Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    Car theft is the least of S. Africa's worries, where a rape occurs every 60-90 seconds.
  • trantitranti Posts: 51
    I love my mustang but I miss a sunroof. I owned VW, Civic, Accord. All of them have sunroofs. I searched and found out one company inalfasunroofs.com that installs aftermarket sunroof on Mustang 05. Anyone knows about aftermarket sunroof, please tell me your opinion or experience about it.
    I don't how you guys do it, put an American flag by your name, but I have a small flag on my rear window, driver's side, in an area, San Francisco, unfriendly to such displays of patriotism. :shades:
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,747
    Go into your profile and select a country.
    Thanks. Isn't it funny how the solution is so often right under your nose? :shades:
  • mac92mac92 Posts: 1
    I have had my 06 mustang since 12/29/05, and I love it!!!! I have had it in the shop once for a grinding noise when there is a lot of weight in the car (ie. 4 people) and I had total withdrawl while it was there.It is fixed now... knock on wood!!!
    It is definitely like my 3rd child, and I am very possessive! :) No one is allowed to drink, eat, or especially eat lollipops in my stang! I have NEVER felt like this about a car before. Very wierd! My husband says it's something like that Christine movie from 10 or 15 years ago.
    I feel exactly the same way-- we're both "car crazy." (Actually thought mac was a guy, until the last sentence. Surprised, heartened, women can also go nuts over a car like us.) :shades:
  • I live in Ohio and we tend to have some bad winters'. I was wondering how well Mustangs go in the snow.
    They'll go fine with Traction Control and a good set of snow tires.
    Crimson red GT convertible on local dealer's lot this weekend is no longer there. Yeah, sure, demand is drying up.
    Sales have slowed overall, and at least you can find GTs sitting on the lot. My dealer said he'd do X plan on a GT coupe if I ordered it (or any V6 coupe) but not on convertibles (yet). Verts are still hot (it's almost springtime).
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    right now, Stick GTs are HIGH RISK for NOT being scheduled.

Mark.
    Sounds like a good time to jump in and buy one (a GT) if you have a mind to. The slump in demand in your area might or might not last.
  • m1miatam1miata Posts: 4,556
    Will there be any significant changes to the front and rear on the Stang for '07? And will we see independent rear suspension by '08? Would love to see telescopic steering columns on all models, and roll bars for convertibles. Ford wants ya safe - right? The current car looks and feels pretty good. Even the V6 now sounds better after the big change. As long as the 2014 model doesn't look like the Focus, I think we're OK. :shades:

Loren
    Its pretty clear from what Ford is saying, that a Live Axle is part of the Mustang experience.

This car is suppose to be a little rough on the edges. Kind of like a tom boy chick in her prom dress.

Mark.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Sirius satellite radio
    "Soft touch" dash option for the GT
    No more Interior Upgrade Package except for fleet vehicles
    Heated seats
    Power passenger seat
    California Special edition for the GT that will include diffent colored seats w/ suede inserts.
    Engine cover on the GT
    Electrochromic rearview mirror w/ Homelink

Due to forum rules, I can't tell you the website of the Mustang source from where I got the information.
    Actually it's the Interior Sport Appearance Package that will be fleet only, not the Interior Upgrade Package. There is a new GT appearance package.

Alloy Grey and Grabber Orange are 2 new colors.
  • Engine cover on the GT?
    Well it may be a little rough on the edges, as you say, but the price is getting more uptown. Once the Challenger, then the Camaro ( if they are still in business ) comes out, I would imagine Ford will have to upgrade the Stang to IRS. And yes, I suppose I could live without it, while likewise the price on the V6 should stay under $20K and the V8 under $25K. Would also expect a different V6 for gas mileage, and / or transmission changes for both Stangs.
    If they build that Challenger like the show car, some 79+ inches wide, I for one won't consider it. Some of the streets around here are too narrow, and the parking lots would not come close to fitting within the lines. I think the Mustang will remain on my list of cars to buy some day. A used Corvette is still in the back on my mind, though my pocketbook says beware the maintenance costs. Guess the other RWD car is the Chrysler 300.

I think the live rear axle is gone by 2008 model year, though I could be wrong.

Loren
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    ... Once the Challenger, then the Camaro ( if they are still in business ) comes out, I would imagine Ford will have to upgrade the Stang to IRS. ...

Why would they have to upgrade to IRS?? When the F-bodies came out with well over 300HP, the Mustang GT was still well under 300HP and it still outsold the F-bodies (combined) by at least 2:1. How is the lack of an IRS all of a sudden going to make a difference? :confuse:
  • kroliphkroliph Posts: 75
    I just got the latest edition of MotorTrend and there was mention of the fact that most of the special edition Mustangs (Bullitt, Mach 1, etc) were canceled except for the BOSS, which will come w/ a 5.4 L V8. I'm hoping it will be aluminum to keep weight down. Maybe this info is very old, but it was the first time I had heard of it. Does anyone know anything else?
    Lack of IRS didn't stop Ford Mustang FR500C from winning the 2005 Grand Am Manfacturers cup.

http://www.grandamerican.com/CONTENT/Docs/PDF/2005/VIRCup%20Mfg%20Points.pdf

BMW came in second and Porsche came in third.

Mark.
  • scalmiescalmie Posts: 1
    Has anyone used a Predator tuner on a 2005 Mustang V6?

If so, were the results worth the $400?

Thanks.
    The F body failed due the long hood, which was largely invisible up front, low seating position, larger overall size, windshield angle too radical for some, it was not promoted, strange hump where the catalytic converter was located, and a lack of updates, to name a few reasons. The engine was just fine. The handling was better than a Stang. Looks were good, just less functional. The New Camaro and/or Challenger will be a modern suspensioned car, so if they choose to keep the Stang as is, that is their choice. Perhaps it will not matter that much, yet I still think it will be one or several items in need of updates. If the Camaro and Challenger is too expensive, their will be no need to change the Stang.

Loren
    That's great that it works well enough on the track. I have seen 1965 Stangs on the track at Laguna Seca, and having a grand old time. Has nothing to do with everyday car experience and driving on irregular highways and country roads of America. Yes, it is great they won the 2005 Grand Am Cup. I am sure it is a good car with a solid axle. Would consider buying one some day. Will it compare to the competition though when they have IRS in street version - used on the street? That is the question. If they want to sell on price, perhaps it won't matter. Maybe it won't matter if Chrysler or GM shoots themselves in the foot by overcharging for their car, or making it too wide and too dang heavy to be a truly sporty car, and it all won't matter to Ford. I am just saying, someday a modern suspension will likely have to be built into a modern day car.

Loren
    You do understand that it's not a run-of-the-mill solid rear axle - right? It's a very sophisticated setup with a panhard rod and is closer to a racing setup than a normal inexpensive street setup.

Go back and read the reviews on the CTS-V and see how well IRS handles that much power. Do the words axle-hop ring a bell? It's a non-issue. Car and Driver said their testers actually looked under the car after their first test drives thinking there was an IRS under there.
  • homerkchomerkc Posts: 113
    I am considering a Mustang V6 coupe, to drive everyday to work. Since I live in the midwest, and occasionally have to deal with snow, can anyone tall me how they handle in snow. Does the traction control tame the rear wheels? I want a V6, 5 spd, but now I'm starting to worry that it will be useless in winter.
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    you will see good results with a new tune.

you will see significant results when coupled with a cold air intake.

SCT tuner is favored for automatics.
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    rear wheel drive cars have been around for since the beginning of time. they work fine in the snow.
  • homerkchomerkc Posts: 113
    The issue is that some work better than others. A 2wd pickup, for example, is a handful in the snow because it is so light over the drive wheels. On the other hand, I used to drive Crown Vics (when my kids were little - in lieu of a minivan) and I never had trouble driving in PA, even without posi or traction control. I am wondering what owners in snow country have experienced with their mustangs. Does the traction control tame the rear end, or is it too light to work well in snow? Are you able to drive the car in winter as a daily driver?