Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Good Sidewall Helps Make a Smooth Ride - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2015 in Acura
imageGood Sidewall Helps Make a Smooth Ride - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

There may be cars in our long-term fleet that handle better, but our 2015 Acura TLX is one of the most comfortable on the highway.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    I upgraded my 325i from 225/45-17 to 205/55-16. I also upgraded my 550i from 275/30-19 to 225/50-17. Both cars drive vastly better, with far better handling, steering and ride quality. In my opinion, large low profile tires are lunacy.
  • willin58willin58 Member Posts: 38
    They fit these things w/ GY LS2s? That's completely inexcusable, I'm not sure they could with a worse tire.
  • nedmundonedmundo Member Posts: 33
    Yes, Acura doesn't provide the best stock tires, which doesn't help them in road test reviews. This is a shame, because the TLX has excellent suspension tuning for a smooth ride and composed handling. It isn't a hard-core sport sedan, but it's extremely stable.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    The I4 cars, though, in addition to less attractive wheels, have 225/55R17s which look a little like an economy mid-sizer from the side (the Hyundai Sonata starts out with 65-series 16s, which appear almost 80s-like). I am surprised that the V6 does not have wider, or the I4 narrower, tires.