Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• pmcb48pmcb48 Posts: 192
    I am curious as to how "leaked info" in this forum compares to what Toyota has told you guys. Have heard zip from dealer where we got our Sienna re the Avalon, although my name is "#1" on their call list (post-January 10th I guess). Have you been FYI-ing any of your non-computer literate customers?

I anticipate paying a courtesy call to my Sienna dealer when Avalons are officially for sale, but if (as I expect) they squat at MSRP, I will come and see you. I would think some "give" is in there for a deal on a maxed-out Avalon Limited (including nav and adaptive cruise control) and remote start (factory installed?), plus dealer profit on 72/100K Toyota platinum extended warranty and dealer cut on Toyota financing. Must also leave off pinstripes and other "packs" and any dealer logo. Who wants the deal the most? Have appreciated your straight talk. :-)
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Sharp. Interestingly, post #877 of this forum has been deleted.... it contained this and several other photos of the new Avalon. Im guessing edmunds.com was afraid of embargo restrictions; there was a big article in the WSJ today about how upset the automakers are about the advent of the web and spy shots....

~alpha
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Well Doc, you'd be surprised what we have to go through and why customers know more about the vehicles sometimes then we do. Usually the "factory reps" or more like "distributor reps" go from dealer to dealer doing "in house" training on a new model before the car gets to the dealer. Back in 2000 when the redesigned Celica, the Echo, and the Mr2 Spyder were released I asked one of the reps why we were getting the cars and then a month later we were having the training on them. He replied that that's the way we wanted it. Funny, because nobody asked me. Anyway, info on new models is kept pretty tight. We get our info the same way you do. Spy shots, erronous magazine articles and so forth. The real information comes out a few weeks before the cars actually arrive at the dealer. Actual pricing will probably be out about a week before the car hits ground.

: )

Mackabee
  • We took delivery of one of the first Solara convertibles this past March. If I recall correctly, Job 1 rolled February 26, ours was built on March 16 and was delivered to the dealer shortly after. As far as info, I have a very good relationship with the dealer and he kept me posted with any and all info when he had it..needless to say there was more info "leaked" on the net then what was officially presented to him via Toyota.
  • buckwheatbuckwheat Posts: 396
    I'm not sure it has anything to do with an embargo unless you are posting a photo without a URL link. I have been advised by the host of another board that it is okay to link to another message board provided the intent was to view published photos - articles etc. without viewing the written posted contents of members of that message board. That is cause for deletion, if I understood her correctly!
  • pmcb48pmcb48 Posts: 192
    Just read the WSJ article (1/7/05) at the library. The central example was GM's desire to launch the 2006 super-Corvette at the Detroit Auto Show, the same one the new Avalon will be launched at. They mentioned GM had a 9 November 2004 "media day", at which they released photos, etc. with the restriction that nothing would be published prior to January 10th. If somebody cheated, though, Automotive magazine said "we won't be first, but we won't be third,either." While in the library I checked the February issues of Car&Driver and Motor Trend--both had big articles on the Corvette! The Avalon is in a media backwater by comparison, but our little group has done a pretty good job of getting out the good stuff!
  • Very nice pics. The new Avalon is looking sweeter everytime a new picture of it is posted!
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Gotcha, thanks for the post, you cleared things up for me.

~alpha
  • dodgedodge Posts: 25
    Does anyone know how much horsepower and torqe that the 2006 avalon will have?
  • future1future1 Posts: 103
    Reposting the "spy" specs for dodge and everyone else who missed it earlier in the thread:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/dealers/vehicles/2005-Avalon/index- .htm

Incidentally, the new Avalon will be known as 2005, not 2006. The oficial specs will probably be posted shortly after Mon, Jan 10, after the Avalon introduction at the Detroit show.
  • bluesman3bluesman3 Posts: 202
    It's a 2005.

Reported to be:

280 hp

260 ft./lbs.

MPG:

22 city

30 hwy.

Very good numbers indeed! Now if they can only report having the throttle and shift response issues resolved.......
    What do you think the 0 to 60 might be i think in the rang from 6.5 sec to 7.5 sec alot better that the current model.
  • You guys really worry about the hesitation...

Let me tell you. My Sienna when it was brand new had the hesitation. Very minor but it was there. Fortunately now, 1260 miles on it, it is smooth as butter with no hesitation what so ever.

I guess it was the computer taking it's time to figure the driving pattern.
  • coug2coug2 Posts: 34
    I think the hesitation is something to worry about...check out the es330 forum and the number of folks that are really frustrated...

Nonetheless, pretty excited to see, touch, drive a real one - Tomorrow should be a big day...
    when does the 2005 avalon arive in dealers?
  • bklynguybklynguy Posts: 275
    they should arrive in the next 2-4 weeks (according to a rumor, some dealers may have them as early as next week).

live introduction of the 2005 Toyota Avalon will happen tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. PST / 01:30 p.m. EST

http://www.toyota.com/

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/default.aspx?shw=autoshow2005
  • bluesman3bluesman3 Posts: 202
    I have (2) dealers in my area saying they will have an 05' Avalon Limited on 1/15. I'd check in your area for similar info.
  • I can't wait for the actual car to be unveiled. You can bet that I will be watching it live!
    One of my friends sells toyotas and he actually got to sit in it he said its alot nicer then the current model it has push button start and alot more hi tech features,he dident get to drive it he just got to play with the controls he got to take some pics but he said that i cant put them up sorry.

If there is any que just ask he told me alot about it
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    like the Prius? Does it have Bluetooth?