Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• Many thanks!

I was really afraid that the seats would be a 'deal breaker'! Nice to know that we do have a chance to be comfortable!

Thanks again!
  • I'm about to buy a V6 with Pony Package. I'm not, however, crazy about the Pony Package grille, so I was hoping to replace it, preferably with the GT grille. I understand the GT grill is slightly larger then the V6, so it is not a simple swap out. Has anyone found a good way to replace the grille without having to modify the bumper cover or fender?
  • straystray Posts: 11
    When I first saw the Pony Pkg I liked the looks of the grille. The more I look at the brochure and pictures, while waiting for my V6 w/Pony Pkg to arrive, I tend to agree. I may want to change the look of the grille also.

I do believe the Pony Pkg is a very good deal. For only $1195 you get ABS, traction control, sport suspension, bigger wheels, and rear spoiler.
    I'm wondering if the limited-slip differential will be available on the V6. From what I've seen it is only available on the GT.
    Living in an area with hard winters the limited-slip differential would be benefitial in getting around in the snow.

Does anyone know if the limited-slip differential is or will be available for the V6?
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    I think the idea is that the traction-control added to the Pony Package should provide the benefits of a traditional limited-slip differential.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    My dealer put a GT grill with fog lights in a v6. cost was over $600.

Seeing the pony package in person, I like it. but thats my opinion.

It is kind of a retro flavor.

Rear seats is a generous name for a package self. hehe

Mark
    I was wondering about that. But with the limited-slip the drive train turns both rear wheels, I believe; thus providing better traction. When the first wheel spins the second wheel takes hold for better traction.

With traction-control isn't it more like single wheel drive?
    When it begins to spin the system just prevents the single wheel from spinning and does not active the drive to the other wheel.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,666
    It's very similar. When the TC engages the brake on the spinning wheel the effect is that torque is transferred to the other wheel. The difference is that with a LSD the one spinning wheel continues to spin. TC will also cut engine power if necessary to reduce wheelspin. Either will get you out of a situation where one rear wheel is spinning freely.
  • ohiocarguy, I would attribute decreased sales in part to the jump in gas prices. The V8 sucks up gas like a sponge. The V6's, on the other hand, are popping up all over the place.

As to availabilty of the GT Premium, it seems to have gone down even further. A local dealer puts every GT he gets out in front of his dealership. Today was the first time I saw one in over a month.

I, too, have seen a dealer in southern Calif. with a bunch of GT Premium Rousch's, sitting on the lot, collecting dust, as well they should: all they offer is a bunch of tasteless cosmetic add-ons that make the car look like a cheap hip-hop-daddy crack-dealer hotrod, no real improvement in performance or power. Also, Rousch takes the bottom grill off, exposing the radiator directly to the outside, not more than a foot off the road. Duh? How long before a rock flies up from the road to put a hole in the radiator?
  • I guess I couldn't have said it better myself about the "Rousch" version of the GT.......cheap, chincy looking cars that would appear in not the best of neighborhoods.
    ...IMO...the color "lime" falls into the same catagory...sorry to anyone out there with that color and air brush painting to boot!.......awfull!
  • "appear in not the best neighborhoods"

hmmm....

how do you define that, when the cars cost 30K? I dont want to get started on a non-mustang issue, but watch the racism, please.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Don't forget that those numbers include the previous generation Mustang, so the numbers for last year are a bit inflated.
  • Did not mean to bring these type of " political issues" into our conversations here...however, certainally many other vehicles that are "much" more valued vehicles than these cars that we are discussing here, could be applied?
  • Has anybody seen any pic's of the new Charcoal Aluminum Instrument Panel with ribbed pattern that is now available (option for the IUP)? I've only seen pic's of the Satin dash. If somebody could help me out that would be great.

I'll be ordering my car either Wed or Friday of this week.

Thanks
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Look for some interior pictures of the Shelby GT500. It has that trim.
  • Is that the same option package? If so, Great! I just got off the phone with Ford Corp. and they basically said your SOL they don't have a photo of the option and that I'd have to order it without seeing what it looked like. They guy said, it should be darker than the Satin though. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was hoping somebody had one or knew of a photo of it somewhere on the net.

I found this on the new Shelby "For visual contrast, the GT500 features satin-aluminum finished trim (rather than traditional chrome) and new "SVT Red" leather seat inserts and door-trim panels provide a marked contrast to the rest of the leather-trimmed cabin, creating a very special driving environment.
    " So I don't think it's the same as the 67D (Charcoal option) :cry:
    Here's a picture of the Shelby GT500 interior - I bet it's very similar if not exact.

• That picture makes me want to go for a drive.
  • Ford Motor Company in general, and local 'Blue Oval' dealers in specific just shot themselves in the foot - big time!

Thought we wanted the Mustang GT - wanted it a whole lot! But the dealers here think the car is worth $4,000 more than sticker price - no discounting, take it or leave it ... just pay four grand more as the price to drive such a great car!

Yes, I agree that it is a great car. And I really had no reason to look at the Charger or the GTO. But $4,000 is a lot of money!

Has anyone driven the GTO? Butt ugly! But handles really well and goes like a rocket!

And the Charger gives all sorts of 'creature comforts', Hemi engine and discounted pricing!

Ford - you just lost the 'better idea' race!
    If they're able to sell all the GTs they can order at $4K over invoice I don't see how they're shooting themselves in the foot. Besides, it's not Ford's fault - they can't control the dealer pricing. Blame the consumers who are either too stupid or too impatient to wait for a better deal.