Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• jlsextonjlsexton Posts: 301
    Okay, you got me I'm a little lazy when it comes to owners manuals. Actually I saw the discussion and sought a simple solution, now I will look at the manual, THANK YOU.......
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Ok Jl, it should look something like this:

Hope it helps.
    :)
    Mack
  • mem4mem4 Posts: 52
    Interesting thing about the battery number. The on-line manual and the manual on CD that I got with the car both say to use the CR 2032 but when I just opened my key case to check it has the CR 1632 battery installed. I'll have to check the paper manual and see what it says. If in doubt I guess I'll replace the battery with the same number currently in the case.
  • retired7retired7 Posts: 133
    See my previous #14017. The CR 1632 is what my 2005 Toyota Owner's manual (pg 26) identifies as the correct replacement battery. My OEM battery lasted ~2-1/2 years and I replaced both batteries in both transmitters.

Our Super Wal Mart both in their cameras and jewelery sections did not have the CR 1632.
    Nice picture BUT the page number would really help and yes I meandered through it.
    Look in the index under Smart key.
    Mack
  • pcc49pcc49 Posts: 25
    Does anyone know how to remove the A/C filter from the 2006 Avalon?
  • algeealgee Posts: 78
    Read the manual
    Algee: I read the manual which shows the Air conditioning filter as in the back of the glove compartment! I looked underneath the glove compartment, there is a plastic cover. I am just looking to see if anyone has successfully removed and replaced the filter. It will probably cost $100 to have the dealer replace it. The parts itself is about $30.

Algee: Have you actually remove this filter yourself and knows the trick to doing it? :(
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    I haven't done my '06 Av yet. But on every other Toyota in the family including my prior Avalon you have to drop the glovebox down. This usually involves removing the little "shock" on one side and then squeezing in the sides of the door while pulling down. The door will swing down far enough so you have access to the filter. Look for a panel or door about 2 x 8 inches and the filter is in there. Your post reminds me that mine is probably due for replacement soon. Yet another project. :cry:

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• nimiminimimi Posts: 249
    . . . and you can buy the filter online for $15.
    What site and what is the S&H......

I use First Toyota but have not priced it out, I presume it is time & not mileage to change this filter??????//
    First thing I did, I DID NOT see anything pertaining to the key, looked under maintainence, specs etc, I hate this manual, how about making it simple as in BATTERY's, car & FOBS................
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Well, mackabee doesn't write the manual. ;) But maybe he can help anyway.

Is there anyplace the manual is online? I'm so used to using search features to find what I want that it drives me crazy to have to deal with a hard copy of something. :mad:
    I can't remember the site I found them at for $15. They are at metrotpn.com for $20.

I took mine out and blew/shook all the dirt and crud out of it (after 2 years and 16,000 miles). It looks as if it should go at least another year before it needs actual replacing.
  • Replaced mine last week. Got the filters on line for $15, bought three. Google "air conditioning filters and a bunch of sources will show up. And then. . . Take the stuff out of the glove box and drop the box down all the way. then unscrew the screw on the bottom of the little piston on the right side. Squeeze both sides toward the middle and whole box will drop down to verticle You will then see a black rectangle filter cover about 2-in by 8-in. squeeze the sides and take off the cover. The filter slides out. Replace the filter paying attention to the little arrow on the filter indicating air flow direction. Squeeze the sides and put the filter cover back on. Squeeze the glove box sides and shove the box back into place. Put the screw back in and Replace junk in the box. That's it takes about 6 minutes. Dealer wants $65 to do this job.
    Junk, people keep junk in the glove box, do people not keep gloves in it. Thanks for the info, every little bit helps, still need some info on the remote start FOB battery, I would hate to break this damn thing. Speaking of battery's does anyone know how to replace the back on a Tiffany Portfolio watch. I changed the battery but the damn thing refuses to go back on, unlike the Rolex which screws on this damn thing has to snap in place and I hate paying a jeweler to do it.
  • don84don84 Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Avalon Limited that has the same proplem. Windshield wiper makes one swipe of windshield when car is started. This will happen randomly when windshield is dry and clean. It has happened when the car has been in the garage for a few days,it has happened after stopping at a store then restarting. I had a 2003 Avalon XLS that had the same wipers and this never happened the four years I had it.
    I took my '06 Ltd. in for an erratic rain-sensor. They tested it and said it was either go or no-go. They also said they checked with Toyota for possible software updates, to no avail. So, I guess, the answer is live with it until it ceases working all together.
    Mine does the same thing, I now turn them off unless it is actually raining, I have been hit too many times while cleaning the windshield, their cute but honestly unnecessary and possibly dangerous..............Where's Toyotas concern about liability on these ??????, still ticks me off the stupid car shuts off with the remote start, liability BAH HUMBUG.............
    See message 14034
    Ok jl, here's a link that will take you to your new Avalon. Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask! :blush: Just click on the link title and it will take you to ToyotaIguide.com to the Avalon section. Pick either 2005, 2006, or 2007 then either xl, xls, touring, or limited which ever one you own. Go to the "keys and doors" section and read through it. Or go to the bottom left and click on "owner's manual" and go to page 25 if you have an 2006. It shows you how to replace the battery. Hope this helps. :blush: image
    highroller2: :) Thanks so much for the extremely clear instructions on removing the A/C filter! Hats off to you! Did you figured this out yourself? I was able to replace mine in 5 minutes although I went to the dealer a week ago and paid $30 for the filter! Will use internet to order in the future.

Does anyone know what "fob" means?
    Cool, THANKS..............
    "Does anyone know what "fob" mean"

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    • Have questions? Find out how to ask questions and get answers. •
    Jump to: navigation, search
    A wooden key fob made by aarikka of Finland
    A wooden key fob made by aarikka of Finland

A key fob is a decorative item many people often carry with their keys, on a ring or a chain, for ease of tactile identification, to provide a better grip, or to make a personal statement. Key fobs are often mistakenly called "key rings" or "key chains" in colloquial usage.

Fobs vary considerably in size, style and functionality. Most commonly they are simple discs of smooth metal or plastic, typically with a message or symbol such as that of a logo (as with conference tchotchke) or a sign of an important group affiliation. A fob may be symbolic or strictly aesthetic, but it can also be a small tool. Many fobs are small flashlights, compasses, calculators, penknives, discount cards, bottle openers, or USB flash drives.

Electronic key fobs are used for remote keyless entry systems on motor vehicles. Early electric key fobs operated using infrared and required a clear line of sight to function. These could be copied using a programmable remote control. More recent models use challenge-response authentication over radio frequency, so these are harder to copy and do not need line of sight to operate. Programming these remotes sometimes require the automotive dealership to connect a diagnostic tool but many of them can be self-programmed by following a sequence of steps in the vehicle and usually requires at least 1 working key.

Mackabee

or
  • Here is a site that you can order from, they are the cheapest I have found and have the quickest turn around I have ever seen...I don't work for the company but I just ordered a whole bunch of parts from them and I am very impressed with their service. They made a mistake on the ship to address. I send them an email and they responded within an hour....quick, huh! Anyway, here is the link, check them out...
    http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-CDBC-CC.aspx
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    A lot of people seem to think fob is an acronym and write it as FOB because of that, but it really isn't. Mackabee gave a great explanation of what it a fob is, but I just wanted to make the general point that "fob" is an actual word and doesn't need to be capitalized as many do. ;)

P.S. People make the same mistake with "nav" by writing it NAV and aux written as AUX. They are both abbreviations, not acronyms. Yeah, I can be a PITA (which is an acronym!) over this kind of stuff! ;)
    The cost of shipping is almost the cost of the filter. No way! :confuse:
    I thought one always capitalized the name of a particular person, place or thing, since Fob is a thing why would it not be capitalized as did I.

12 years of Catholic School, maybe my mind is gone.......
    Mackabee, you have TOOOOOOOOOOO much time on your hands, are sales that slow ?????????