Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• twright2twright2 Posts: 2
    I purchased my 2005 Avalon XLS (9 miles) on Sunday, May 30, I took it back because of a strong vibration when driving on winding, slightly hilly roads. The steering wheel would actually shake and my clients felt it from their seats. The service dept. now tells me that they cannot help me unless they are able to duplicate the problem.
    I experienced this problem four times in four days, (385 miles). I do not plan to take the vehicle back, unless it is repaired.
  • 1violinist1violinist Posts: 338
    All you have to do is press the "Engine" button twice: the first press will shut the engine off, the second will get into "accessories" mode.
  • oldjackoldjack Posts: 7
    Havalongavalon-

Thanks for your prompt reply to my question concerning the wiring code. I was looking at the wires for the rear turn signals rather than the backup lights,
    Now that I've got that straight, How did you access the backup light wires? I removed the fasteners for the trunk lid liner, but I cant pull it back far enough to reach the backup light fixture. I can see the wires running into the hinge arm, but I can't get to the wires at the light fixture.

oldjack
  • donb1donb1 Posts: 47
    I was out driving a Limited today and turned on the Naviagation Screen. It seemed to be fairly easy to read and understand. When I switched the display to Audio I got a message on the screen that said something to the effect that in the interest of safety there would be no message displayed when the car was in motion. Has anyone seen this?? If so can it be changed? I am going to be ordering the Sirius Radio and I like being able to look at the screen and seeing what song is playing on the oldies station.

Thanks
  • spaz1spaz1 Posts: 2
    HAS ANYONE HAD THEIR WINDOWS TINTED? IF SO.... IS THE TINT CUT AROUND THE INSIDE 3RD BRAKE LIGHT OR OVER IT. HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE LIGHT?
  • mikes.mikes. Posts: 335
    "Hi, I've read the manual for my limited, but I still can't figure out how to turn of the engine while leaving the accessories on. Can some1 help? thanks."

Really don't think that you can. You have to kill the engine and then hit the start button with your foot OFF the brake pedal to get the ACC on ON functions to work.

MikeS.
  • swardsward Posts: 20
    RE: "All my previous cars have had the regular ignition key, but my Limited has the smart-key feature. How can I listen to the radio without starting the car? The owner's manual seems to be lacking in this area."

Hey lakedog,

Just press the start button once with your foot off the brake, and you will be in the "accessory" mode, and you can listen to the radio. A second press will enter "ignition on" mode, just like the position in a keyed ignition switch before a car starts. If you have your foot on the brake, the car will start on the first press of the button. This is all covered in detain in the manual. It works like a charm!

sward ;)
  • lakedoglakedog Posts: 15
    Thanks to all of you who provided answers to my question, this forum works great!
  • soulmastersoulmaster Posts: 12
    Has anyone added wheels,woodkits or widgets to their 05' Avalons to individualize the look. I have added 19" black wheels with a polished lip as well as tint to my black Touring. If you have made some modifications please post.
  • just__mejust__me Posts: 508
    SPAZ1, my windows are tinted by professionals. Right from the start they told me they can't remove this brake light like on my 04. They just tinted around it, and that's all you need. Good luck.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    Car and Driver just did a 6-car comparison test for family touring sedans in their July 2005 issue. It bodes well for the Avalon, it came it first place beating out the Chrysler 300, Nissan Maxima, Ford 500, Buick Lacrosse, and Kia Amanti.

What I like most of all is that it was the fastest out of the bunch, 0-60 in 6 seconds flat and it also got the best gas mileage!! BTW, the Chrysler was the 300 with the 3.5L V6, not the Hemi.
  • Ok, just do it and if it does drift to the right lane after 5-8 secs, then I will rest my case.

I will take the crown as the cause of it and move on with my life.
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    from the spy shots I have seen, the 2007 Camry (coming out in Feb 2006) will have many similarities to the Avalon. It will be build on the same platform as the Avalon. I sure hope it doesn't look too much like the Avalon, or the Av will lose its uniqueness.
  • y_althaniy_althani Posts: 19
    hi bro how r u?

did u order ur new avy or just u got it from the dealrship? which coulor?& how much did it cost u?

for the LED indicators I think they r not available here in bahrain :( & the pud lights only works when u approch the car when its switched off!!

Yousif ;)
  • avalonbobavalonbob Posts: 35
    Ok, just do it and if it does drift to the right lane after 5-8 secs, then I will rest my case.

The other day, I was on a fairly level stretch of highway and I did this several times. I was driving 75 MPH and I took my hands off the wheel for several seconds and didn't detect any drift. Eventually, after probably 6 to 10 seconds, sometimes the car would end up closer to the next lane to the right OR the left with no noticeable preference. This is not "drift"...this was caused by changes in road slope, bumps, etc. There was a little bit of traffic, so I couldn't take my hands off of the wheel for any longer than that. I could easily drive at this speed with one finger on the wheel.

If your car always drifts to the right, no matter which lane you are in, I would say that this is an issue.
  • dajabdajab Posts: 35
    Hi, all. Here's another solution that I haven't seen mentioned yet. evancds' original question was, "...I still can't figure out how to turn off the engine while leaving the accessories on...". I don't think that this specific question has been answered. You can turn the engine off and then turn on the accessories, but how do you go directly to the Accessory mode from a running engine?

The answer is as follows: put the transmission in Neutral (not Park), turn off the engine, and voila --- the car is now in Accessory mode. (DON'T FORGET TO MOVE THE SHIFT LEVER TO PARK AFTERWARD! The car will stay in Accessory mode even after you shift to Park.)

I must admit that I discovered this by accident, and can't find it documented in the manual --- probably because of the warning above.

- dajab
  • hala bro ,

yes i ordered my limited white pearl and its still in the way 1 month left :(
    i just paid deposite but i had discount from 11800 to 11200 :D

damn sucha bad news ive always loved the led turn indicators damn wondering if they are avalible in KSA i would pick them instintaly :( also the rear wing fromm the touring model that i want :(

any idea bro where to find these ?

ali
  • dajabdajab Posts: 35
    donb1 wrote: "When I switched the display to Audio I got a message on the screen that said something to the effect that in the interest of safety there would be no message displayed when the car was in motion. Has anyone seen this?? If so can it be changed? I am going to be ordering the Sirius Radio and I like being able to look at the screen and seeing what song is playing on the oldies station."

I've also seen this message, but as far as I can tell, it is simply bogus filler. A better option would have been to show "No Messages Available to Display" or something to that effect. I have the XM radio option, and all the proper song title, artist, etc. are displayed (save for the unfortunate 10-character cutoff limit). I don't know about Sirius, of course, but I would think that it would behave the same way.

- dajab
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    There are some similarities to the 05 Avalon and the Lexus IS! There's some fuzzy pictures at www.thehollywoodextra.com These were shown to dealers at the latest dealer group meeting. Looks really nice IMHO!
    :shades:
    Mackabee