Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• retired7retired7 Posts: 133
    Let us know if the changeout works. I Like the self leveling headlights and low beam HID, but the high beam isn't that good in my oponion..

NW Blizzard
  • pcc49pcc49 Posts: 25
    Int: :( Yes indeed the dealer ripped me off by going by the "book". The service writer told me they have to follow a diagnostic procedure to find the problem which could be the transmitter or the receiver, blab..blab..blab. That is why I suggest anybody with fob problem to try replacing the battery first yourself. So did the battery replacement fixed your problem?
  • lntlnt Posts: 188
    pcc49: So far it has worked perfectly everytime. I'll keep you posted. I don't 100% trust my car now, but at least I learned how to get the key out. My son showed me how to do that.
  • tkaztkaz Posts: 69
    Yes, I know the manual says to have the dealer replace them as compared to the Sienna manual which shows you how to replace them. I am wondering if there is a specific reason why with the Avalon I should not change them myself?
  • Check on 9011 bulbs from Toshiba. Lots of info on Google. They are reported to be much brighter than the 9005 bulbs. IIRC article says Nissan Maxima is using them. I was going to get some but was stopped by the problem of how to get the bulbs out. Hope you find an easy way.
    FYI; I just bought two Energizer Lithium batteries (CR1632, 3 Volt)for $4.99 each + sales tax at a jewelery store inside a Fred Meyers store up here in the Pacific NW. I installed them in our two electronic transmitters and they work just fine. Suggest you call some jewelery stores and see what they charge before paying the inflated price @ Toyota Parts Dept! Also, my orginal OEM batteries lasted about 2-1/2 years.

NW Blizzard
  • lntlnt Posts: 188
    Yeah, I knew I could probably get them cheaper even at perhaps a Walmart, but my husband was out of town, and I am not very good at doing things like that. It was worth the $11 to me. I had my 2000 Avalon for 5 years and never replaced the fob battery, but I guess this one is much more sophisticated! I really didn't expect it to last as long.
  • mem4mem4 Posts: 52
    Any reason you used a CR 1632 instead of the CR 2032 specified in the owners manual? Looking at the specs on the Energizer site the CR 1632 and the CR 2032 have different physical size and different electrical capacities. The CR 2032 looks like it has twice the life expectancy as the CR 1632.
  • jlsextonjlsexton Posts: 301
    I have a 2006 Limited with the remote start fob, since you didn't mention what fob you had how do they open. I tried the suggestion of removing the key and pressing the same release and sliding the rear off but it simply did not work.
    The battery in queston is for the transmitter(part of the smart key system). On page 26 in my 2005 Owner's Manual, it verbally describes and has nice illustrations on how to changeout the battery inside the transmitter. You basically first remove the mechanical key then stick a screwdrive into a slot on the end of the transmitter and pry the case open to access the CR 1632 Lithuim battery.

I do not have the remote start feature on my car.

NW Blizzard
    Okay, you got me I'm a little lazy when it comes to owners manuals. Actually I saw the discussion and sought a simple solution, now I will look at the manual, THANK YOU.......
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Ok Jl, it should look something like this:

Hope it helps.
    :)
    Mack
  • mem4mem4 Posts: 52
    Interesting thing about the battery number. The on-line manual and the manual on CD that I got with the car both say to use the CR 2032 but when I just opened my key case to check it has the CR 1632 battery installed. I'll have to check the paper manual and see what it says. If in doubt I guess I'll replace the battery with the same number currently in the case.
    See my previous #14017. The CR 1632 is what my 2005 Toyota Owner's manual (pg 26) identifies as the correct replacement battery. My OEM battery lasted ~2-1/2 years and I replaced both batteries in both transmitters.

Our Super Wal Mart both in their cameras and jewelery sections did not have the CR 1632.
    Nice picture BUT the page number would really help and yes I meandered through it.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Look in the index under Smart key.
    Mack
    Does anyone know how to remove the A/C filter from the 2006 Avalon?
  • algeealgee Posts: 77
    Read the manual
    Algee: I read the manual which shows the Air conditioning filter as in the back of the glove compartment! I looked underneath the glove compartment, there is a plastic cover. I am just looking to see if anyone has successfully removed and replaced the filter. It will probably cost $100 to have the dealer replace it. The parts itself is about $30.

Algee: Have you actually remove this filter yourself and knows the trick to doing it? :(
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    I haven't done my '06 Av yet. But on every other Toyota in the family including my prior Avalon you have to drop the glovebox down. This usually involves removing the little "shock" on one side and then squeezing in the sides of the door while pulling down. The door will swing down far enough so you have access to the filter. Look for a panel or door about 2 x 8 inches and the filter is in there. Your post reminds me that mine is probably due for replacement soon. Yet another project. :cry:

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse