Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• mikes.mikes. Posts: 335
    "HI RONN. EVERYONE KUDO'S AGAIN. by just me Mar 30, 2005 (9:06 am)
    YES, YES YES RONN, ANOTHER WONDERFUL WRITE UP FOR OUR AVALON. OPEN THIS LINK.
    http://www.motorpoint.com.au/toyotaavalon.asp

To add weight to our argument that the Avalon is really a Lexus take a look at these figures that compare it with similarly priced Lexus ES. The Accord has 55 more horsepower, more torque, has a larger engine and yet is still more fuel efficient, has a rear seat that can adjusted, has more room everywhere, weighs nearly the same, and has a longer fuel mileage rating. Whereas the previous Avalon felt like a large Camry, this Avalon feels like a Lexus LS which costs over twenty thousand more."

A typo? The Accord has...???

MikeS.
    I had DVD headrests installed on 3/30 in my Limited. It was pricy but about 500 cheaper then what the dealer wanted. While the audio shop had the car I had them add a power point ( cig lighter) to the lower back side of the console that is always hot. You can barely see it, it is where the rear face slopes towards the floor. They also tapped into the light circuit above the rearview mirror and ran the wire for my radar detector. No more power cord stretched from the console to the detector.

I don't think that the new Avalon has enough power points and I'm not in love with where they are at. I like a always hot one for recharging my cell phones.

I'm going to take pictures tomorrow and will post a link here.

MikeS.
    I've now located a place in Pa. that will order a new emblem set for the car and do a "hot tank gold dip" They strip off the chrome from an OEM factory bought emblem set, then put it in a tank, electrify that and gold plate the emblems. Evidently even plastic emblems have a nickel coating then the chrome. Remove the chrome and the gold then adheres to the nickel. 100% guaranteed and the company has been around for years.

I think that gold emblems will look great on the darker colors like black and indigo ink.

Host Pat; Can I post a link here to that company?

MikeS.
  • agentagent Posts: 56
    I'm a little surprised that nobody commented on the "younger" crowds interpretation on the meaning of Avalon. Oh well.
    Good memory Analyticangel. I've had my current car on the market for a little over a week now and am just waiting for it to sell before I buy my new Avalon. My dealer is great and works with me on every turn. Toyota of Elizabeth City. They guarantee the engine for 300,000 miles and the tires are for life. I will be getting the Touring model. I tossed and turned over the dark graphite interior and finally decided that if limousines are dark inside, then that's good enough for me.
  • Good luck on selling your car and the Touring is a great model......I sincerely hope it works out for you.
    Not to confuse you BUT........my understanding is that the Touring seats are called Charcoal and are the dark seats the Graphite is a medium gray darker than the the Light Gray but definitely lighter than the Charcoal of the Touring !
    Have a good one!
  • agentagent Posts: 56
    Yup... my mistake. I've got an information overload. lol Charcoal it is. Thanks for well wishes. I can't wait!! It's funny: after my first test drive of an Avalon, I haven't even considered the option of any other vehicle out there. I'm in love.
  • just__mejust__me Posts: 508
    Mike, Yes its a typo. I saw that after reading the article the other day but didn't mention it because it was an obvious error since its all about the Avalon. This was posted yesterday from two sources, one from Canada. The gold package will look nice on your car. I'm leaving now for the tinting of my windows and my first oil change for 1,000 miles, so I'm a crazy in love with my car as well. What a great car this Avalon is, I have never treated a car with such kid gloves as this one and staying far behind others so not to get the road chips on my hood or bumper, well trying to void those chips. Have a great day my friends.
  • As I said before, only squeek or rattle in my 05 Avalon comes from the soda can my wife puts in the cup holder. Great car!!
  • clipper1clipper1 Posts: 70
    Want to bet?

I'll bet anyone on this board, the Avalon '06 will be in the showrooms, prior to October.
  • Long ago, Packard didn't advertise too much either. The simple statement made by the Packard CEO was: "Ask the man who owns one". This statement can go for the 05 Avalon as well.
  • clipper1clipper1 Posts: 70
    Nope:

Avalon:

Mystic Isle.... Where King Arthur went to heal.

Avalon: Where Excaliber was forged.

Avalon: Home for retired Gods.

Avalon: Place of the "Holy Grail"

Avalon: ACeltic 'Otherworld.'
  • tinatinatinatina Posts: 388
    Thanks for the information Mack. I have sent emails to several dealers regarding the avalon, but I have not yet heard anything.
  • ronnronn Posts: 398
    JUST ME...Great luck today with the tinted glass and oil change. I'm glad you're having it done today, and not April Fools Day on Friday. I wouldn't want you to be fooled in any way!
    Yes, I try to watch those road chips as well. It hurts if you get one. So far, so good!
    Enjoy your day and keep loving this great car. You better watch though, you want to give your wife the same attention as the Avalon !!
    RONN
    YES This car is great for all the above on your post clipper!!!
    We could do healing in the car, it could be a great car for a God-like individual, and you can live in "anotherworld" driving it. Three out of the five work great !!! Not sure about the excaliber being forged or the Holy Grail being part of car. LOL- have a great day!
  • cc12wittcc12witt Posts: 8
    I must say that I am really disappointed in the mostly unimaginative colors chosen for such a quality automobile....Is Mr. Magoo in charge of all that? Black and white, like poverty and politicians, will be with us always, but TWO shades of gray?? Give me a break! If the people in charge were really smart, they'd hire the folks from the Ford paint department, and then we'd have some really beautiful choices!
    Don't get me wrong, though....I still believe that F O R D is an acronym for "Found On Road Dead!"
    I do agree that they need more choices..I heard that bright yellow was making a big come back..saw a new Mustang in that color. Bright yellow Avalon?
  • bushkabushka Posts: 19
    I think the color choices should be greater, although the limited choices available are not bad ... just not as elegant as the car itself. I was just thinking about how expanding color choices, trim levels, etc must be a real "inventory management" challenge for dealers. Think about it. There are now FOUR trim levels of the new Avalon. Plus ... Toyota now offers so MANY different vehicles, each in multiple trim levels: Cars, Trucks, SUVs and a couple of convertibles! I'm amazed at how the Toyota line has expanded.

In terms of the Avalon name: I remember reading in another forum that "Avalon" also has some roots in Japanese culture, so maybe there's something to that aspect. At any rate, it's an excellent name for a fine car. I prefer names like Avalon to the "letters & numbers" approach that Lexus, Mercedes and some others use so broadly. I've often thought that Acura made a big mistake by dropping the Legend name ... and another mistake by calling another car the Vigor.

Just a few rambling thoughts. Enjoy your day! Bushka
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    I don't see why not - the rules for link posting are defined in the Rules of the Road (link at the top of the page). As long as it doesn't go against those - it sounds like it doesn't - it's fine.
    Bushka... I do agree. I think it is great that Toyota has made so many choices with the Avalon. Something for everyone. I am very happy with my Black Limited eventhough it is a challange to keep clean. It's worth it to me though.I also like the fact that they dont use the" Letters& numbers" approach. It is cool that the name Avalon has some Japanese roots as well. Great!!
    "Don't get me wrong, though....I still believe that F O R D is an acronym for "Found On Road Dead!""

I thought it was Fix Or Repair Daily...

MikeS.