTO and a Grand Prix.
    "Not sure but he's posted the same question about a 350Z, GTO and a Grand Prix."

:confuse:

Odd. Just how many cars does he have?
    I think he's shopping for maximum RWHP.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,916
    I think he's shopping for maximum RWHP.

kind of a problem on a grand prix, no? ;b

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

Yeah... oops on my part as well. I somehow read V6 not 06. So I guess a good answer would would be about 330 on the V6 and 450 or so on the GT, or course depending on the supercharger and amount of boost/tuning.

DW
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Does anyone know how to get in contact with the engineering department at Ford? I have some questions for them on a potential future project I have in mind (when I win the big lottery).

I'm sure you're all familiar with the Shelby Cobra concept car (NOT the GT500) and the V10 that was used in it. I'm also sure that you all remember that they did some testing of the engine in a previous generation Mustang GT. What I want to know is if one of those engines is available for purchase and can it be installed in the '05+ Mustang GT's engine bay without re-engineering the engine bay and front suspension.

I know it's based on the modular engine architecture, so I'm thinking it would probably work. A bigger problem is that the Cobra concept used a rear mounted transaxle. I wonder if that V10 will mate to a regular T-3650 or T-56 transmission. I'm not concerned about transmission longevity at this time, just whether or not they will mate up.

Now that I've told all of you my idea, I'll be sending out Confidentiality Statements for each of you to sign and return!

Anyway, my original question is how can I contact Ford Engineering?
  • stevefxstevefx Posts: 2
    I am close to ordering a GT convertible and want to know what its like in the bad weather. I know anything over 1 inch of snow will keep me home, but how about RAIN??

Someone told me that the GT's wide tires, front end weight (V8) distribution, high torque, etc. make it a problem in the rain. How do these cars do in the wet in terms of handling, braking, etc.? I assume the traction control will help with taking off from a standstill, but does the car slide when braking or cornering? I know I can't push it in the rain but I don't want to be slipping and sliding when it rains.

Regarding the convertible top -I hear it's pretty good on water-tightness. Any feedback on that?

And while I am asking - - just how bad is it in the snow? I paln on the 17 inchers with the standard "all season performance" tires so I doubt I'll have much grip but can it ahndle an inch or two or do flurries send me home?

THANKS