Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

15,000-Mile Service - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Hyundai
image15,000-Mile Service - 2015 Hyundai Sonata Long-Term Road Test

It was time to rotate the tires and change the oil and various filters on our 2015 Hyundai Sonata, so we took it to a local dealer for its 15,000-mile check-up.

Read the full story here

Comments

• allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    It takes less than 5 minutes to change the cabin air filter which is right behind the glove box.
  • prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    It may be worth calling the dealership to complain about the labor cost for the cabin filter. They may agree the quoted rate is too high and offer a partial refund.
  • benson2175benson2175 Member Posts: 68
    Really Important Man in a Huyindai. LOL.
  • subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    "The service advisor that helped him deserved a medal, calling other Hyundai dealerships in the area to see if they could squeeze in Obviously Important Man and help him accomplish the obviously important things he needed to do that day."

LOL @ Obviously Important Man! Sounds like a great cartoon or sketch character!
  • barich1barich1 Member Posts: 143
    In addition to the mind-blowing price for the cabin air filter labor, also considering that they replaced your engine air filter 15k miles early and tried to sell you a worthless fuel additive, I'm not sure why you'd be making positive comments. Is having no problems other than being gouged really the best you can do?
  • dgcamerodgcamero Member Posts: 148
    barich1 said:

In addition to the mind-blowing price for the cabin air filter labor, also considering that they replaced your engine air filter 15k miles early and tried to sell you a worthless fuel additive, I'm not sure why you'd be making positive comments. Is having no problems other than being gouged really the best you can do?

To be fair, Hyundais have the most absurd service requirements of any recent vehicle I've read about. They do have fuel system treatments required / recommended if you don't use Top Tier gas. But that air filter replacement is a rip off! My VW dealer I think charged $15 total to replace my admittedly super simple to replace interior air filter, and my truly pain in the behind engine air filter, that requires pliers, screwdriver, pulling, cursing, pulling, cursing some more, before it finally lets go, and then has 8 more screws, pulling grommets off and putting them back on the engine cover / air filter holder...and holding your mouth right for it to go back into the correct place. Anyway, well worth the $15.