Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,690
    Sounds like they just want you to pay for the report. Why would you check a brand new car? Unless it had lots of miles on it I wouldn't worry about it.

Just leave the traction control on all the time - that's the default. You won't know when you'll need it and it doesn't hurt to leave it on. Only turn it off if you expect and want to spin the tires on purpose.
  • cheezeboycheezeboy Posts: 218
    hey gguy - thanks for the info...it will be passed on to the co-worker.....I think he 'loves' the Stang, but the ability to haul people/stuff will sway him into the station wagon.. .oops...sorry...Magnum........!!

and don't worry, I'll come back here to harass you from time to time!!.....can't let the Ford folks have all the fun.......

BTW, you recovered from the 'incident'?......hope all is well!
  • I checked Carfax out of curiosity. When I picked up my new Mustang, it only had 10 miles on it. So I guess I shouldn't worry about it. Also, thanks for the tip about the traction control. I'll just leave it on and keep driving! :P
    David
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    First traction control uses the ABS sensors to compare drive wheels speeds. Where a wheel speed difference is detected and the computer determines that the difference is due to a lose of traction as opposed to going around a corner, the computer applies the brake to the slipping wheel up to several times per second so that you do not loose traction. In extreme instances, the computer will reduce the throttle.

Traction control is totally invisible until it is needed. ALSO the Mustang GT traction control can recognize a driver induced "burn out" and will let you light up the tires!!!

Mark
  • cmnottcmnott Posts: 200
    This is the first Mustang to have a 2.5" exhaust system which virtually eliminates the need to go aftermarket. If you want to do anything, go with axle back because all the rest of the piping is the same size.

Of course, if you want to remove the cats, you will gain power.
  • detailzdetailz Posts: 47
    I have had a Redfire GT Coupe on order for four months and was informed this afternoon that my order would not be filled??? When asking the dealer does that mean that we move to the 2006, they could not tell me. Anyone have any idea what is going on with Ford and these dealerships? I cannot believe how micky mouse this whole thing has been over the past few months. Would really like to hear from anybody who might have a clue as to what is going on.
    They ran out of slots to build all the 05 GTs that had been ordered, so those should automatically be converted to 06 orders. If your dealer isn't telling you this then they're clueless or purposely misleading you. It's not Ford. Ford has no control over the dealers.
  • vppreachervppreacher Posts: 72
    I was just curious to know does the Active Anti-theft system automatically arm and lock the doors if you leave the vehicle for a period of time? I read the owner's manual, but I may have missed that section. I've waited for a while and the system does not seem to auto arm.

Is there a way to enable this feature?
  • xkssxkss Posts: 722
    The new Mustang has won four races in Grand-Am Cup against BMW M3s, Porsche 911s, Nissan 350Zs, and other cars.

check these links

racing one

racing two
  • mschmal...wanted to thank you for the advice about locating a Mustang GT in FLA (message #1263). I jumped on the 'net and started researching dealers in the Orlando and Tampa areas. We found just the car we were looking for at a decent price, contacted the dealer, took care of the deposit and paperwork...the car is ours! I was actually amazed at the Mustang inventory some of those dealerships have down south, especially when they are so hard to find here in Michigan. Anyway, we are heading down there next week to pick up the car, which leads to my next question...

Since the car is brand new with only 48 miles on it and we are driving it back to Michigan, I'm worried about how to "break in" the engine on such a long trip. Will it be a problem? Any and all advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    "Apparently", the dealership just found out about this yesterday and is looking into this matter. I guess what really gets me is why after FOUR months does this happen? Can't Ford figure out a schedule and atleast give out updates....let alone production spots that cannot be filled?
  • rowlandjrowlandj Posts: 254
    Break in requires varying speed of the engine for the first 1,000 or so miles. If you are going to be on the highway for most of that I would suggest that you manually shift the transmission to achieve the differing RPM's. When in stop and go keep the gears lower, without exceeding the maximum recommended RPM"s, and take the car out of high gear once in a while to bring the RPM's up at higher speeds.

JR
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,238
    cheeze....glad to help.

I'm fully recovered. My nose is a little different since the brake, but most say anything was an improvement.

Frankly, I was surprised it took longer than expected to recover from the airbag burns and bruising. That took about a month. Given the choice of slamming into the dash, or worse, through the windshield, I'm not complaining as opposed to some burns and bruises from airbag deployment, I'll take the latter.

But, alls well that ends well.

Don't be a stranger. I haven't wandered over to the RX8 forums for a while. Hope everyone is behaving. Tell Pathstar I said "hello".
    Ford is building the cars as fast as possible. Ford gives the dealers production slots based on their allotments, and the dealers put priorities on their orders. So the dealer could have oversold their allotment or they put in new orders with higher priorities after yours or they changed your priority.

The dealers have more control and certainly more information than they lead you to believe. The dealers knew months ago that there were more 05 GT orders than they could fill.

I'd find a new dealer.
    "My nose is a little different since the brake...."

Your nose hit the brake pedal? Wow - that must have been some accident!
    LOL! Guess I should re-read before posting. Should've been "break".....as in a "broken nose".

That would have been horrific if the "brake" pedal caused a "broken" nose, however. :sick:
    Sorry - that's just one of my pet peeves. Could be worse - you could have said that your foot accidentally hit the "break peddle". Don't laught too hard - I've seen it!
  • lateralglateralg Posts: 929
    While we're on pet peeves:

"RPM's" = Revolutions per minutes.
    Same as saying "MPH's"

Revolutions per minute = RPM
    Miles per hour = MPH

Right, Allen?
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    I was just curious to know does the Active Anti-theft system automatically arm and lock the doors if you leave the vehicle for a period of time?

Nope.
    Absolutely!

Now lets' not get into the HP vs. Torque thing, ok?
  • lateralglateralg Posts: 929
    Fire when ready. I have some new ammo.
    Just went to the post office. Had a guy follow me after he saw me pull out of the post office. I parked. He parks right next to me. Of course, he wanted to talk about my car. Interestingly, he went two miles out of his way from his office just to get a look at the car, particularly the interior. I had to cut our converstation short since I didn't think I'd get him out of the driver's seat. He was fondling everything a bit more than my Mustang likes strangers to do. :P
    The dealer I have been dealing for four months on a new Mustang GT suggested that I re-submit my "order" for a Mustang 2006 GT as the Mustang 2005 GT will not be filled. I still don't get it! ....seems as if the local McDonalds can schedule hamburgers better than this fiasco.
    One response from a reader here suggested that I find a new dealer which I may do..............I just don't know or understand! Anyone know what a priority 40 level means???

I have reordered the Mustang GT Coupe in Toungsten with the "Silver" stripe down the middle of the vehicle. Also ordered the 18" Wheels as well......

I hope someone has some answers out there .....any help or ideas???
  • eagle41eagle41 Posts: 54
    Gang
    Stopped by a dealer last week just to check out the mustang. Salesmen told me one may be coming in next week. Received a call(today) and went down to look at the car. (Black GT Deluxe ,No extras$25815.)I tryed to haggle , but got nowhere. I was given an OK trade in value for my car. Book plus maybe $500..Problem is that my jeep is only 2 years old and only has 6800 miles on it.We couldn't complete the deal tonight, but I will be getting a call early tomorrow morning. Should I pull the trigger?
  • gtogmgtogm Posts: 31
    Not sure on how you say the 2005 Mustang interior is that great? Esp. compared to it's competitors. Didn't immperss me. The GTO's interior uses significantly higher grade materials than the Mustang's and is more upscale and has more comfortable seats which are more supportive and the rear seats are much roomier, while the new Mustang's interior is definitely lowerer grade. You get what you pay for. Even CR called Mustangs interior CHEAP.

It also has a plastic rimmed steering wheel and a plastic shift knob/selector which is terrible, ti's an awkard shape that is nasty to grip. These both looked and felt cheaper than the parts used in the econobox Focus, and were totally out of place on a Mustang. Many hard cheap plastic parts. You definitely need the interior upgrade with extra satin/faux metal rings, but still lags.
  • gtogmgtogm Posts: 31
    Wait till next yaer this time and you will get the Mustang under MSRP. Wait until 2007 and probalby good rebates ,discounts. If you don't need to be first, you will save $$> As retro wears off, so will the price. The 2005 bugs should be fixed by then as well. I got to laugh at all those people paying MSRP or higher now for a car that will lose 50 to 66% of it's value over the next 5yrs, LOL!
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 979
    Detailz, you might also want to check with the folks in the Ford Mustang: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion to see if they have any ideas.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• jacknimblejacknimble Posts: 171
    It seems to me that it would be MUCH easier to build and deliver a hamburger to a customer than an automobile. Besides that, I think it is an insult to the employees of McDonalds to compare them to most car dealers. :)

Sounds like a nice color combo. Good luck.
    detailz....as has been widely reported, Ford was expecting to sell about 150,000 '05 Mustangs (about 15,000 more than the '04s). Once it became clear that demand was much higher, they upped production to 190,000 '05s. That put a strain on not only the Flat Rock plant, but all the other plants that provide engines, transmissions, and even the suppliers. If they could, I'm certain Ford would have upped production even more. Fact is, they produced as many as they possibly could.

If you go to another dealer, I'd insist on a "priority 10", which is obviously better than priority 40. Fact is, you'd be hard pressed to find another car with the performance, style and build of the Mustang......even at MSRP. Which is one of the reasons it has proved to be a runaway "hit" for Ford.

That tungsten is a nice color. I bet the silver stripe will look great with it.

eagle.....MSRP is the market price for this car. It probably will be for quite some time as even the '06 orders are running very strong.....and they aren't even coming out of the factory yet.

gm.....SIGH!.....I don't quite understand why you insist on coming to this thread. Are/were you in the market for a Mustang and not able to get one?

Unless CR has changed dramatically, they've never been fond of any American iron.

As far as Mustang resale is concerned, I was offered MSRP for my Mustang GT from a Toyota Dealer recently. It's 4 months old with 4K on the odometer. '06 orders are continuing with the stong demand. I'd say resale will be just fine.

I'm glad you like your car. Truth is, the GTO was my 2nd choice if I couldn't have "scored" a Mustang. GTO didn't make the cut with me for numerous reasons, not the least of them being I didn't like it's interior as well as the Mustang's, but this isn't the place to discuss that. We've all beat the pros/cons to death already in the Mustang vs GTO thread already.

I haven't been to that thread in a while, but if you'd like, go on over there and browse through that discussion.