Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda B Series

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• JillianJillian Posts: 1
    I've been searching the net everywhere for any
    newsgroup or chat information on Mazda Trucks.

I can't seem to find anything. If there are any
    Mazda truck owners out there, I'd love to hear what
    you have to say about your truck. I'm a new owner
    myself.

Thanks!
  • jamestbsjamestbs Posts: 1
    The new Mazdas are just rebadged Fords! I have a 1992 Mazda B2200 (built by Mazda). Best truck ever made, is too bad they quit making them.
  • martinwmartinw Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 1990 Mazda B2200 Cab Plus LE-5 and are very satisfied with it.
  • pinnerpinner Posts: 3
    Hello Mazda owners. I have been doing some research on the 98 B2500 SE 2WM Ex-Cab. In about 10 days I think I may purchase one. Is there anyone w/ some info. regarding this truck, especially on the best price to offer.
    Jeff
    Hi. Jill. I am thinking about buying 1998 B2500 SE 2WD Ext-Cab. I would like more consumer info. about this truck. Have any ideas? If you do let me know. Do u like your truck??
    Jeff
  • novacainnovacain Posts: 3
    Does anyone know of any
    Mazda incentives or rebates that are currently
    being offered? I am very close to buying a B-3000.
    I really would like the new 4 door pick up but Mazda says that 4dr B-3000 won't be available until September. I can't wait that long!!!
    I think there is a 0.9% for 36 months; 1.9% for 48 months; and 2.9% for 60 months. Hope this helped. I would like to know exactly how much to pay for a 98' B2500 SE 2WD Ext-cab. Have any suggestions??
  • novacainnovacain Posts: 3
    pinner,
    Mazda was also offering a $1000-1500 rebate but that expired 6/30. I'm waiting to see if they are going to increase that offer for the new quarter.
    I've also talked to some
    new Mazda truck owners and people seem to be buying for $100-300 over invoice here in Tx. So you should be able to get a good deal. Good luck.
  • ross3ross3 Posts: 1
    I'm looking long and hard at a Mazda 1998 B2500 SE 2WD w/regular cab. Anyone out there own one and are you happy with it? Any nightmare stories out there? I really like the one I looked at and test drove. Any help appreciated...thanks.
  • kentroskentros Posts: 5
    I own a 90 Mazda B2600 Extra cab 2wd Auto since new
    with 95k miles.That 2.6l 4cyl Is the best 4 cyl engine ever offered in a compact truck-I'm
    sure it's way better than the Ford 2.5l in today's
    Mazda.And also,Not one thing has broken on the truck as of yet.To bad Mazda stopped importing them after 93.

Tom
  • colin2colin2 Posts: 2
    I currently own a B2500 SE extended cab. It is a much better truck than the 95' S-10 it replaces but I've had and still have some problems. In the 5000 miles on the road the clutch has been replaced as an attempt to stop drive train clunking and clanking noises. The new clutch resulted in chatter and it is going in for a second clutch replacement along with a pressure plate. There appears to be too much play in the transmission gears resulting in the clanking when letting off the accelerator. Additionally the power steering pump is VERY loud even when not turning the steering wheel. So far the dealer has not been able to fix the problems.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?
  • erumakererumaker Posts: 12
    Hubby and I bought a 1992 B2600i 4X4 auto with extended cab new in May 1992. What a fantastic truck! Decided to try to buy another one, used of course, and cannot find even one for sale in Southern California area! I think that pretty much says how good they are.

I will never buy a Ford Mazda truck. Sorry Mazda stopped making trucks. :(
  • grindlegrindle Posts: 4
    In about 2 hours I'm trading in my '88 Ranger 4x2 Supercab XLT for a '98 B4000SE 4x4 supercab loaded with everything. I bought the Mazda BECAUSE it was a Ford. I had great luck with my Ranger, except that it is rusting away underneath. I hope the new Mazda/Ford is as good as the old one. I will admit though, Mazda Japan does make good vehicles. I got invoice cost plus $1,500 rebate - in spite of no announced programs. (I wonder how they will pull that off?) Also got the Edmunds suggested price for my trade in! Boy, I'm having a great day. You older Mazda owners ought to look at the new ones, they've advanced quite a bit, and they're really good deals.
  • I have owned a '96 B3000 extended cab since it was new. It now has over 35k. I have had one small problem with an interior piece that was replaced under warranty. Other than that it has been flawless. I would recommend them highly.
  • wkdfwkdf Posts: 2
    I own a 97 B2300 that I purchased new. It now has
    17,000 miles on it and other than a couple of the
    most minor things (that I haven't even bothered
    to have fixed under warranty) it's been an
    excellent truck. A mirror was a little loose
    and the wiper switch missed a beat a couple of times.
  • For what its worth I have a '94 Mazda Rang...errrr....B2300 with 97,000 miles on it. Bought it brand new. Havn't taken the best care of it and have only spent $300 to replace the alternator at 85,000 mi. Been a great truck. Heading down this weekend to check into a B4000 X-cab 4x4.
  • rsvrsv Posts: 1
    I own a 98 B3000 4x4 with 4,000 miles. Since new,
    I've noticed that when I start off slowly with the
    clutch peddle fully out, there is minor slippage
    either in the rear or clutch.

Also, the spot body welds around the bed frame and
    door frames are rough and the paint (white) does
    not completely cover these welds. Ford pick-up's
    (built on the same assembly line) have smoother
    welds and better coverage of paint.

Any one else have the same problems and what was
    the solution?

Otherwise, been excellent. Nice ride, 21 miles
    per gallon, etc.
  • don53don53 Posts: 1
    I've owned a 1987 B2600 2WD since it was new. Has been an excellent truck for the last 11 years/167K miles. Unfortunately, when something bad happened a week ago (probably a main or connecting rod bearing)I found out that there are no new or rebuilt 2600 engines available. My engine was made by Mitsubishi. The only option is to rebuild what you've got and since it would take $800-$900 labor just to find out what's wrong it doesn't seem like the way to go. The estimated cost of rebuilding the engine is at least $2000. I'll probably get a 98 B4000 4WD X-cab. In general, I've been very satisfied with Mazda trucks but it was disappointing to find out there wasn't much I could do for my old friend of the last 11 years.
  • lonnylonny Posts: 1
    We are considering purchasing a B4000 2WD. I cannot figure out if we should be able to negotiate the price based on the 1500$ cash back to the buyer, 2.9% financing and the 2000$ dealer only rebate. Am I dreaming, or have I misunderstood what limited information I have read?
  • tkinpatkinpa Posts: 19
    Lonny,
    You might want to post your most excellent question in the Smart Shopper conference for CarMan to respond. He is all knowing and omnipotent...at least as far as rebates go.
  • kip3kip3 Posts: 20
    lonny, a dealer here in Atlanta area,Hennesy Mazda offered to sell me a totaly loaded B4000 at approx 15% off msrp. Thats about 3% under invoice. In real numbers a $22385 truck for $19027. Then he threw in the $1500 rebate which lowered the price to $17572.He said they are getting some money from Mazda which enables them to sell under invoice and the $1500 rebate is a nation wide thing. kip
  • kip3,

I think you did pretty well. The truck I tried to buy this weekend must have had the same equipment, ie. same MSRP of 22,385. Best I could get was $22,200. Incentive runs out tonight. Guess he still has the truck.
  • anybody out there with a 1986 mazda b 2000. i would like to chat about the truck
  • C13C13 Posts: 390
    I'd like to take issue with those who complain that the recent vintage B series is 'merely' a rebadged Ford.

Ford's pickups are their best-selling vehicles, and arguably their best-made. The current Ranger is an good truck. The changes that Mazda makes to it make it superior, in my opinion.

For one thing, they box in the front frame rails. This makes the chassis more rigid, resulting in better handling. It also makes the truck more resistant to damage. Check the NHTSA crash test results of the Ford and Mazda. Mazda does better.

The other main difference is cosmetic. Ford puts a huge plastic molding on the nose of its truck. You may like it. I don't. Mazda styling looks right to me.

Of course now that I sell GMC trucks, I'm pleased to be able to offer my customers 4-wheel discs (vented on some models), 4-wheel ABS, the stiffest chassis of any truck, a wide range of V8's, towing up to 5 tons, etc.
    I apologize for the preceding commercial. Just sort of went nuts. I'll try to control myself.
  • The ranger has boxed frame rails too. Made an advertising splash a couple of years ago about it.
  • I'm hoping someone can suggest a cure for a puzzling problem. My 91 B2200's idiot light comes on and says ABS is not working. Dealer says nothing found, they say take it to Midas for a free brake inspection. Does anyone have any ideas about what this might be? I don't want to be a sheep for Midas to shear when I take it.

Truck drives great, is at 130k miles and has been rigged for towing a light trailer. This started after the trailer hitch etc was installed. Of course it never does this when at the dealer. I would appreciate any input! Thanks :)
    Really!

If this is true, then I stand corrected.

Mazda made a big deal about stiffening the Ford chassis.
  • I went to midas for a break inspection, they said I had bad break fluid and they had to replace all the rubber in the breaks. They never checked the pads. I took it somewhere else, they checked the brakes and replaced the rear pads. Still working good a year later.
  • Just bought a 98 B2500 extended cab with the power package. My observations after the first weekend. So far so good, quiet, smooth especially on the highway. nice gearing makes for low highway rpms( Approx 2100 at 60mph). Rock solid cruise control, decent tunes. Clutch smooth as is transmission. Build quality seems good.
    Only real grip, the climate control system. I would like a system which offers the driver the ability to 1. shut off the fan 2. activate ac compressor in any mode at the driver's descretion. The Mazda has only 2 settings where the ac does not come on automatically. Could very much simplify system by leaving settings to the right of off and simply having an ac button. Hate ac automatically with defrost. Prefer it being left up to me.