Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• smu1976smu1976 Posts: 110
    Avalon is the only car that Toyota does not have to offer any rebates or special finance deals on to the public. Go into a dealer, all the specials don't apply to Avalon (rebates, finance deals). The car is a winner, good profit maker, with little need to over advertise or market. Consumer Reports does a fine job of this for them. Toyota will soon displace one of the big three this year. Fleets are buying in droves over Ford's and Chevy. They won't let this model go. Great resale, great warranty, great dependability. This is their new niche.
    Love my 2004. Style is somewhat dated, drives like a DeVille, but Toyota will keep upgrading and improving the style. Its a nice cush mobile, great company car! My choice was Avalon, Chrysler 300M, Pontiac Bonnevile or a Ford Explorer (through my employer leasing company). Also the Cadi CTS was in there, but the company thought it was too showy (the lease was less than Avalon). Had to go with the Avalon. Would have took the Caddy if they let me. Good ride to give to the kids when done. After learining the GPS, its great. I'm 46, and feel like the target market may be a bit older, but I still love it, probably be 56 when it leaves the house.
  • Hi smu 1976,Toyota does give special deals on the Avalon.Igot o% for 36 months on my 03 last year.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Thats a very broad (and incorrect) statement about Toyota and incentives. Depending on region, time of year, market conditions, and model... Toyota may or may not offer incentives.

~alpha
  • cove148cove148 Posts: 117
    Anyone have seen or have updated information on what the 2005 Avalon will look like and feature?
    Its the other way around, Japan gets a reskinned version of the Avalon, which was designed and originally developed for the American market. The new Avalon will be on the current generation Camry platform, whereas the current Avalon is on the 97-01 Camry platform (which itself was a pretty extensive revision of the 92-96 version of the Camry).

~alpha
  • wsag26wsag26 Posts: 124
    Is Toyota going to save anything for Chicago or New York? To make it more exciting (since I go to N.Y. every year) it makes sense that Toyota might showcase it. You're probably saying.. .how did you know that? Well, look what happened. The Aveo was released at Chicago, and I got no word once so ever that it was coming or going to be released there. We wouldn't of known...
    I'm guessing not that many people care about the Aveo. Except Enterprise Rental, whose Aveos (two of 'em) are the only ones Ive seen on the road here in Central Jersey.

There is a new Tacoma that Toyota will need to debut SOMEWHERE, given that Nissan just released the skinny on the new Frontier. Redesigns for Corolla, Camry, and Avalon (along with Hondas Civic and Accord) are typically hush-hush, with little autoshow fanfare.

~alpha
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    I just returned from a two week vacation (Christmas and New Year) in Singapore. Over there the Crown is considered a status symbol. The Crown Majesta comes with the same 4.3L V8 found in the Lexus LS430 and GS430. All other Crown models come with the 3.0 Liter Inline 6 found in the Lexus IS and GS300. The Majesta is rated at 270 Hp while the six cylinder versions are rated at 220 Hp. My uncle, who lives in Singapore owns a Majesta. Beautiful car. Wonder why Toyota doesn't see it fit to sell it here?
  • boomsamaboomsama Posts: 362
    well i guess this post should have been made a few posts before but i just felt like i had to say this anyway :)

It seems that Australia is almost ALWAYS getting the old versions of cars/specs and not staying up-to date with the Toyota in the US. Things such as 5 Speed ECT-i and 3.3L engines in our camrys, it just really bugs me that we're SO behind in all this stuff.
  • This is my first time here at edmunds.com. I noticed a discussion of the new avalon body style. I currently drive a 1995 Avalon XLS. I'm patiently waiting to see what the 2005 Avalon will look like. That announcement may be coming to the Chicago Auto Show in February. Here is an excerpt from the 2004 Chicago Auto Show "The remainder of the morning will feature world introduction product reveals from Toyota". Key words here are "world introduction". I'm hoping that world introduction product will be the 2005 Avalon, by the way, I live in the Chicago area.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    Ah the Crown - what a beautiful car! Just to clarify, I think you were talking of the previous generation Crown which ended its model year for 2003. The 04 Crown (known as the Crown concept on toyota.com) is the newest Crown in Japan. The Crown and GS are both on the same platform (from what I've heard) but the Crown is supposed to have more luxury. In Japan, the Crown is offered with a 3.0L inline 6 (same as the GS here) but with twin turbos producing more than 250HP. It also has a V8 available. Crown is known as Japan's ultimate luxury car, even though it is not the most luxurious. I guess it's their version of the "American Cadillac". I wish it came here though!
  • msgreenmsgreen Posts: 67
    as a Yank who lived in your beautiful country for a few years (70's), I agree that you are being screwed re availability of some options on cars being sold both north and south. That said, the U.S. is importing a Holden virtually unchanged as the new Pontiac GTO, a sacred name in U.S. muscle car history, and which has already been minimized by some U.S. auto magazines. In my humble opinion, neither the U.S. nor Australia has a monopoly on "good". We may have more auto options (we have 10X population), but you have MANY more places to exercise the horses you are granted. I recall driving the Adelaide to Alice road and not seeing ANYTHING/ANYONE for more than 300Km at a stretch. You CANNOT do that in the U.S. no matter where you are (and could not even in those times). Good luck and good on ya, mate....
  • boomsamaboomsama Posts: 362
    yeah, holden monaro :)

anyway, its pretty frustrating seeing all this good stuff overseas while we get this "last generation" stuff. Just makes me wanna import one, although servicing might be a problem.
  • If Toyota does not plan to bring the Crown Concept (or a *reasonable* facsimile) to America, what was the point of featuring the car on the Toyota USA website?
    The Crown has a 50/50 chance of coming as a Toyota to North America. I, personally, think it won't come to America because it's more luxurious than a Lexus GS, which it shares most of its components with.
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    Why are they calling this car the "Concept"? It has been around for almost 30 years. If this replaces the Avalon as Toyota's flagship sedan it would be great. Right now, the Crown is only sold in the East Asian markets. Toyota should also consider bringing the Crown Majesta to North America. It could be a lower priced alternative to the Lexus LS 430 just like the Camry is to the ES300/330.
    I think the should bring the Crown Athlete over here, as the Majesta is still waiting to be redesigned.
  • nomad56nomad56 Posts: 134
    This is ALL I know: It is called THE Concept. It is NOT "A" concept car. "Concept" was used because it had not been named and is part of the rollout of the "LEXUS" brandname in Japan. I don't know if it will be a Toyo, or Lexus???? At the 2003 Tokyo auto show, Toyota displayed the Concept as "..returning to the export markets!" ...in 2005. Which export markets, however, were NOT indicated?????

Some listed ammenities:

... 3.3-liter V6 with VVT-i and six-speed automatic transmission (Sequential Shiftmatic)...

...vehicle-movement control based on VDM, pre-crash safety system, lane-keeping assistance, radar cruise control...
  • A rear view picture of the 2006 Avalon is in the latest issue of Motor Trend. Can't tell much except that it has dual tail pipes and backup lights integrated with the tail lights. Although it is listed as a 2006, the article says it will likely be an early intro in 2005, as it looks well along in the disign
  • jeff186jeff186 Posts: 95
    Well, the rumored '05 redesign is not listed for either the Chicago or NY auto shows. I'm beginning to doubt whether the redesign will even happen for '05.