Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Hey, FWIW, the Sonic Blue looks just awesome, IMO........ It's worth the wait. ;)
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,747
    is being replaced for the 2006 models with Vista Blue. Looks like the Vista Blue has more metallic flake but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/index.htm
  • esbrockesbrock Posts: 88
    akirby:

Thank you for the info and the pics. The Tungsten is exactly the color I wanted all along. The Satin Silver is nice, but I think it's a little light for my taste. I also love the 18" wheels. I am probably going to call my dealer and cancel my '05 order, and reorder an '06 GT. My '05 probably wasn't going to be built anyway, from what I hear from you guys. Even if it was, I haven't heard any kind of confirmation from my dealer yet, if it means getting the exact color I like and 18" wheel package I can wait a couple more months. Living in Texas gives me the luxury of driving this baby all year round, so it's not like driving in summer is my only option.
  • esbrockesbrock Posts: 88
    I don't know what to do. I just talked to my salesguy and I received some news about my '05 GT order. I don't have a VIN yet, but my order is sitting in 7th position in the dealer's allotment. He is telling me the they are getting them in at about 2 orders a week which really cuts it close for my car to actually be completed as a MY '05. I asked him if they had received any information on the '06's yet and he said no. He is telling me that if I want to wait for a MY '06 that I don't have to come in and reorder it. Apparently, Ford notifies them when the order is about to get a VIN, at that time is when I can make final adjustments to my current order or push it back to a MY '06 order and make and adjustments I prefer. If this is true then I guess I will just wait until that time to make my decision. BTW, I'm leaning towards going ahead and waiting a couple more months and selecting a Tungsten Grey GT 5sp MTX with the MyColor interior and 18" wheels. Is he telling me the truth or what?
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,548
    If they've got 7 ahead of you, there's little hope it will be an '05. And, unless you've got a really diligent dealer, I wouldn't take his word that he'll reorder and '06 for you with no input from you.

I'd go to another dealer and order an '06. Dealer's are taking orders for them, now.
  • Yeah, More metal flake, a couple shades lighter.
    But the sonic blue has that "color shifting" thing going on in varying light that I don't thing the Vista Blue will have. Matter of personal taste, but my moniker tells all!
  • Deposit in, Priority 10, DORA Processed 5/27, delivery approximately 7/1
    GT Vert;
    Sonic Blue Clearcoat Metallic
    Leather Trim
    Medium Parchment
    Interior upgrade Package
    Front side Airbags
    Convertible Boot
    Anti theft

IN a word, WooHOO!, anybody want to go for a ride? Or am I being premature?
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,548
    Congrats.....ask your dealer what his allotment situation is. If he's got allotment and your at the top of that list (you should be with a priority of 10), you should be all set. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  • chiefmacchiefmac Posts: 10
    Noted you have a Colgan Bra installed. I've been considering buying one for my GT but have not seen a picture of the product on a Mustang. Just wondered if you have your camera back yet?
  • I ordered my 05' GT in Screaming Yellow about one month ago, the vehicle won't be in for about another two months. I was considering getting some aftermarket striping and came across a web site , www.spectrummarcom.com/mustang/stripepainter.html , they have various colors and combinmations of striping. One of the colors is Dark Highland Green !?!?! Has anyone seen this color before ? Is it available ?
  • rblelandrbleland Posts: 312
    Dark Highland Green was used exclusively by Ford on the 2001 Mustang "Bullitt" Special Edition. Ford has used DHG on trucks, but never yet on another car. I also have that stripepainter on my computer, and I've seen the DHG color in there. Neither the Ford site for Canada or the US lists DHG as a current color. To my knowledge it is not available from Ford at this time. As an owner of a DHG Bullitt myself, I hope they stick to their word and do not offer it on any cars.
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,221
    DHG should not be there at all. It's not offered now and won't be for MY06 either.
  • detailzdetailz Posts: 47
    More power to ya if you can get this beginning of July........I' ve had my order in since mid March and still don't have any info on my Mustang GT Coupe. :confuse:
    If you guys weren't quite so picky, you'd be driving by now. GTs do hit the ground from time to time, you just have to grab them when they do and be just a tad flexible on some things. My niece ordered a black GT. While she was waiting for hers to come in, (and it was late, of course), another black GT turned up at a different dealership that wasn't exactly like she ordered, actually it was optioned up a little more than hers was, but she grabbed it anyway and she's been driving now for weeks, happy!
  • Did she pay over sticker price ?
  • detailzdetailz Posts: 47
    I actually have been somewhat picky as this would be the one and only time that I have specially ordered a car as I usually would buy cars off the lots. Nearing retirement, I just wanted to get my "muscle" car that I never had growing up.(And yes, it is a V8 with a std. shift) After getting this "sports" car that can fit two sets of golf clubs and a little luggage, we will probably be looking at the Crown Vic as our final charriot years from now
  • nvbanker, you're absolutely right! Picky I am, and picky I can choose to be. this car is, for me, a pleasure vehicle, not a necessity, and I can afford to wait for excactly what I want. Also, you are right about an occasional GT showing up. one last week on my dealers lot, a cancelled order ; Mineral grey, Manual, Charcoal interior, and black vert top. Actually lasted on the lot for three days, I think My salesman called me and asked if I was interested, but I'm rolling the dice for that Sonic Blue Vert
  • detailz, we're all entitled to at least one mid-life crisis car, eh? ;)
  • rblelandrbleland Posts: 312
    More than one, I hope...
    No, she didn't have to pay over sticker, and in fact, got an X-plan deal on it which she didn't have on the one she ordered.
    By "years from now", you probably won't be able to get a Crown Vic as they'll be out of production, but may be buying a Five Hundred or Avalon substitute.
  • lateralglateralg Posts: 929
    Speaking of X-Plan, I have a few extra.
  • lmmorganlmmorgan Posts: 3
    Latest news from the front:

I checked in with my local guy (trusted, I've bought from him before) yesterday. 2005s are balanced out, as of sales meeting yesterday morning all dealers were being instructed to contact customers with '05s on order/unbuilt to inform them that their orders are canceled and to ask if they want to roll over into '06s. They're taking and holding orders for new '06s, first submission to manufacturing is July 1.

I ordered mine (GT Premium convertible). There are, at this dealership in central New Jersey, 16 canceled '05 customers and 9 new '06 customers in front of me. I was told to count on "three to six months" for delivery.

The only changes to the '06 - 18" wheel option and elimination of Sonic Blue for a similar but not exact color.
    The V6 for 2006 now has an optional Pony Package.

Vista Blue replaces Sonic Blue.
    Tungsten replaces Mineral Grey (this was the color of the mustang, Shelby Cobra concept and Ford GT at the 2004 Detroit Auto Show).

18" wheels available for the GT.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    I just wanted to let people know about the pony package available for 06 on V6 coupes and convertibles.

In short this package gives a unique exterior look with special grille. This grill has the fog lights of the GT with a chrome bar connecting them.

This car also gives you 17 inch wheels, largest ever on a V6, and the same suspension components as the GT including the rear anti-sway bar.

So for people that don't need 300 hp. but want a taunter ride than the secretary suspension on the stock v6 coupe this might be just the ticket.

Personally living in NJ I'd never get to enjoy 300 hp anyway

Mark
    Actually they're not the same as the GT foglights. They're smaller, with the chrome bars connecting to a "corral" surrounding the pony in the center.

The suspension is "GT-inspired" with a rear anti-sway bar and larger front anti-sway bar. Not necessarily identical to the GT. Plus 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS and Traction Control.
  • Immorgan, I ordered my 05' about 5 weeks ago and was told it would take until Sept/Oct to arrive. I ordered from Downs Ford in Toms River, NJ. My salesman is out for a surgery so i cant get a straight answer on whether i would have to re-order the 06' but I dont believe its been built yet. What dealership did you speak w/ ? I hope its not another 6 months if I have to re-order.
  • looks like my 05' wont be in before the 06' models are produced. Where can I find a picture of the 2 new colors????, i may change from the screaming yellow
    I don't think I can post a direct link but if you do a google search for "2006 mustang vista blue" you'll find it.

It looks like basically the same shade of blue but with more and/or lighter metallic flakes. I think it looks better - more sparkly for sure.
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,221
    I ordered my 05' about 5 weeks ago and was told it would take until Sept/Oct to arrive.

Being that JOB1 for MY06 begins on August 8th it seems odd that you won't be able to take delivery of your '05 until 1-2 months after that date. I would think AAI would want to have most, if not all, of the '05s off of their lots before the '06s begin filling them again.

Anyone else have any experience with orders carrying through a MY change?

I'd find someone else at your dealer who can help you out and see if the '05 is still a reality for you. Now's the time to get an '06 order in if your '05 is off the build list and want to see a new car in your driveway this year. :)