Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Well....yes and no. I agree with you, that Ford should have paid. Design flaw though - probably not. An exceptional load for a drain to handle probably. As they said, only one other case. If 50% of them did this, then yes, design flaw. Like weep holes in doors and mufflers, they normally drain. Keeping leaves clear of windshield grates is usually a user maintenance item, like washing. But once anyway, I think Ford should have stepped up.

See, this is where most Manufacturers blow it. The car is still under warranty - and by not paying for this repair - they have pissed you off, probably irreparably. $400 to you now, with a disclaimer that they won't clean it free again, and you should keep the pine needles out of it, to some degree, or you pay next time, would have gone a long way toward keeping your satisfaction attitude on the positive side, and may have sold you another Ford, and kept you from badmouthing Ford to 1200 of your closest friends...... :confuse:
  • cccompsoncccompson Posts: 2,388
    You got ripped. Go back and scream. There's a TSB on the water leak issue - #07-14-6. The problem is almost always on the passenger side. This applies to 2005 through 2008 Mustangs and the online publication date of the TSB was 7/3/07.

The thing that is sad is that Ford gives four four possible causes in the TSB:

1) Loose grommets and/or sealer skips around the cowl area;

2) loose A-pillar window weather stripping retainer;

3) misaligned body harness grommet through the firewall; and/or

4) misaligned body harness grommet from the front passenger door.

Funny thing, mine nevers see rain or a car wash so I'll never know if it has this problem!
  • I've been having a real string of bad luck lately, first my '05 Chyrysler 300' motor seizes up, and now my Stang gets smashed up at the dealership.
    I went in for my first service with only 2200kms I've had my Mustang for 4 months. While the car was parked at the drive in doors waiting for someone to pull it in me and a few other guys were admiring the car when the garage door opens and one of their own service techs with an F-150 backs rite over the hood of my Stang. We all watched in shock as this happened........so now me the lucky guy that I am get to drive around in a Focus while the dealership i bought my brand new GT from fixes it after they crash into it. How nice eh!! :)
    A FOCUS???? I don't think so! I would DEMAND at least a "girlie Stang" (V-6) while they fix it...... :confuse:
  • I want a used '05 Mustang with a manual transmission. I've never owned a Mustang before. Any tips on buying such a vehicle?

It will be primarily a year-round work car to get to work and back. I don't know how many miles per day though because I'm in the middle of changing jobs and could end up working anywhere between 1 miles to 20 miles from home. I'm a registered nurse by education; about to graduate in a week or so.
  • macatowamacatowa Posts: 69
    I have an 06 GT with Manual Transmission and I am getting an average of 25 mpg,
    driving 50% highway and 50% urban and rural. It can be done if you drive the torque and upshift quickly, I'm in fifth by 35 mph and I use cruise alot. A 50 -55 mph cruise can deliver over 30 mpg!
  • gzgtpgzgtp Posts: 83
    " It can be done if you drive the torque and upshift quickly, I'm in fifth by 35 mph and I use cruise alot. A 50 -55 mph cruise can deliver over 30 mpg! "

Ummm, No Thanks and No.
  • bobcathbobcath Posts: 13
    If you are in the market for an '05 Mustang, make sure you look for a build date after April '05. It will be on a plate on the door jam.

Ford had problems initially but seemed to have worked out the kinks by then.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    Ford dealer also put a big dent in my Mustang!!! :mad:

Have an 05 GT Premium. Love the car completely (no longer even think of getting a Vette) :shades: , but the service has been atrocious. Seems like every time I take it in for maintenance, they scuff it up or scratch it. Once, they even put the wrong oil in it, at least according to the invoice. I bring 6 qts of my own Mobil One for oil changes; service guy comes over and tells me that it isn't enough!

Ford service dept. is a dirty cave, compared to Honda service, where you can eat off the floors, and the service is top notch. Last new Honda I bought, however, had more problems than the Mustang.
    Sounds like your dealer is especially ghetto - can you try another one? Is there one within reasonable distance, because the 4 Ford dealers here where I live are all much better than you are describing. One other possible alternative would be to take it to a Lincoln/Mercury dealer. They are almost always a cut above the Ford dealer in courtesy, competence and although the store may not be new and fancy, it's usually in decent shape. Try it, you may really like it. That is what I do, by the way.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Posts: 317
    After that last dent, will be doing just that, namely, going to another dealer, but will have to drive several more miles to get there.
  • mash2mash2 Posts: 1
    Im glad to have found you guys on here. Im in the process of being screwed by Ford on this one. I still have to contact Ford Canada, but beware. The leaks can possibly damage all the wiring and get in contact with the passanger side fusebox (as in my case). Ford wants to charge me 3100$ to repair all of the wiring and the fusebox and any related stuff. They have told me that my car is at high risk of catching fire it is so messed up, and this is all related to the water leak I am finding out. Now I have to get them to repair a problem that they were aware of and put me at risk of getting fried or catching fire. Not bad eh?

My warranty ended 5 months ago, and my extended warranty is useless ( i was unaware it was only for powertrain, they made it out to be an all out extension).

So be careful because it can cause bigger problems than just a soaked carpet. Get it fixed on their dime before its too late!
  • I don't want to take issue, but the SVT built GT 500 was the primary package Shelby worked on with Ford for this body style. His input was vital in the development of these cars. I would hate for anyone to imply that just because they didn't go to Vegas, they're not Shelby's. They carry his name and if you know anything about Carroll Shelby, he doesn't lend his name to projects willy-nilly.
  • Just purchased 2006 v6 mustang,torch red with white shelby stripes and 20 inch chrome wheels.So far after 1 week all ok but read so many forums on problems.Main fault seems to be paint quality,paint on inside of door handle literally peeling off and flaking on sills.Everything seems to be put together on cheap,uk ford cars seem much better standard but car just rocks on looks alone and needs large wheels that dont seem to impair handling. Long distance is sweet in this returning very respectable mpg.Choose v6 cos do alot of short journeys.
    Have read many blogs on filling gas tank but hey its simmple like so many other cars turn nozle around usually upside down and start first few gallon fill slow n steady then it should be a smooth fast fill.
    Anyone else suffered this paint problem ?
  • Totally agree.Just purchased v6 here in uk and drove back from where purchased at around steady 65 mph for 200miles and returned 33 mpg,it an auto too.Bought v6 as do lots of short journeys here in uk with fuel costs 7.50 dollars per gallon !!! Love the car but paint on its crap and would have v8 if fuel price came down !!
  • Anyone having paint problems.I have 06 mustang and paint peeling off on door handle like bannana skin,it crap,peeling down to metal and sills starting to flake,Are these hand painted or by machine ?
  • Sorry to hear of paint quality issues. Most 06's (including mine) have an issue with inside lip on the front of the hood with paint blisters. My paint (also Torch Red) is fine (but I live in West Palm Beach, FL with lots of sun). Maybe where the car was previously could give an answer.
  • Hi

New to this forum but thought somebody may be able to shed some light on my problem. I am from the UK and drive a 2005 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8. Everything has been fine with the car up until today. I have collected the children from school and came back to the car. I unlocked the doors with the remote and opened the drivers door. Both the driver and passenger doors then went down by themselves. No power to the vehicle at all was present. I never thought anything of it and started the vehicle and put the windows back up with no problems. I then decided to go to our local shops and when i stopped the car and opened one of the doors the same thing happened again. Both windows came down. I now find that I cannot leave the vehicle because as soon as I take the key out of the ignition and open a door both windows go down. I have tried to shut the doors, lean into the car, put the key in the ignition and remove (thus giving the car the 10 minutes of power before shut down) then closing the windows and locking the car, which works until the 10 minutes elapses and the windows come down and consequently the alarm starts to sound.

Not sure if it is relevant but we have had some pretty bad weather here recently (i.e. frost, ice and rain). Please could anyone help as I am stuck with a car on my drive that I am unable to lock or put the windows up!!!

Many Thanks

Nikki Turner
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    That bad weather might be affecting your electrical system. Not sure what you can do yourself to remedy it. One tip, though. You don't have to reach in with your key to put the windows up. Just put the key in the door lock after everyone's existed the vehicle then twist and hold in the "LOCK" position until the windows roll up.

Since you're in the UK, you might even be able to just hold the "LOCK" button on your keyfob to get the windows to go up. We don't get that feature in the States. :(
    Nobody's excited about the 2010 Mustang? Having seen it in person, I think it's a great progression from the '05-'09 Stang. The rear takes some getting used to, but it looks much better in person than in pictures. The interior is very nice!
    I still like the '05-'09 look better. I don't see a "great" progression.
    I'll stick with my '06 for a while.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,699
    I think the 2010 looks better in every dimension - inside and outside. If they'd just make a Boss 302 in Grabber Blue/black I'd have a hard time saying no.
    I don't see a "great" progression.

You will once you see it in person. I loved the look of my '05, but I still love the look of the new one, too. And you have to admit the interior is much nicer. The only thing I'd change is for it to still have the round vents in the center of the dash. They've also removed the center power outlet, so no more Push Button start mod (on the dash.) :cry:
    Saw it in person, still stand by my initial statement. Sorry. Different strokes for different folks. :)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,663
    They had a GT convertible and a Shelby GT500 Coupe on display at the NY Auto show. Personally I LOVE the new rear end of the car. I really dig the styling too. I swore off American cars a long time ago and the '10 Mustang GT is making me think otherwise. I'm a BMW nut, but the idea of a 325 lb-ft torque V8 is simply seductive. I'm still a long way away from buying a car as my '01 Honda Prelude Type SH has almost 110,000 miles on it and shows no signs of fading anytime soon.

Therein lies my biggest concern. How well will this car hold up over time? I'm not too worried about the engine or transmission, but how well are Mustangs screwed together? When I buy a car I plan to keep it for 10 years. I'm scared of domestic service departments too. I've always gotten a loaner car (I know this varies by dealer) from my Honda service dept (when I serviced it there for 6 years) and when I bring my wife's X3 in for service, they just blow me away with how accomodating they are.

Is there anyone out there in edmundsland that has a high mileage V8 Mustang with a stick?