Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,209
    Sorry about that. Try this.

USA Today
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,892
    Good article. As I've seen all along and they mention, demand will stay strong for 18 months. That means they'll be tough to get well into next year (GT models) even with Ford increasing production by ~40,000 units. They also mention the strong resale, which we all hoped for.

I mentioned in another thread that someone offered to buy mine used for MSRP with 2,000 miles on the odometer. Don't plan on selling, though.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    It also goes to show you that the current model selling price has far more to do with residual value on older cars than what the older cars sold for. If they drop the price of new models then the older models drop even further. And vice versa as we're seeing with the new mustang.
    I found that particularly interesting.....that the sales of the new Mustang actually positively affected the older models resale value. Gotta love it.
  • tmtgttmtgt Posts: 18
    As posted before, I ordered my '05 sonic gt conv 2/22. It was scheduled to be built 5/23, and delivered 6/20. I was told by my dealer and by ford cus.svr that it was built on that date, however 6/20 came and went. I was told by my dealer that there was a quality inspection delay and my car was pushed back (whatever that means..). I was told today by the dealer that I should get it next week, but they have no way to track it.
    Customer service only has on their computer that it should have been delivered last week and know nothing about a quality inspection or delay. It is now going on 6 months and I don't understand why they can't keep better track of where their vehicles are.
    Maybe I'm getting paranoid... :confuse:
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    The common carrier who delivers the cars to the dealership has total control.

I've heard horror stories of carriers loading a truck then going on vacation...(they want to make sure they have work when they get back)

We did have a carrier destroy an 05 Mustang driving it off the trailer.

We also had a carrier get into an accident recently and destroy 4 CV Police Interceptors. This was all recent.

But i'm sure that only happens rarely.

Mark
  • caballocaballo Posts: 6
    Message to Graphicguy or anyother of the great posters on this site.

How are you getting pricing on the 06? I've tried placing orders with two dealers and they simply do not have pricing on the 06 yet. :confuse:
  • chevy4lifechevy4life Posts: 20
    I thought I had the flick on the 05's: The GT's have dual exhaust, a GT gas cap, and the big round driving lights in the grille, right? All the things the V6 does NOT have....

I am on vacation and saw a red Mustang with the big round lights in the grill, but no GT gas cap and no dual exhaust. Are the big lights available as an option for the V6, or did this guy do some modifiying?

On an unrelated note, it's strange how USA Today quotes Ford as telling their dealers to stop selling 05's , but at the same time, there is no 06 pricing, and Ford's own website has nothing to say about the 06's....
  • detailzdetailz Posts: 47
    I test drove a GT 5 speed back in the beginning of March and told the salesman that the dealership was lucky that I did not keep driving West with the dealer plates! Just awesome and yes, I am in my mid 50s and this will be "grand finale" for this type of thing. Have driven many "muscle and sports" cars but never driven a package like this.......Ford did NOT hit a home run with this entry...........they hit a GRAND SLAM!!! Still waiting as I ordered my GT coupe back in mid March....
    Hi all:

I don't believe '06 pricing is out yet. Probably won't be until after July 4th. Remember, they aren't even going to be built until August. I'd say dealers should have pricing after July 4th on '06s.

GT's don't have a GT gas cap....just a body colored cover. THEY DO HAVE dual exhausts.

What you probably saw was a V6 that some people are modifying to look like a GT.

The '06 V6s will have an option package (Pony package, I believe) with a slightly different grill with much smaller fog lamps in the grill.
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,209
    GT's don't have a GT gas cap....just a body colored cover.

I think he was referring to the GT medallion on the trunk that mimics the gas caps of days gone by. ;)
  • chevy4lifechevy4life Posts: 20
    Exactly. The GT has a gas cap that says GT on it.
    The last build day for '05 Mustangs was last Friday (6/24). Ford will start building '06s on August 8th.
  • esbrockesbrock Posts: 88
    I don't know how official it is, but when I changed my order from an '05 GT to an '06 GT there were prices shown on the confirmation sheet. They had to be '06 prices because the 18" wheel option wasn't available last year and that price was posted. The dealer may not have a pricing sheet to show anyone, but if you order an '06, the computer should spit them out.
  • Actually, this is not true. My car has a schedualed build date of July 18 and the gentleman I am working with through the dealership has confirmed my build date. I have also told him about people saying what you have about the last build dates for the 05 has passed and he reassured me that that is not true. So I am not sure where you are getting your information from, but I am going with what my guy is saying. Especially because he has been completely honest and up front with me the entire time through this process. Maybe it helps that he works for Ford in the fleet department, so I am not actually dealing with a SALES person.
    Getting my information straight from employees at the Flat Rock plant where Mustangs are built.

Hope things work out on your end.
  • gtluvrgtluvr Posts: 10
    detailz,
    I know what you mean. I am the same age and feel the same way. I am not disappointed at ALL in this car. Ford did a great job and it is pure fun to drive and a head turner. Enjoy your car!!!!
  • gtforme2gtforme2 Posts: 23
    Hey all,

Isn't amazing the # of people that check this car out? Had it since 11th of June, Ordered it March 28th, sight unseen (hadn't seen a live GT prior), without even sitting in one. Thus far have a little over 500 flawless miles, and like the title says LOVIN IT!

The one blemish on quality is with the convert roof latch. The right one is very difficult to close and usally requires keeping the motor engaged while I secure that latch. Has anyone else had any similar experience?

Also, does anybody know if there's any way to get a engine dress up kit to make engine look like picture in this web site? I think it would dress up engine compartment like the IUP does inside the cabin.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0403mm_mustweb/

Also, has anyone cosidered or put on the Chrome Tips from the Mustang Accessories catalog? I'm curious what other people think of them and if they are something that easily install?
  • I have seen a few people on the various Mustang boards install the chrome tips. They look very good on the car and most people mistake them for new mufflers. I believe that they have a clamp on system similar to how the mufflers attach to the pipes from the mid-pipe.

If you are happy with the stock sound and loudness, then get the chrome tips. If you want a more "throatier" exhaust note, change it. Just a word of warning if you do decide to change the axle-backs. They don't add hp (maybe 1-3 hp if you are lucky) so decide based on quality and sound. I have the Bassani x-pipe and muffler and it is very loud ;) Good luck in your quest gtforme2!
  • gtluvrgtluvr Posts: 10
    I put the chrome tips on mine and they really class up the back. You need some torque to get them on. I actually took it to my Ford Dealer and they did it for me and did not charge anything.