Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• rwb2rwb2 Posts: 85
    My son had a problem with his cat in his Honda Prelude when he left his moonroof open. The cat opened the gargarge door and set off the emergency flashers. The cops called woke him up at 3 in the morning, thinking a stupid criminal was trying to steal his car. Maybe you've got critters in your garage. My wipers did their thing 3 times (one swipe) yesterday on a day without a cloud in the sky.On the bright side, it was a 200 trip and I got 30.6 mpg doing mostly 73 mph using regular gas. :shades:
  • paulexpaulex Posts: 16
    Thanks buck11.

I agree. I am happy with the deal. I just like to know comparatively what is happening with the pricing these days. My XLS is supposed to be here between 8/8 - 8/15. it only went to Freight status on Monda 8/1 so I am not sure it will make it this week. I am trying to remain hopeful - I can barely hold back my excitement. I am 34 and haven't quite learned the art of being patient. ;)

Paulex
  • The coupon booklet is a Toyota product. It has coupons for things like tire rotation, oil changes, rental vehicles and such. It's a great money-saver if you plan on servicing your vehicle at Toyota. I also received one when I purchased my wife's Sequoia last year. The XM certificate was a promotion that Toyota and XM were running at the time I purchased by Avalon. I'm pretty sure it was a limited time offer type of deal. When I upgraded to XM Toyota's sales rep told me that I would be getting the last of the free one year subscription certificates they had. There was also a 90-day free XM subscription coupon in my coupon book that you could use if you upgraded to XM. However, you couldn't use the two consecutively and the 90 day coupon was only good for new installation. So I can't use it when my free year subscription runs out. Hopes this helps.
  • ottyeeottyee Posts: 1
    gh1,
    Did you ever get the dealer to resolve the roof leak problem and what was the cause? I'm thinking about getting an 05 or 06 avalon.

Thanks
  • lazarouslazarous Posts: 28
    Jicka, If you don't care telling me, what type and year Avalon do you own? I have never owned an Avalon, how do you like yours? I would appreciate some information. Thanks, mack
  • jickajicka Posts: 38
    My Avalon is an '05 LTD. Our previous Avalon was a 2000. Both my wife and I are delighted with the car. We just got back from a trip to the far-Northern limits of New Jersey from our home near Annapolis, MD. Our average MPG was 26.6 which included about 45 minutes of dead stop traffic on I95 due to an accident.

The 452 mile trip was on regular.
  • I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the headlights on my Limited. They are pointed a bit too low. I'd say they only reach about three car lengths in front of me. I have a relatively short driveway (40-50 feet) and they only reach part way down it.

Anyway, I've had xenon's, including autoleveling ones, before, but there was always an obvious screw to turn. Not so here - to me anyway. There is a screw with markings nearby that has a headlight and "1%" next to it - which I thought might mean you can adjust by 1% - but the screw does nothing for me.

Thanks for the insight.

D.
  • If you are willing to come as far east at Houston, you can find Blizzard Pearl Limiteds. Go to www.buyatoyota.com and enter 77030 (Houston) as the zip. Select any of the dealers that pop up and then search their inventory. I'm showing five LTD's with ivory interior and one with graphite. The other Texas metro areas to search would be Dallas and Austin/San Antonio. All of them are under the Gulf States Toyota umbrella and searching from one dealer in Houston shows you all of the Houston inventories at all the dealers.
  • geoshillgeoshill Posts: 27
    Bought a Blizzard Pearl Avalon with ivory interior today. I'll report on my findings on its operations. I have a '97 Avalon, Antique Rose with bench seats and I can't get my wife to part with it. Has run flawlessly for 9 years!!
  • The instructions for which screw to turn are in the owner's manual. When you are able to get the lights adjusted post and let everyone know how you did it. Have you asked the dealer to do it under warranty?
  • jose7jose7 Posts: 11
    Thanks so much for your response!
    Again my dealer knows nothing of this offer and when I questioned XM they said to contact the dealer. I printed out your info and will be sharing it with them tomorrow when I take it in to have the hitch installed and the locks fixed (rear dooras don't unlock!). Thanks again...
  • Att: drzeller.
    Had the same problem with my 05 LTD headlights. The dealer adjusted them under warranty. (set them to Maryland State Law requirements he said)
  • sobsob Posts: 15
    Need assistance in deciding on XLS vs LTD.......added cost/benefits.......particularly the JBL audio option. Also want opinions on dealer deep discounting of closeout '05's. Would appreciate comments/recommendations.

SOB
  • paulexpaulex Posts: 16
    I found a few Limiteds...Theproblem was finding the XLS. I don't really care for the wood steering wheel and I actually thought that the Limited seats were not as comfortable as those in the XLS. Thanks for the info though. I will check further into TX for our next purchase.

Paulex
  • njnynjny Posts: 34
    Replying to: "I agree about the seats being uncomfortable because of that seam across the back. I am taking mine in Tuesday and the service manager is going to have them work on the seats - add a little padding to the part just above the seam and straighten out the bottom. Also on my passenger side seat bottom on the outside, there is a big gap and you can even see the foam. They ordered a new bottom seat cover and are going to replace it. Talk to your service manager."

Jordan7
    Did you ever get your seat issue resolved?
    I'm bringing my 05 Limited in for the 5000 mile service and would love to point out what other dealerships have done to resolve the non-recessed seam in the seat back.
    Thanks
  • jordan7jordan7 Posts: 77
    yes, i did get the new seat back for the driver's side replaced and it much better with no large crease. the dealer was great and it took him about 2 hours to replace the cover. i still feel the seam hits your back and is somewhat uncomfortable but have been told becuase of the air venting of the seat, padding cannot be added. i can live with it and it is only a little bothersome when wearing a thin T shirt. Good luck. Jordan 7
  • johndjrjohndjr Posts: 80
    I have an '05 limited, smart key.
    Twice now, when getting out of the car the tone has gone off in a steady note, the screen has a message 'key not found' and stays on. So far, the only way I've found to get it off is to re-enter the car and start it, then normal shut down.
    Anyone else had this or is it just my electrifying personality over riding the computer?
  • kgjkgj Posts: 2
    Hi, I would like to know when the new model year of the toyota avalon will be released. I am very interested in this vehicle, and if the new models are due soon, I will wait for them before making a purchase
  • angeange Posts: 158
    This happened to me when I was learning the car electronics. I had shut down the engine with the button and later when I tried to get out I got the beeps. When I tried opening the doors nothing worked. I later realized I failed to place the gear lever into park before I shut off the engine.. I had to re start the engine and move the lever into reverse and back into park, like I should have done in the first place, before I shut off the engine. Many good things on this car electronically, but I have to follow the directions. Hope this helps. ange1