Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 2006+

Comments

• Can you buy the liquid glass in retail stores? Have you heard of P21S or some such product? I am considering buying this product, but I am a little leary of anything that is only sold via internet. A little less leary though since so many people have raved about it on this forum. I used Meguiar's carnuba and the call just looks great with this product.

I also agree with your comments on the 'exoticness' of the car. The longer I own this car the more and more I fall in love with it. Even standing still this car just looks like it's ready to rock!!!
  • WIth regards to the liquid glass, yes it is sold in retail stores. I bought mine at an Autozone that is near me. You may have a hard time finding the polish because the demand for it is crazy (at least in my area). Every store that i've called in regards to the polish says that it has ran out and is waiting for another shipment. If you can get your hands on it you'll love it. I just put it on my M less than an hour ago and when you run your fingers over the car it literally feels like slick glass. Its terrific and really brings out the paint. :)

Anyways after washing and polishing my M for 2 hours I'm ready to hit the streets and make some heads turn! :shades: have a great weekend M owners.
  • Hi all,

Very interested in M35 but don't want to overspend on option packages. Would love some thoughts on whether folks consider any/all worth the additional spend.

1) Sport package -- I prefer the aesthetics of sport (aluminum interior and bigger wheels), but any comments on the ride? I'll mostly be commuting -- probably prefer the smoother ride. Can you get aluminum/19" wheels as separate options without getting sport? Any comments on sport v standard suspension?

2) Journey and technology packages -- I primarily want the nav system. Is there any downside to buying nav as a standalone, and maybe an aftermarket stereo -- are there critical goodies i'd miss out on? What do folks consider most valuable in the journey/tech packages that make it worth spending $7k for these rather than $2k for nav system only.

Thanks so much!!!

Paul
  • blov8rblov8r Posts: 567
    I had a guy in a Mercedes C-230 (black on black) going in and out of lanes behind me trying to catch up to me just to get a look at my car. Once he eventually caught up to me, he practically extended his neck a few feet from his shoulders to gawk at my M35x (black on black) and he couldn't stop staring at it!!!

With that C230 he might have ogled a Yugo! He could have had the G35 and been a happier camper than he is right now. LOL
    Very interested in M35 but don't want to overspend on option packages. Would love some thoughts on whether folks consider any/all worth the additional spend.

Hi, Paul. I do the same kind of driving you do ... have sport, journey, tech, aero, in an M35. On harsh roads you'll get a little road noise, but overall the ride and handling are superb. I believe the aero adds to the appearance, and the tech package rounds out a great car that's fun to drive day in an day out. Irrespective of what you do you won't regret it ... but if you enjoy "driving" v. "riding/cruising" I'd recommend the sport package. The aesthetics are also very appealing.

Overall, I'm not a great fan of after-market stuff. Keep the warranty coverage simple.

Bart
  • Can you buy the liquid glass in retail stores? Have you heard of P21S or some such product? I am considering buying this product, but I am a little leary of anything that is only sold via internet. A little less leary though since so many people have raved about it on this forum. I used Meguiar's carnuba and the call just looks great with this product.

I also agree with your comments on the 'exoticness' of the car. The longer I own this car the more and more I fall in love with it. Even standing still this car just looks like it's ready to rock!!!

I have used the Liquid Glass sealant and P21S carnuba wax products. I used the Liquid Glass on my M3 (Alpine White) and what I noticed was this:

Easy on
    Easy off
    Good protection frm elements
    Graying of the paint after 1 1/2-2 months
    This "graying" was not permenant and could be removed with Liquid Glass pre cleaner. The graying was moe like off white.

I switched to the P21S carnuba wax and I found:
    Easy off
    Easy On
    Good protection from the elements
    Water beads up amazing and runns off the hood when parked in the driveway.
    Lasts 3 months so far on my M with good protection from stains droppngs and tar.

I will stick with the P21S for now.
  • This "graying" was not permenant and could be removed with Liquid Glass pre cleaner. The graying was moe like off white.

You had graying with your car? Are you sure that you removed all the polish on it? I have used this stuff for a while now and I haven't seen anything like that on my car, and my last car was very dark so I would have noticed something like that. Thanks for the input, it was a good comparison.

Brian.
  • Paul,

I've had the M35 sport with Journey package and Nav system for about a month now. The ride is smooth on maintained roads. Where there is construction or potholes, expect to feel them. As far as the suspension, I'm under the impression that there is no difference between the regular and sport packages.

I opted against the Tech package since the contents (Intelligent Cruise Control, Bose® Studio Surround™ sound system, Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, XM satellite radio) were not all that useful to my needs and would add another $2200 (MSRP) to the cost.

I'm not disappointed with the Journey sport and Nav. Good luck!

JJ
    I opted against the Tech package since the contents (Intelligent Cruise Control, Bose® Studio Surround™ sound system, Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, XM satellite radio) were not all that useful to my needs and would add another $2200 (MSRP) to the cost.

Well stated. I could live without them (Tech) easily enough, but I wasn't willing to wait three months to save the few bucks on my lease payments. I never use the LDW, find the ICC a nice gimmick on the highway but drive so little on the highway that I can live easily without it, etc. The premium sound is a +/- to me ... but again, from time to time I do enjoy it.

Bart
  • Paul,

I hav a M45 with Journey and Nav. The options are just right for me. I thought the extras on the tech were fairly superflous for me. However, if there is one regret, it is the sport package. I would have gotten it. When I drove the non-sport version, I thought it had the perfect combo of ride, handling and quietness. But I don't really like the appearance of the non sport wheels. Whenever I see a sport driving by, I have a pang of regret. I would have gotten the sport for the wheels alone. If I could get the non-sport with the sport wheels, I'd have done it in a heart beat.

Otherwise, the car is perfect.

Dave
  • mexibecmexibec Posts: 114
    Consider aftermarket wheels (cheap relative to the price of the car). I personally don't like the stock sport wheels (I bought base with chrome wheels), but I saw an M35 with some aftermarket wheels and it made the car look 10 times sportier.
  • varixvarix Posts: 72
    My 11 year old nephew got in my M35x for the first time yesterday and promptly told me that with all the tech stuff and gadgets that it seemed like one of James Bond's cars. I loved the comment since as a kid I adored JB's Aston Martin and would have killed for it. Sans the missiles, machine guns and ejector seat it is kinda like JB's car particularly the nav system, TV screen, silver color and scores of buttons. I have the premium package and being a gadgeteer I love all the stuff like LDW and smart cruise. It'd be fun to have the sport pkg and the tires are nice but on an icy and snowy day in Chicago those non-sport wheels on my AWD car will look really nice on the road instead of in a ditch. I had a RWD Supra and it was an absolute nightmare in the snow. I'll be interested in hearing how the Sport model fairs this winter in snowy north lands as they're predicting records snow fall this year! I can't wait for it!
  • I used P21S and loved it. It doesn't leave white residue and comes off reasonably easily. Don't be afraid to get it over the internet. I haven't used liquid glass.
  • Is there a more preferred/reliable website that sells this or are they all fairly reliable?
  • I went through the same deliberations when we purchased our M35x. Sport package was not an option for us - I wanted the 4WD capability for reliable traction in winter. If your doing mostly commuting it would seem to me that there will be less opportunity to really exercise the sport option on a regular basis. That's logic speaking and not emotion, however... :D

As for the option packages - I went for the Journey with the Nav system. I couldn't justify the other features in the Tech package and so far I have no regrets. If I had my druthers, I would have liked to see Inifiniti offer the 5.1 stereo upgrade also as a stand alone option.
  • Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the much-appreciated advice on M35 packages. Very helpful in thinking through the tradeoffs.

At this point I'm leaning towards Sport + Journey + Nav, but not full tech package. Will let you know when the dealin's done.

Paul
  • kfhmailkfhmail Posts: 199
    I like having a full size spare but I would prefer not to lose the space in the trunk...so...what do you think about this.

Go ahead and get the full size spare but do not store it in the trunk (keep it in the garage). Get a space saver to keep in the trunk. The option price for the full size spare is $300...so..$300 for a "spare" wheel and a "spare" tire sounds relatively cheap. If you were to accidently damage/ scratch a wheel, you would already have one. I do not believe you could by a new tire and wheel for anywhere close to $300.

Has anyone priced purchasing a space saver as an "extra" item?

Any comments pro or con??????
    A spare is a spare. When "S" happens, you'll need something round to get you from point "A" to point "B" to be resurrected. If the full size spare is in the garage, of what value is it? As useless as ants, roaches, maggots and fruit flies. Bart
  • oman9oman9 Posts: 97
    I think you're missing his point Bart. He'd have the space saver spare in his trunk AND the full size wheel/tire combo in his garage in case he damaged a wheel. So when S happens on the road, he throws on the space saver. When bigger S happens to a wheel, he's got one in inventory in his garage...at a relatively cheap price. He's essentially looking to buy insurance is how I see it and have more room in his trunk all along the way.
    I think you're missing his point Bart.

Very possibly. However, if he's prone to taking the car on long highway trips the limitations imposed by a space-saver tire would make it an immense inconvenience (speed, distance to travel, etc). If everything's relatively local, or if he's willing to swap the spares before heading to the highway, it can work. I have a full-size spare in my Sport and have remarkably good trunk capacity ... I would never consider having a space-saver. In any car. That's just me. Bart :shades: