Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• milo57milo57 Posts: 16
    I just purchased a 2006 CTS with 5,200 miles from a dealer for $23,000. It was a loaner / rent car and was sold as new. This price included a $3,000 rebate. In addition, I was able to get GMAC financing at 5.9%. (Due to a significant ding on my credit score, several dealers for another manufacturer had demanded 12.75 to 15 percent interest on a new vehicle.)

I should note that this car is "stripped" by Cadillac standards -- no sunroof, navigation or two-tone leather.
    The word at the dealership is that Cadillac is eager to unload the 2006 models, offering either 0% financing or the $3,000 rebate.

I chose the rebate rather than the 0%. However, as noted above the fact that I was offered 5.9% despite impaired credit shows how much GMAC wants to help move the '06s.
  • cdoucet30cdoucet30 Posts: 12
    I have been offered a Certified Preowned 2005 CTS 2.8 Luxury Package with 14,000 miles, 6 speed standard, 6 year/100,000 mile warranty for $23,000. Is this like an unbelievable deal or is this pretty much the going rate?
    It seems like an excellent deal. Part of the reason may be that it has a standard transmission. As a previous poster noted, most Cadillac buyers -- even CTS buyers -- aren't interested in a six speed.

The fact that it is Certified would seem to indicate that the dealership isn't just trying to get rid of a lemon. If the car had serious problems, I doubt the dealership would have paid Cadillac the $1,300 plus for certification.
  • allargonallargon Posts: 75
    I will respectfully disagree. They should knock down another $2k off the deal.

In Austin, Covert is offering NEW 2006 CTS's for $26k with 0% interest, etc.
  • callallcallall Posts: 3
    There are $3,250 cash rebate and 0 apr for 3 or 5 years. I wonder if it is possible to combine them.

I really want to have an american car even my Honda has run perfectly for 4 years and still feel like new.
  • callallcallall Posts: 3
    BTW, I am in PA.
  • ddlllldddlllld Posts: 10
    I was offered a CTS 2.8L AT for 25,250+TTL.
    Good or not?
  • jr32jr32 Posts: 23
    How does this sound:

06 CTS 3.8 sport
    39 month
    sticker $40,060, sale $36k and change
    $0 down, taxes rolled in (8.5%)
    $3000 in rebates

$492 month
  • jr32jr32 Posts: 23
    How does this sound:

06 CTS 3.8 sport
    39 month
    sticker $40,060, sale $36k and change
    $0 down, taxes rolled in (8.5%)
    $3000 in rebates

$492 month
  • kkirklandkkirkland Posts: 1
    I am considering trading a 2003 Mercedes E500 for an 06 CTS (3.6) V6. While I realize these two cars are over $25 grand apart in price - I would love to hear opinions from anyone who switched over from a Benz to a new CTS??
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 451
    I own an '05 CTS. I am not familiar with the sport. Is this a model that came out in '06. What is the difference in it and the regular CTS.
  • panzerpanzer Posts: 125
    Sport package is a group of options, I think including Stabilitrak, 17-inch wheels, special shock absorbers, and maybe some other stuff. It was available in 2004 and 2005 as well. Not that many dealer stock cars had it, because it is kind of expensive and most people that buy Caddys don't care for or need what it brings to the party. There is also a luxury package (wood steering wheel and other stuff). A lot of dealer stock cars have luxury package. I personally hate the wood steering wheel. When the vehicle has both, it is sometimes referred to as luxury-sport. I own a 2005 CTS with both. You don't notice the difference between sport/non-sport unless you are boogying hard on mountain roads, where it corners better and snaps in and out of turns better than the standard car, which ain't no slouch, by the way. Kind of the difference between a good ski and a great ski. The basic ride is pretty similar. I think the ride/handling balance of my car is superior to a BMW 5-Series. Steering isn't quite as good, but certainly acceptable, and maybe preferable for most people. I know my wife loves the car and she's a little picky. Stabilitrak behaves pretty well when cornering at the limit, not like some stability control systems that take all the fun out, and helps alot in snow.
  • apexncapexnc Posts: 3
    I got a price of $24,600 + $299 Doc + TTL for a base CTS w/Auto. MSRP= $31,190. Is this good?!?

Should I buy a CTS or Acura TSX. The TSX is higher $$$, but has regular leather. Leather in CTS would cost more.

This is in Raleigh, NC area
  • acarr46acarr46 Posts: 3
    I have a dealer invoice for a 2006 Cadillac CTS. I am trying to figure out the true dealer cost. It has a GMS column and a supplier and a MRM column. the dealer told me the supplr figure is his cost. Any help would be appreciated.
  • cme2ccme2c Posts: 7
    Local dealer has a NEW 2005 CTS with sport package, auto trans. MSRP around 42,000. Going to deal tomorrow or Wed, what do you all think a good selling price would be. I am hoping for 30K.
  • nbc612nbc612 Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L for sale by owner for $26,500. It is in absolute new condition and has only 6200 miles on it. It is black with black leather interior and has the luxury package with all the bells and whistles. I think the CTS looks the best in black.

I bought the CTS from an older man who's medical condition prohibits him from driving anymore. He purchased the vehicle a little over a year ago. The MSRP was about $38000. I feel like I bought a new car with a 30% discount! I love the car so far. It has luxury mixed in with a little sportyness and lots of speed. I am 26 years old and definitely think Cadillac built a car that appeals to younger people.
  • cme2ccme2c Posts: 7
    They wanted a firm 37500 on the new 2005 CTS. I almost laughed. Cmon. They did say that there weren't any GM incentives for cash back, lease rate or low interest. Maybe in 3 years I can buy it when they drop the price.
  • fenwahfenwah Posts: 58
    Here's the rundown...was offered to me from Camargo Cadillace in Cincinnati, OH.

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $ 31,970.00

Options installed by Manufacturer
    3.6L V6 18" WHEEL PERFORMANCE
    PACKAGE:
    PERFORMANCE-TUNED SUSPENSION
    PERFORMANCE BRAKING SYSTEM
    18" POLISHED 9-SPOKE WHEELS
    P225/50R18 W-RATED TIRES
    TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING
    STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL
    LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
    HIGH INTENSITY HEADLAMPS
    $ 2,285.00
    3.6L V6 LUXURY PACKAGE:
    MEMORY SEAT ADJUSTER
    COMPASS IN ISRV MIRROR
    10-WAY POWER SEATS W/ LUMBAR
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
    THEFT-DETERRENT ALARM SYSTEM
    $ 1,550.00
    5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    $ 1,200.00
    CTS STANDARD PACKAGE
    NO CHARGE
    EXPRESS OPEN SUNROOF
    $ 1,200.00
    BOSE MUSIC SYS. W/ 6 DISC
    IN-DASH CD CHANGER
    (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)
    $ 1,000.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $ 7,235.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $ 39,205.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $720.00

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $39,925.00

I was offered a price of $37,500 after tax and title. Tax is 7%. Therefore I was given a price of around $35,000 before any taxes/title. Edmunds TMV price was $37,117...so this cam in a little more than $2000 less than TMV. I have done no negotiating as of yet...just emailed them for a price on a particular VIN number. I plan on selling my 98 Pontiac Grand Prix myself...put the money in savings off of that and pay the monthly car payments from that until those funds run out. I plan on jumping on the 0% for 60 months as I would save an additional $700 going that route versus the $3k cash back on a 6% loan for 60 months. Also have $3200 earnings on my GM Card, plus an additional $750 on a Citibank Driver's Edge Card...for an additional $4000 off the $37500...bringing it down to almost $33,500 after tax/title.

So far, things are looking good!! :shades:
  • fadilfadil Posts: 21
    In my opinion this is not a good price.The maximum that I would offer for this 06 CTS before tax and title is something like 30-31.000.If there are people on Volvo forums breaging about there purchases of Volvo S60s 07 for 10.000 less than sticker prices, what is left for CTS 06 whose complete new model will be introduce in spring next year.