Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Tell the dealer, "call me if you change your mind". If the car sits on his lot for a while, he/she might just call. Personally, I'd wait for the 2008 CTS to arrive....however, I'd buy the '08 model. The spy shots look good and an upgraded interior is rumored. After seeing the upgraded dash of the SRX, I have high hopes for the same in the 08 CTS. If 2008 CTS doesn't meet my expectations, the 2007's will be available for a good price.
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    2006 blkberry/ebony GM certified

full leather
    Nav
    lux pkg
    sunroof

asking $29 for it......
  • fenwahfenwah Posts: 58
    I was quoted around $31k for an 06 CTS (MSRP was right around $40,500). It was a demo car and had about 2700 miles on it.
  • sarahhsarahh Posts: 3
    I just got 06 CTS 2.8 with 27k for $21,000 out the door is $23,000 bkbrry/black leathers very good condition with nice wood trims all auto 50,000 or 4 years b to b ,but no sun/moon roof/ no nav/

is it a good deal or not?

thanks for all answers

sarah h. :)
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    07 CTS, 3.6L with luxury package, express sun roof, auto...MSRP $37,590 asking $33,000...will see if they will give it to me driving it off the lot..Tax, title and tags for that price.....Comments??
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Posts: 317
    Check out the invoice for the vehicle on Edmunds. You should be able to buy it for invoice minus any GM incentives (also available from Edmunds). At this time of year (2008 coming out soon) you might be able to negotiate a little below invoice.
  • fenwahfenwah Posts: 58
    Just window shopping...but someone on the Edmunds forum suggested the following web site. They are based out of D.C. and will ship the car (which is included in the price).

http://www.fitzmall.com/index.asp

Their prices on 07 CTSs are coming in around $1500 below invoice (which translates into the $1500 marketing that is being given by GM to the dealer.

If you are searching locally for a CTS...you might want to try $2000 below invoice and then work your way from there. Or, if you're patient...you will probably be able to get even better deals once the 08s come out...but you will get less to choose from.
  • BOBPUTBOBPUT Posts: 22
    2008 CTS SHOULD be improved- but isn't GM known for letting 1st year buyers do their Beta testing of new model's defects ???? I'm trying to do the Bose ED 39 mo.lease special- $2200 GM support !-- but dealers tells me I can't get 1 with must-have Stabilitrak (17" or 18" wheel pkg) without a lot of other options, including NAV (I have a $300 portable GPS that does that!!!)-- can anyone find/have what I need ??? BOB in TAMPA
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    Has anyone seen a price list for the new 2008 CTS?
  • puckspucks Posts: 47
    Not yet. Heard by early June. But they still have not announced 2008 STS prices and that is in production well before the CTS
  • ortegaortega Posts: 57
    Here you go:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/112553-2008-cts-prices-r- - eleased.html

You might want to also follow the coversation going at the 2008 Cadillac CTS forum here on CarSpace for more info.
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 373
    Thank you ortega. I now know what my new CTS is going to cost me. :)
  • '08 CTS, DI engine, AWD, ebony exterior and interior, all options except spare tire, $44.8k, which I'm told is about $1k over invoice.
  • I shopped for an '08 CTS at Cadillac of Norwood (Norwood, MA) and at Frost Motors (Newton, MA). The experiences could not have been more different.

Cadillac of Norwood - The salesman did not realize that the new CTS has 2 engine options (not an exaggeration!) and my references to the FE1, FE2 and FE3 packages meant nothing to him. I noticed that the online inventory listed a CTS with my preferred color, but no reference to the particular FE package - so over the phone I asked the salesperson to check as to whether that particular (in stock) car had FE2 - the response I got back was a faxed handscribbled list of all of the options that the car had (sunroof, etc.), but no reference to the FE package!

Frost Cadillac - Salesperson was knowledgeable about the new model, very professional in the price negotiations and the dealership arranged financing that was .25% better than the best I could find after obtaining my own quotes online. A great buying experience.
  • letsgomets.. you said you leased your unit? What was the sticker and final price on which you based your lease payments? Thanks.
  • I live north of Boston...thank you for sharing your experience with different Cadillac dealers. Although I have not purchased a vehicle from Frost Cadillac, I have always been treated well when I was looking. How much over invoice did you pay? I am interested in the CTS4 with the Premium luxury collection package. Did you lease it?
  • news update: supply down, price up. thanks UAW
  • wardmwardm Posts: 23
    UAW will eventually kill the US automakers.
  • In case you are in the market for a CTS, there is one way to get a great deal considering the popularity of these new cars. Find a friend or family member who has a GM discount. I just shared my GM supplier (not as good as GM employee, but better than MSRP) with my neighbor last night. He said the salesman was just about to print the final paperwork when I text messaged him that I discovered that I could share my discount with "friends and family". He says it saved him around $4000! He was one happy neighbor! I just stumbled upon it when checking my supplier discount online. I've heard of people using the "friends and family" discount before, but I thought it was only for GM employees (which I'm not). Seems that occassionally GM allows suppliers to also share their discount like that. The program is called "GM Supplier Discount Plus" and is in effect now. The program allows an eligible gm supplier discount to be shared with up to 2 "friends and family" through October 31, 2007 with up to 6 months from getting the authorization to purchase. I'm not going to go through all the details here, but it seems this is a great opportunity for some to save a lot on a vehicle that otherwise could not be had for that price. Happy car shopping!!! :D
  • I purchased the '08 CTS, at approx $1k over invoice (3.6DI, AWD all options except spare tire). Frost arranged 36 month financing at 5.75% (the best I could find online was 5.99%).

I now have approx 500 miles on the car and am loving it. Excellent speech recognition for the audio and nav, great handling, looks sharp, I could go on and on.....