Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• hawk1eyehawk1eye Posts: 61
    Tee, thanks for the info. I think I may wait and order one to be delivered right away. I was going to have to order a 05 anyway so it will only be 3 months longer to wait. Thanks alot. Hawkeye
  • dcalliesdcallies Posts: 33
    I'm getting the JBL Synthesis AM/FM Cassette/6-disc in-dash CD changer, 360 watts maximum output with 12 speakers including subwoofer, Radio Data System (RDS), on my new xls.

Does it play mp3 files?
  • douglas1douglas1 Posts: 130
    I don't know what kind of gas, it was the first full tank provided by the dealer. 100% around town driving, no highway at all. I opted for the 89 octane when I filled it. Getting over 25% better milage than my 01 XLS I can almost justify my Limited on economy grounds with the price of gas over $2 a gallon now.
  • mikerochmikeroch Posts: 69
    Great idea Ron!!!

I have posted to the new discussion a somewhat "lengthy" list of my wife's and my opnions on the two.....any comments welcome.

Mikeroch.
  • teereevesteereeves Posts: 69
    See my post #3162.

Tee
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    justme, the Desert sand is shown in the colors tab. Also for those of you that are confused about the interior colors LB16 is the graphite. If you go ahead and configure your vehicle in the build you own section and go through all the steps up to "your vehicle" then select "print this page" it will show the exterior color and the interior color as a code, for example: INDIGO INK/GRAPHITE will show as 08P4/LB16 on a Limited, on an XLS it will show 08P4/LA16 as the LB designates perforated leather, LA regular leather. LE18 is charcoal leather on the Touring model. LA02 is Ivory leather LBO2 is perforated leather. I don't have the light gray as I mentioned before our distributor is not ordering any cars with the light gray. I would suspect it's probably LA11 and LB11. Hope this helps.
    : )
    Mackabee
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    The light gray code is LB17 and LA17 for perforated leather and regular leather.
    : )
    Mackabee
  • lamikellamikel Posts: 19
    I think they are 235/35/20 The rims are Ice Metal- IM888-20. Ill take a pic of the car, but i dont know how to post on here
  • cherie1cherie1 Posts: 16
    Thanks so much for your advice. I know that I need to stay strong and walk away if they try to pressure me to much (the little old lady thing??). I am trying to get all my ducks in the right row though. Thanks to people on the internet. It really helps. It sounds like if I find a dealer that will sell me the base model of the Avalon Limited for about $2,000-$2,200 less than MSRP that would be a fair deal?? Plus tax and lic.fee. Is there a better time to try and get a good deal? Like Aug. or winter? Where exactly can a dealer take off some of the cost on their side? Thanks again...Cherie1
  • barclay3barclay3 Posts: 90
    Why was Lexus GS a 2006 and the Avalon a 2005?

Is the 2005 Avalon a beta and the MSRP was set artificially low to get buyers (most of us think the car is a great value)? Why such a short production run on the 2005? Is it a test run basically to get stats on buying trends, peoples likes and dislikes, and manufacturing problems and then retool and come out with a better product for 2006? I have a gut feeling that the 2006 will be more expensive (more than the normal yearly increase because it will be in demand and better), offer more interior color options and more of the options on the Limited will be available on the other models (and maybe make the sunroof optional). I have no idea how much can be changed between model years.

I'm just throwing out thoughts (not facts) for others to comment. Being a programmer I don't know too much about this stuff.
  • 3puttmax3puttmax Posts: 119
    Mackabee, dajab & others -

Thanks for the info on the leather interior code numbers. Finally got that straight. Now only question is how to specify dark or light wood trim. I assume Graphite leather comes with dark wood only, but according to an earlier post, the Light Gray leather may come with either dark or light wood? Or is that not true? How do you specify exactly what you want?

Max
    Curious to hear what people think of the CTS Cad compared to the 2005 Avalon? I am worried about the American made CTS holding up compared to the Toyotas or Hondas.
  • just__mejust__me Posts: 508
    Barclay, I did mention in an earlier post that if the sales are what Toyota expects and even more so, we might see a $500 increase for the 06, JMHO. I feel the current price MSRP was excellent value, and maybe your right, they are testing the waters. The car I really believe is in it's own class. I remember what happened to the price of the first Lexus after it was introduced. Ronn, I just applied Shiny Black bumper guards to my bumpers front and rear on my Desert Sand Mica XLS Avalon, and it looks beautiful besides acting as a protector to the bumper. The contrast is startling. A couple of neighbors came over and gave positive feed back. One has an Infinity and wants to know where he can order them. For under 18 bucks plus shipping, they are worth it. Now the test will be can the 3M adhesive hold up, the store site said yes, so time will tell. I wish I had a digital to post a picture here so I can show it. I'm going to show it to the parts Department when I go in for service at my Savannah Toyota Dealer. I would recommend they have them in stock. It actually adds a little class to the car.
  • buckwheatbuckwheat Posts: 396
    I don't know what luxury cars you refer to, but for the record no Toyota badged sedan is in the luxury class, you have to go to Toyota's Lexus Division to begin at the "luxury entry level", and then moving up to "luxury models".

This is not to say that the Avalon is not luxurious to their owners.
    I need help!! I just got a dealer quote over the internet (shocked at that) His price on a Limited with dynamic cruise?, vehicle stability?, rear spoiler amd floor mats for $33,988 + fees. I don't think I need dynamic cruise whatever that is or stability but is it worth it to get and is this a fair price? It seems a little high to me so I could use some more advice from you nice folks. He said the sticker price is $36k. I asked for a base model Limited Avalon 3.5L 6cyl 5A. Thanks for you help.
  • risaricrisaric Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard anything about an Avalon hybrid, and when one may become available? It's a shame they aren't offering one this year. I just saw on edmund's the Lexus RX 400h which will be available in April. They have just announced an MSRP of $48,535 for it. I've wanted an Avalon for years. This is the year---but a hybrid would be THE BEST!!
  • barclay3barclay3 Posts: 90
    I remember when the Lexus first came out too and it was reasonably priced and then the price took off.

I think Toyota may be doing the same with the new Avalon. It is getting excellent reviews for an excellent car and then Toyota will jack up the price because people will be willing to pay especially after Consumer Reports review it.
  • Thanks to all re this problem. I noticed this in my car. Solved it by moving the shoulder anchor closer to the top, as suggested by someone in this forum.
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Posts: 248
    When does Consumer Reports review the 2005 Avalon?
  • buckwheatbuckwheat Posts: 396
    In comparing these two cars you have to keep in mind you are talking about two different types of drivetrain setups. The CTS is rear wheel drive while the Avalon is front wheel drive so handling will have distinctive differences.

I can't really address quality issues between the American Made CTS and the American made Avalon with 75% of the Avalon's components made in the USA and the car assembled in Kentucky even though Toyota's parent is in Japan.
    I don't know the component breakdown on the CTS.