Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    By "years from now", you probably won't be able to get a Crown Vic as they'll be out of production, but may be buying a Five Hundred or Avalon substitute.
  • lateralglateralg Posts: 929
    Speaking of X-Plan, I have a few extra.
  • lmmorganlmmorgan Posts: 3
    Latest news from the front:

I checked in with my local guy (trusted, I've bought from him before) yesterday. 2005s are balanced out, as of sales meeting yesterday morning all dealers were being instructed to contact customers with '05s on order/unbuilt to inform them that their orders are canceled and to ask if they want to roll over into '06s. They're taking and holding orders for new '06s, first submission to manufacturing is July 1.

I ordered mine (GT Premium convertible). There are, at this dealership in central New Jersey, 16 canceled '05 customers and 9 new '06 customers in front of me. I was told to count on "three to six months" for delivery.

The only changes to the '06 - 18" wheel option and elimination of Sonic Blue for a similar but not exact color.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,665
    The V6 for 2006 now has an optional Pony Package.

Vista Blue replaces Sonic Blue.
    Tungsten replaces Mineral Grey (this was the color of the mustang, Shelby Cobra concept and Ford GT at the 2004 Detroit Auto Show).

18" wheels available for the GT.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    I just wanted to let people know about the pony package available for 06 on V6 coupes and convertibles.

In short this package gives a unique exterior look with special grille. This grill has the fog lights of the GT with a chrome bar connecting them.

This car also gives you 17 inch wheels, largest ever on a V6, and the same suspension components as the GT including the rear anti-sway bar.

So for people that don't need 300 hp. but want a taunter ride than the secretary suspension on the stock v6 coupe this might be just the ticket.

Personally living in NJ I'd never get to enjoy 300 hp anyway

Mark
    Actually they're not the same as the GT foglights. They're smaller, with the chrome bars connecting to a "corral" surrounding the pony in the center.

The suspension is "GT-inspired" with a rear anti-sway bar and larger front anti-sway bar. Not necessarily identical to the GT. Plus 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS and Traction Control.
  • Immorgan, I ordered my 05' about 5 weeks ago and was told it would take until Sept/Oct to arrive. I ordered from Downs Ford in Toms River, NJ. My salesman is out for a surgery so i cant get a straight answer on whether i would have to re-order the 06' but I dont believe its been built yet. What dealership did you speak w/ ? I hope its not another 6 months if I have to re-order.
  • looks like my 05' wont be in before the 06' models are produced. Where can I find a picture of the 2 new colors????, i may change from the screaming yellow
    I don't think I can post a direct link but if you do a google search for "2006 mustang vista blue" you'll find it.

It looks like basically the same shade of blue but with more and/or lighter metallic flakes. I think it looks better - more sparkly for sure.
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,210
    I ordered my 05' about 5 weeks ago and was told it would take until Sept/Oct to arrive.

Being that JOB1 for MY06 begins on August 8th it seems odd that you won't be able to take delivery of your '05 until 1-2 months after that date. I would think AAI would want to have most, if not all, of the '05s off of their lots before the '06s begin filling them again.

Anyone else have any experience with orders carrying through a MY change?

I'd find someone else at your dealer who can help you out and see if the '05 is still a reality for you. Now's the time to get an '06 order in if your '05 is off the build list and want to see a new car in your driveway this year. :)
  • riverronriverron Posts: 26
    Been reading the forums now for several weeks.

I had a GT ordered from a dealer in San Diego, but just happened by another dealer, about 20 miles away, on Jan 12, about 6:30 pm, to see what they had, if anything. They had just, within 30 min, got a black GT in and I just happened to be the 1st one to ask about it. Drove it home 2 hrs later. Black, Dk Charcoal, shaker 500, 5 speed, upgraded wheels, etc. Five more people wanted it while I was signing papers.

Car was made Jan. 05, and the only problem I have had is the fuel shutting off while trying to fill the tank, but that only happens at a FEW stations. The front-end doesn't make noise, the C/D doesn't skip, the brakes don't squeak, the engine doesn't vibrate, the trans doesn't make any strange noises, But it does go like hell, handles like it was on rails, sounds like a 60's muscle car, rides like a dream, and gets 26 mpg on HARD runs between Arizona and California.

I'm 58 years old and I have driven Mustangs since my first in 1967, which was a used 66 Shelby GT-350. Since then I've driven many. This is without a doubt the finest of them all. I LOVE IT.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,099
    riverron.....my experiences have been just like yours. Again, I think there are a lot of people coming from other types of cars (Accords, Camrys, Chevys, etc), drawn by the high style of the Mustang. When they drive it home, all of a sudden they realize this beast has a performance tuned exhaust, a heavy duty trans, a firm ride (but good handling), makes "different" noises than what they're used to and decide something must be wrong since their Grand Am didn't sound or drive like this.

All of a sudden, they start finding fault because they've never been in a car quite like the '05 Mustang.
  • gtluvrgtluvr Posts: 10
    This is true. NO problems at all with my April Manufactured GT. He sounds and handles just like the monster he is suppose to be.
  • lmmorganlmmorgan Posts: 3
    cigarmanblue - I spoke to Freehold Ford. I also spoke to my cousin, who works at a dealership in FL who verified what Freehold Ford told me. If your order has yet to be serialized (i.e. if you don't have a VIN, a build date and a deliver date) then you're not getting an '05. If you roll into an '06 they will honor your price and put you in the proper top-of-list order. You should get your '06 in Sept./Oct., thusly. Call the dealership, get another guy on the phone and tell them you want to roll over.
  • thanks, let you know how it works out.
  • I just got back from my dealer (NJ). They have stopped taking orders for 05's and if anyone hasnt received their VIN # they will have to roll their order to an 06', it was just a matter of printing out a new form. I looked at changing my color from Screaming Yellow to Tungston, but after looking at the paint chip I really didnt like the tungsten. In the light their was a rainbow of colors mixed with the grey. I'm sure it will be popular though. Anyway, I'm #2 on the dealers list to get an 06', they're hoping early September.
    Not all dealers are built out for the 05 model year.

My dealer is expected some allocation again this week for 05

Mark
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,210
    I'm planning to buy in March of '07 so I hope they're right about the demand duration part.

USA Today
    Link doesn't work.
    as of this week, my dealership is built out for 05 Mustangs. :(

Mark