Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• I have not seen this done, but that's what the owner's manual says.
  • sandydee1sandydee1 Posts: 23
    I would also like foldable mirrors. In the last few months, I busted my driver's side mirror in my 2003 Avalon and my son busted his passenger side mirror in his 2001 Camry. The repair cost was around $330 for the Avalon and $280 for the Camry. When I related the story to my brother, he said Welcome to the Club!. Within one year, he busted his driver's side mirror in his 1996 Avalon, had it replaced, his son then busted the new driver's side mirror, and again had it replaced. Now my husband's Durango has foldable mirrors so he has not had the busted mirror problem!
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    You're welcome tinatina. No fold down seats or fold in mirrors though. Have you considered a Camry instead? No fold in mirrors but you would get the fold down seats. Sorry I'm starting to sound like a salesperson again! Sold my first car today at my new store! And you would not believe what it was! No not an Avalon, a Scion xB! And the way it happened was a classic Mackabee story; so here it goes:
    I had just received an internet lead request for a Blue Onyx xB which we don't have in stock but had a Black cherry pearl. As I started to reply to the inquiry in words to that effect the phone rang. I picked it up and answered in my usual manner: "Thank you for calling xyz Toyota, this is Mackabee how may I help you?" person on the other line: "Hi, my name is John Smith. I was wondering if you have a Black cherry pearl xB on the lot" he says. So I start thinking to myself, "This is definitely a good omen." so I reply "You are not going to believe this but I was just replying to an e-mail about the Black cherry pearl xb we have on the lot. Are you looking for an automatic?" So he replies with excitement: "You have an automatic??!!" I've been looking for the Black cherry pearl for months now!" My wife and I will be over in 15 minutes" he exclaims. "John, before you hang up, do you have a pen or pencil ready? Good, please write down my name so you can ask for me when you come in. It's spelled M a c k a b e e. John while I have you on the phone let me get your first and last name and the number you are calling from." he gives me this information and I also ask for the zip code of his city and then we hang up the phones. I input his information in our customer base and wait for them to arrive. Fifteen minutes later I'm doing a product presentation and walk around and going on a test drive. 30 minutes later we are talking like we were old friends and we write up the paperwork. It was like I had never stopped doing this! So anyway to get back on topic, the 2006 Avalon will remain unchanged. Looks like Toyota will be going down this path with the Camry also. The 2006 will be here in August and there are strong rumors which I will confirm later that the 2007 will be out in January or February of next calendar year. Here we go again!
    :blush:
    Mackabee
  • gbinplanogbinplano Posts: 65
    My wife and I, and two friends, just returned from spending four days in Houston. We drove from NASA Clearlake to Plano - 295 miles. We started from Clearlake with 1230 miles on the odometer, four full-sized adults and a trunkload of luggage, BlueStreak provided 27.2 mpg at 72 mph in 98 degree heat (cooled to 72 inside) with the laser guiding the cruise control most of the way. We had two drivers, varying traffic conditions and no hesitation, drifting, road or wind noise. It was the most relaxing road trip I have experienced.

Greg
    Sandydee, looks like this runs in the family! :blush: Maybe driving lessons? LoL! Just kidding!
    Mackabee
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Posts: 1,116
    My 2000 300M did not have the folding mirrors. The next year they added them.

I broke my passenger mirror but it broke in a way that I was able to epoxy it back on. It stayed that way for over 2 years when finally I hit it again and it broke in pieces this time. I bought a used one from someone who upgraded to the folding mirrors. With instructions from a fellow M owner, I was able to take apart the door panel and install the used mirror myself,. Total time-about an hour. Cost : $65. It pays to be handy.

Sure hope the Avalon eventually uses the folding mirrors. One possible reason that they don't is that the mirror housing is very large due to the heater, dimmer, and remote control. Even if they tilted in, you probably would gain only a half to one inch of space.
  • lakedoglakedog Posts: 15
    My gas mileage is getting WORSE! My last tank, 89 octane, in town, stop and go with A/C on, 15 mpg! WHAT'S HAPPENING? BTW, I only have 2500 miles on my LTD. :(
  • Do you think the '07 Avalon might get the new GS' 6spd. auto. transmission? It might clear up some of the current 5spd.'s problems.
  • prigglypriggly Posts: 642
    Does anyone know where the nine speakers are located in the Touring model?

Thanks.
  • toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    1 - Center of Dash over radio
    2,3 - A pillars at corner of dash
    4,5 - Driver and passenger doors near front bottom
    6,7 - Rear doors near hinge at bottom
    8,9 - Rear deck lid

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • Yes. Like johni said, everything needed is inside the trunk. Access to the reverse lights wiring is near the top corner of the trunk lid, near the hinge.

havalongavalon
  • eljefe1eljefe1 Posts: 12
    I thought at first I was just sloppy, but I've noticed that also...I'll have my dealer check it out when Iget serviced
  • tinatinatinatina Posts: 388
    Thanks again. I would not buy the current model Camry. I would probably wait until the 2007s, but I really like the styling of the Avalon.
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Posts: 104
    Hi alan s.
    Consider yourself lucky, as we avalon owners here in Canada have to pay toyota's access pricing, which is full list price. They won't drop the price by a dime. It amounts to price fixing here but Toyota gets away with it. Most of the honda / acura dealers also don't discount. I will say that compared to some other manufacturers, Toyota automobiles do represent good value. The best we can do is get a better trade in for our old car, or ask for a free oil change. I think I'll buy my next car in the USA.
    Take care
    gladiator99.
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    If you want to save money then the best thing to do his buy the car toward the end of the MY( model year) right before the subsequent MY cars are released ( that would be right about now ). Our local dealers are advertising 05 Avalon for $1200 OFF MSRP. Nothing great but not too bad either.
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    The all new redesigned 07 Camry is coming out next Spring ( probably around March 06 ). It might be worth the wait since the V6 version will get the same powertrain as the Avalon (albeit with maybe 20 to 30 less HP). The price should be a lot less than the Avy.
    The pictures I've seen of the new Camry redesign look a lot like the new Avalon. Some family cues so to speak. I still don't foresee folding mirrors.
    :)
    Mackabee
  • toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    I would agree. For the most part, Toyota has only had the folding mirrors on CARS that have been imported as it allows them to pack them tighter for shipping. Trucks and SUV's have pretty much had them for their larger size. But I don't anticipate folding mirrors on the next gen. Camry either.

Ken
  • 1violinist1violinist Posts: 338
    Do the new Camry pics look anything like the Japanese Mark X? I certainly hope so:

Mark X
  • prigglypriggly Posts: 642
    Yes, and not only is the price fixed but the car is de-contented. In the Canadian market there is NO availability of Smart Key with pushbutton start, Dynamic Laser Cruise Control, power rear sunshade, ventilated seats, power driver's seat cushion extension, and driver's seat and outside mirrors memory systems.

If potential buyers when informed there would be no discounts from MSRP walked out of the dealerships without buying the cars, then this hard-nosed pricing crap would change. But no, the passive Canadian consumer sheeple just go ahead and pony up for the "privilege" of buying the nice, shiny, de-contented Tyoty. Pathetic. Toyota Canada must laugh all the way to the bank.

:mad: