Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• novellnovell Posts: 26
    No problem. What options are you going with? I was planning on purchasing Vista Blue with Dark Charcoal interior as well, but the one dealer that had one (2007) model in here in MD wouldnt cut me a good deal. I wound up with a Black exterior and Red interior.
  • baggs32baggs32 Posts: 3,221
    I also have seen the headrest turned (pointed) backwards in a Mustang Convertible not to long ago.

Are you sure you can completely remove the headrests though? I haven't tried it but the other two Ford vehicles I've owned recently allowed you to adjust the rests up and down but not remove them. One was an '05 Escape and the other is an '06 Explorer. I'm guessing the Mustang is the same.

Having said that, I think the dealer can get them out somehow or you may be able to find the steps of that process via a search too. If they can't be removed that is. ;)
  • I just put in the order last night. Premium GT, Vista Blue, Dark Charcoal interior, automatic, interior upgrade with charcoal aluminum dash, comfort package, HID headlights, ambiant lighting, Triptunes, hands-free phone system, active anti-theft, 18" polished aluminum wheels, chrome exhaust tips. 6-8 weeks. I can't wait! I've wanted a musclecar / sportscar since I was in high school. I'm now 43. Talk about postponed gratification!

There was a Vista Blue V6 right outside the dealership door. It had been customized by California Concepts, and looked sweet. It had some kind of louvres over the triangle windows on the side, a Shelby type spoiler, and what looked like 19" or 20" chrome wheels. What stood out for me, though, was just the sheer beauty of the color. I don't think I've ever seen a prettier blue.

I told the dealer I wanted priority 10 on the order. He said he would try. If he comes back with a "no", then I might just have to try another dealer.

Your comment about the headrests helped me get over that final hurdle. Thanks again.
    Being 38 myself I understand the musclecar wanting. The Blue reminds me of the IROC's in the mid to late 80's. I think it is extremely sharp as well, it was my first choice. The interior can be a little dark, I added some aftermarket interior parts (satin dress up around the headlight and chrome radio knob along with chrome bezel and cover for the power mirror control). Didnt cost too much but definitely brightend the interior. I still want to do a few more interior upgrades nothing major as I have the Satin IUP on mine. Exterior wise I plan on adding chrome door handles and sequential tail lights (old school baby).

Question with respect to the triptunes what exactly does it do besides charge? FYI their is an 3.5MM input in the console between the seats, I plug my IPOD there and use it whenever I am not listening to Sirius.
  • From what I recall--and I don't have an i-Pod yet so I didn't pay much attention--Triptunes has a docking station or holder for the i-Pod. It also allows you to see the i-Pod menu on the face of the stereo.
  • I have an '07 V6 and I was wondering if anyone has any issues with the power windows?

My problem is that it appears that the "proper" resting spot of the window when completely down, has a slight amount of the window protruding above the door. On occasion, the window seems to sink deeper into the door and it kind of clunks into the door. It seems like it misses a "stop" feature maybe once every 10-15 roll downs.

Anyone experience this before??
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,747
    Many Edge owners had the same complaints about the headrests and did turn them backwards. Look for a small hole on one side of the plastic pieces that the headrest posts insert into. Raise the headrests all the way, push in a paper clip, etc. and you should be able to remove the headrests.
  • 08pony08pony Posts: 13
    How does the dealer allocation work for 08 Mustangs? I placed my order today but the dealer said it won't be placed with Ford until next week because that is when they they get their "allocation". He also said I will be a priority code 10 which I assume is a good thing. How are these cars allocated and how quick are they coming? Dealer claims 4-6 weeks but another dealer quoted 10 - 12 weeks. I ordered v6 with pony package.
  • I've noticed the same thing with the driver's side window in my '05 V6 but have never taken it to the dealer to have it checked out. At one point the auto-up/down feature stopped working on the passenger side but by the time I took it to the shop it had magically fixed itself (and have had no problems since then).
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    If you don't get a 10, the dealer is stroking you.

Also, its my understanding that the triptunes and handsfree phone require a dropship and may take extra time...can anyone confirm?

These can be installed at the dealership so you might want them off of the build if it will take more time from the factory.

Mark
    Ford downloads orders every wed afternoon, so if you placed an order on thursday, it goes in the next week.

If a dealer is really nice, he could modify something already in the pipeline to meet your spec.

4 weeks means every thing goes perfect.
    6 - 8 weeks is more typical
    over 8 weeks means that something about the order did not fit into the build schedule imediately or you had a restricted commodity item. For instance 18" wheels are limited, navigation is limited, stick on GT or V6 is limited, GTs are limited, although not as much as in previous years.

Invoiced accessories also cause delay, trip tunes, mobiles, etc.

Mark.
  • 08pony08pony Posts: 13
    Thanks mschmal.

Ordered v6 premium pony. DCAR with dark charcoal leather. Shaker 500, sirius, Safety & security package, heated seats, chrome exhaust tip, auto, interior upgrade. I was surprised that the 08 total msrp is lower than equally equipped 07. Ford made side airbags standard and combined the alarm in the safety and security. That is why I ordered o8 rather than try to locate 07. Even though I lose the rebate, I gain a model year.
    Thanks for the tip akirby. I have no problem with the headrests in my Mustang or Explorer (which are very similar) so I never had the need to do it. But I do see people asking how to do it quite often so I'll pass the info on. ;)
  • That is some golden information, akirby. Thanks! Now I can fix the headrest problem as soon as I get the car home, instead of worrying about making arrangements with a dealership or upholstery shop.

The dealer did give me a priority 10.

I can't believe what a bargain this car is. Some people suggested I wait for the Challenger or Camaro, because they would probably be faster and/or have more horsepower. Perhaps. But I'll bet those engines will suck gas like a GTO. I'll also wager that both of those cars will be more expensive than a Mustang.

I'm happy with a 300 horsepower 4.6. There will always be another car somewhere that is faster. I can stand it.
    I'll also wager that both of those cars will be more expensive than a Mustang.

Last I read they were having a hard time keeping the base price of the Camaro V6 model below $25k because of the expensive platform they used and the IRS. How true that still is I don't know but I'm with you. There are better choices for the kind of money those two are probably going to sell for. Like a GT500. ;)
    If rumors are true, expect a big jump in HP.

Mark
    And for mileage to decrease.
    When the 500 switched to the Taurus the HP went from 203 to 260 and the highway mileage actually increased by 2 mpg (using the 2008 figures for both). They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
    Well said, but do you think with a V8 muscle car there will be a decrease? Say if they put in cylinder deactivation, does that really work?
    I am seriously considering adding a cold air intake by either JLT or K&N, any negatives on mileage? Also do all cold air intakes require using premium fuel?
  • I have the BBK 62MM Throttle body and CAIK. The BBK setup does not require "reflashing" of the OBDII computer that other CAIK setups do (however I have purchased a "Predator" tuner to squeeze more HP out of it). Regardless, changing from regular to premium fuel made a significant difference in performance. The slight decrease in mpg was due in large part to me wanting to go faster as a result of the improvement.
    All things equal a CAI will usually increase mileage, not decrease it. You won't need Premium unless you increase the compression ratio with new heads or you reprogram the PCM to advance the timing.
  • All things equal a CAI will usually increase mileage, not decrease it.

Then why doesn't Ford put CAI on all Mustangs? Wouldn't that mean better CAFE numbers?
  • Give a premium a shot and see if you notice a difference. My mileage decreased because I drive it more aggressively.
    Mainly cost but also noise control.
  • A cold air intake without exhaust modifications will increase noise? Interesting.
    Just putting in a K&N filter will usually increase the intake noise a little. An entire CAI will be more dramatic. It's not exhaust noise - more of a turbine sound under the hood.
  • Some CAIK with the increased airflow and lack of enclosure do provide an increase in noise primarily under hard acceleration (unless the vehicle has also had an exhaust mod i.e. headers or "Cat Back" mufflers such as "Borla Stingers").

For those old enough to remember, think back to the days of a 4BBL carb that when the secondary's were opened creating a distinct (and welcome in my case) "sucking sound" from the increased air being drawn in.
  • Hey Mark (or anyone else who might know the answer):

Can't the dealership give me some kind of document showing that I have priority 10? I called the dealership earlier today and talked to the lady who placed my order. She seemed disgruntled when I asked if she could fax me the Vehicle Order Confirmation. She went on to say that my order has been placed with the plant. She also said that everyone is priority 99 until the order is with the plant, and that after the order is with the plant priority numbers don't matter. She asked me where I was getting my information.

She then said something about waiting a week and half to see if there are any changes to the order, and that after a week and a half she gets a VIN number. I asked if I could have my VIN number. She asked why. I said that I wanted to track the order with Ford. She said that if I needed any information I should deal with the dealership.

She compared my situation to standing in line. She said I'm behind others who have ordered, and that two other guys who ordered after me are behind me. This really shouldn't matter if the dealer has sufficient allocation, should it?

I really didn't care for her testy attitude. (She must not work off of commission.)

I'm wondering if the dealership is trying to hoodwink me. So I return to my original question. Can't the dealership provide evidence of my priority number?

If they can, and they won't, then I feel like cancelling my order and going elsewhere.
    Explain the situation to the sales MANAGER first and give him or her a shot to work with you. Tell them you understand priorities and you have friends who work for Ford who would like to help you track the order. If they still won't do it I'd walk away - they're trying to hide something.