Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• lntlnt Posts: 189
    I had the same problem a few days after I got mine. P. 41 of the manual explains how to correct the problem. Under "To normalize the power window". (2nd column)
  • THANKS ALOT DUDE can u tell me from wher eu got ur manual ? or do u mean that thick book from the factory inside the glovebox ?

thanks
  • ok i just toke alook at the manual page 41 and it shows how to acivate and deactivate the thieft system nothing about passenger window been stuck :(

plz help
    thanks
  • riley3riley3 Twin Cities MNPosts: 27
    We had rain yesterday with snow last night so I had same concerns about wipers freezing. I read the manual and will now leave wiper lever in off position, then decide if I should move lever to mist (one swipe), auto, low speed or high speed as conditions warrant. Automatic setting can be set for sensitivity too.
    After 5,100 miles my '05 LTD transmission likes me. It is smooth and does not miss a beat. Love the car.
  • ok actuly i played in the alarm and lock unlocked the car and it fixed it self lmao !!!
    but i noticed somthing for the ppl who might get this prob when the passenger side button light indicates that means u have to do the things i did ! so when u see the passenger side button light dosent indicates that means its back to normal ! if that makes any sens tho !

anyway i got another qustion that i really wanted to know ! since i got the car i received 4 rubbers ! in plastic ! written on them IMPORTANT ! TO PREDELEVIREY INSPECTOR : INSERT THESE RUBBER PLUGS INTO THE HOLES OF THE CENTER FLOOR SIDE MEMBER EXTENSIONS. !!!
    can anyone tell me where shall i plus thoes rubbers in !? and why is that rubbers for !

thanks aloot and appreciated :shades:
  • dandldandl Posts: 57
    I just found this blurb on a Fox 2 News website under Murray's Money Matters. For all of us that bought new Avalons, might this apply? Maybe run this by your tax preparer.....

"This year you can write off your sales tax paid rather than your state income tax. Figure out how much you paid in local and state sales tax and how much in state income tax. If the sales tax is greater, you can deduct that.
    This may help people who made very large purchases last year, such as cars or major appliances."
  • n0v8orn0v8or Posts: 169
    I think these plugs prevent road salt and similar corrosive materials from entering the welded box sections of the frame. They are probably not essential in your region.

It should be OK to wait for your 5000 mile service, then ask the dealer to insert them.
  • mdchachimdchachi Posts: 275
    I don't deny that they were probably taking you for a ride, especially if they tried to get you to change the transmission fluid. However, the cabin air filter is something you should replace at certain intervals, not when it "looks" dirty. It will cause your HVAC to lose effiency over time and should be replaced per the maintenance schedule. So it is valid to say that you need it changed even without looking at it. According to http://tinyurl.com/ahfzt, it should be changed first at 20K miles.
  • Thanks for the information concerning resetting the Maintainece Required light. I gave the manual a cursory read but paid more attention to the cd. The instructions were clear and they worked.
  • Lucky you - my dealer offered me $10 off coupon. When they have over a thousand cars in inventory to sell, they don't need to give away free oil changes.
  • billygbillyg Posts: 29
    I had the same problem. Found 4 rubber plugs in the glove compartment. The Toyota service manager confirmed that he should have installed them under the floor boards. He said that they are definitely required. Didn't take long for him to install them.
  • For those of you who drive in the snow have you found it necessary or worthwhile to put on snow tires or do the tires that come with the car work okay? And if you did buy snow tires, what kind did you buy? Thanks.
  • The service manager here says they aren't required in this part of the country and did not install them.
  • captain2captain2 Posts: 3,971
    would be interested to know from all of you, which trim you chose and why. Judging by this forum, sure seems like the majority went full boat, and don't know what the actual sales distribution is by trim - but also feel that it was a good move by Toyota to expand the offerings in the Avalon line.
    My choice the Touring: personally prefer the harder and sportier feel and 'European' interior look, and specifically did not want to complicate the car with a bunch of electronics. Love the Xenons. Still the smoothest, quietest, and one of the quickest cars I've ever owned - but not nearly so isolating as my neighbor's Ltd.
    Bought last April, now with 16k miles, not been back to the dealer except for the steering recall. 26.5 mpg overall, 70% highway - where we all drive 80 (Texas)
  • billygbillyg Posts: 29
    Get a new service manager. There are holes in the bottom of your car.

Regards
  • lntlnt Posts: 189
    The thick book from the factory inside the glovebox. Maybe yours is different from mine since we are in different countries? Here are directions from my book:
    "To Normalize the power window"

1. Push down the power window switches of each front door and lower the windows halfway.
    2. Pull up the switches until the windows close and hold the switches for a second.

I did this on mine the second time it happened and it worked. The dealer reset them the first time it happened. He said sometimes if the door is slammed hard or something, it will make them malfunction, so he showed me these instructions in the book.

Hope it works for you.
  • I've had my Avalon just a week. Living in Alaska, we do get snow and ice. The Avalons regular tires did ok on snow, but not great on icy patches. (My Avy has stability and traction control). So I bought snow tires a few days ago. They are Bridgestone Blizzaks. Also used these tires previously on my Volvo S70 and wifes Olds Bravada. They are excellent. Work like studs, without the studs. Grip is very good. Pricy though. About $155 plus tax and installation.
  • You will also have to reset the automatic window (as per these instructions) and also the sunroof after disconnecting the battery.
  • denali1,

Good to hear from an Avalon owner way up North of us temperate Canadians!

It is reassuring that you opted for the FWD Avalon to replace your AWD Volvo S70, given your driving conditions.

Thanks for the tip on the Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires. Snow and ice are infrequent in Vancouver so I haven't used winter tires in the past, but your report of improved performance on icy patches is an important consideration. Did your Avalon come with Michelins?

havalongavalon
  • 06ltd06ltd Posts: 25
    I am still awaiting the firmware update that corrects the problem, but I've since followed the advice in 05avforum's reply to my original post and selected the iPod UI from the Dension menu. That works just fine for the time being. Eventually the firmware update will fix this and I can wait. I'm delighted to have the iPod available in the interim.

Thanks much to 05avforum for his advice. :)