Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 2006+

Comments

• scashman1scashman1 Posts: 10
    Undecided7,

Let me know the details of your Costco purchase or lease when it happens. I'm working on leasing a M35 Sport with Technology/Journey/Entertainment and have thought about Costco. If it works, I might give it a try.

The best I could do so far is MSRP of $50,830 and $749/month, 12K, 48 months, $0 down, taxes included. Thanks again.
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    Have you tried the G35? It uses the same engine and platform as the M, and comes in at $37K loaded.
  • scashman1, I will most likely order my M35x this week as I am waiting on the dealer to tell me what additional items come with the premium package for $9,047 vs. buying the journey and technology packages and adding the DVD mobile entertainment system for only $7,200 (thus saving about $1,800 bucks). As of now, the only 3 additional items that come with the premium package are the rear power sunshade, rear passanger HVAC controls and rear heated power seats. I'm not sure if these 3 items alone justify another $1,800 dollars so I've asked the dealer to tell me if there is anything else that the premium package comes with that I'm not aware of. In reading the brochure, this seems to be the only difference, but I'll let him get back to me.

To answer your question though, the details of the purchase are this: $51,283 + sales tax for the M35x with Premium package, splash guards, and trunk mat. Or an easier way to look at it would be $2,500 + invoice cost. You can find invoice prices at many places, but for Costco, it is at www.costcoauto.com and if you click on research, you will be able to see the invoice and MSRP pricing for almost any car.

I hope this helps. As stated above, I've finally made a decision and am going with the M35x. For this price I am getting a lot more for my money and it is much more FUN to drive than a Mercedes (the other car I was looking at). I don't need to impress anyone but myself and thus am going with the Infinit.
  • c327c327 Posts: 3
    What is the Costco Auto Program and how does it work? Is this Costco price a good price. Will dealers honor or beat this price?
    Thanks......
    Hello all,

I see folks here mention the Costco Auto Prices. How does these prices work? Are these Costco prices a good deal? Will dealers when confronted with the Costco price honor it.

Someone mentioned something about adding $2500 to the invoice price? Why $2500.?

How do I figure what the final price would be. The total invoice price of the car I priced out came to 41,379.00 with shipping but no tax.

Thanks............
    Ok so the Costco auto price is some where between invoice and MSRP. I ordered an M35 with the journey and navigation package and will be paying $2300 over invoice plus tax (no doc fees). I'm in New Jersey.

I did speak to one other Infiniti dealer and he said he sells them for full sticker price plus tax plus all that other stuff like doc fees etc.

This M35 that I am buying lists for $45,260. with shipping, plus tax and other fees. I will be paying $43,546.50 plus tax with no other fees. I do not belong to Costco and have no idea if this is a good price or not. I went for the deal because most dealers I spoke with get MSRP for this car.

Thanks.......
  • I just tested the M35x this weekend. Also tested the audi A6, Acura RL and Lexus GS300. Although the Lexus was an elegant ride, it was simply too sluggish compared to the rest. The Audi A6 (I drove the 6 cyl) was a nice ride, but also was far less lively than the M35x and RL. I am stuck between these two. Anyone care to opine on these two as a comparison? I need professional help!
  • Hi, I am in New Jersey as well and am very seriously shopping for a M35x. Do you mind telling me which dealer in NJ gave you this deal ($2300 over invoice.)

Thanks much.
  • kmg68kmg68 Posts: 108
    "As money is a big factor for me, I am wondering if any dealer really has base M35 which doesn't come with any package, so I can limit my spending to $40k for the car:

I know that my local dealership here in Atlanta has a base model-white w/tan leather on their lot. I believe this is the only base model they have.
  • I tested both this past weekend. My 8 year old liked the RL (back seat, but need more input :-). I found both cars to be an outstanding presentation of performance, technology and design. The RL includes everything...(I mean everything!)...there are not any real options available for the RL and it lists for about $49.7k. The M35x with the same equipment as the RL is about $54k list. I think I liked the M35x a little better as the engine was definitely more spunky with a higher torque and only slightly lower horsepower than the RL. I am not sure how you can deal these down in price, and what the residual values are for leasing purposes. I may buy, finance or lease depending on the deal....anyone care to opine in value between these two cars and the best deal to be had with Journey / technology packages
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,503
    The Infiniti Service and Maintenance Guide can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.infiniti.com/m/pdf/Infiniti_Service_Maintenance_Guide.pdf
    - Ray
    Seeing several differences between the 'free' (a.k.a. - included in purchase price) maintenance provided by Lincoln on my LS and Infiniti's approach . . .
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,071
    . . .my Audi (a 2003) has door locks that engage at about 12 - 15 mph and disengage then when I pull the key out of the ignition (or there is a switch that can do these things).

I have always liked the locks to lock automatically once the car is underway.

I read in this thread that the M's do not engage the locks when the car is put into gear. That would be fine with me -- but I would like them to lock once the car is underway.

Does the M support this. On the new A6, for instance, you can program the locks via the MMI to auto lock as I detailed.

What if any functions can be programmed or are standard on the "M"?

Thanks.
  • The Costco Auto program is simple. All you have to do is be a member (where I
    live it is $45 for a one year membership) and then call the 1-800 Costco Auto
    program telephone #. In as little as five (5) minutes, you will have the name of
    the closest dealer for the type of car you tell them you are interested in
    purchasing. Then the dealer will call you, in my case it was almost immediate.
    As far as invoice + $2,500, I'm not really sure if this is the same for all
    vehicles, but I do know that it is this for the Infiniti.

In my case, the dealer was very happy to honor it and said he just joined the
    Costco Auto program because this particular Infiniti Sales Manager saw the
    program as a huge success at the previous dealership he worked at. They have to
    honor the Costco pricing because apparently Costco has "stringent criteria" to
    qualify dealerships into the program and this particular dealer seemed to value
    the relationship very much and was very happy to be in the program because, as
    he said, it helps him build market share.

The particular dealer I'm referring to is Motorwerks in Barrington, IL.

As for pricing, yo uhave to take all the base price of the car + destination +
    all optional equipment to get to your final purchase price. All figures should
    be used from the "Invoice price" column on the costcoauto.com website as opposed
    to the MSRP column. As for price competition among dealers, I doubt you'll see
    them doing this now as most are getting MSRP, but it could happen down the road.
    Anything is possible. I suppose it will all depend on how the product moves off
    the lots.

I hope this is helpful to all.
  • londontlondont Posts: 2
    I test drove the M35 AWD two days ago. Of course, nobody told me about the problem of the lack of auto door locking, and I didn't notice it.
    I'd be curious as to how you enjoy driving that car after a few days, since I'm considering it as my number 1 choice compared to the Lexus ES330, the Lexus GS300, the Avalon XLS, or the Acura RL.
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    I wanted to get a Graphite exterior (darker silver) with Wheat/Rosewood interior. Unfortunately this combination is not readily available. It seems that Graphite exterior is generally matched with a black/rosewood interior in the M35. It is sometimes matched with the gray/aluminum interior but only in the M35 sport version.

I'm afraid to get the black interior because of the heat - live in Southern California, although the dealer says with the cooling seats this shouldn't be a problem. The gray interior is better although I would prefer the wood trim in lieu of the aluminum trim.

Anyone have any thoughts about the heat issue with the black interior and the rosewood versus aluminum trim. I'm not sure what other luxury brands do with regards to wood versus aluminum trim.

Thank you
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,071
    Do you like the black interior?

Personally, I think the heat is less of an issue than would be the appeal.

If it appeals to you, get it -- if not order exactly what you want.

Personally, I want the bourbon/rosewood interior.

Also, I wish Infiniti would expand their color choices to include a metallic "British" racing green -- with the bourbon interior that would be very appealing (to me).

As it stands, many car companies from all over the globe have gone from wood to aluminum to graphite to highly polished "grey" colored wood -- these "off walnut or rosewood" color schemes produced by the alum, graphite or grey wood are often in the "sporting" versions of cars -- sometimes alcantara, too, is substituted for some of the leather inserts (see Audi's S4 for example).

Do you like it?

The seats and the interior will challenge the A/C -- but the challenge may be the addition of another 30 seconds from too hot to tolerable.

I, literally, wouldn't sweat it. Get it?

I crack myself up.
  • richcreamrichcream Posts: 205
    drtravel,

- Black leather will get hot in the sun, cooled seats or not.
    - Get what you prefer. You're the one who will have to look at it every day, so just make sure you like it.

Personally, I prefer the rosewood with the black, but then again, I live in NY and won't have to deal with the SoCal sun. Either way, whether you take what is readily available or wait for yours to be custom-built, you're gonna get a great looking interior.

Good luck, and let us know what you finally settle on.
  • richcreamrichcream Posts: 205
    What dealership did you deal with?

I am in NY and there are no dealerships that participate in the Costco Auto Program pricing, so it looks like I'll have to go to New Jersey for it, but it sounds like you got a better deal without it.

Your help is appreciated, as MSRP and not a penny less is the price in NY. THANKS.
  • hihomikehihomike Posts: 111
    Yes there is. At my dealership, we have two of them, and both sticker for about 40,290. There aren't very many of them around, but we have two such vehicles.

I would suggest that you add the journey package for 2700 so you get heated/air-conditioned seats, electrochromatic mirrors, bose stereo system, Homelink (garage door opener), adaptive xenon headlights (move in direction of your turn), and several other nice features.

If you are buying, this will add value when you trade the vehicle as base models will lost more value.

Good luck,
  • cybersolcybersol Posts: 91
    The M35x with the same equipment as the RL is about $54k list.

When I compared the two feature for feature I got different results from you. Here is a rundown of the two vehicles similarly equipped with the main feature differences listed:

Acura RL
    *Onstar, Traffic Link, Power Rear Sunshade, 17" wheels, Heated 8/4-way power seats (thus no height adjustment on passenger seat)
    MSRP Price $49,470

Infiniti M35 AWD with Journey, Nav, and Sat
    *Rear View Camera, 18" wheels, Climate Controlled (Heated and Cooled) 10/6 way power seats
    MSRP Price $48,110

Or if you want to blow away the features of the RL, then you could get the Journey and Tech packaged M35x for $49,960. This would add the top of the line speaker system, the intelligent cruise, and the lane departure warning system (the last two options are not even available on the RL).
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,579
    We're still enjoying the new M35 sport tremendously. So far, no issues other than what my previous post indicatied.

To each is own regarding the "M" vs. the RL. (I already made my decision.)

BTW, I was considering the GS, 530i, STS, A6 vs. the RL.
  • bvteshbvtesh Posts: 8
    I am in the market for these two cars + Lexus GS AWD and the due to arrive BMW 530xi. While the M35x has great features, an Acura generally has better resale value, if that matters at all. If you can wait, BMW is due out next month.
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    Yeah $54K seemed a bit lofty to me. Doesnt the M require the premium to go above $52?

Bvtesh, since when does the RL have better residual than the M? Last time I checked, one car can command MSRP, and one cant. When you're selling at a discount, thats going to hurt residuals, plain and simple.
  • kfhmailkfhmail Posts: 199
    I wanted the rear sunshade, but I do not have any desire for the rear seat dvd entertainment center. (premium package)

It "seems" that it would be "logical" if the dvd entertainment center/system would be available via an option with only itself. I can see where it would be nice to have if you have kids, but I would also think that it would probably be the least requested of all the options over all. Many people would like the rear sun shade.

The rear sunshade should be available with the journey package or as standard equipment.
  • jrock65jrock65 Posts: 1,371
    "It "seems" that it would be "logical" if the dvd entertainment center/system would be available via an option with only itself."

It is available by itself, I think.
  • sdcalsdcal Posts: 16
    After weeks of research, the M45 seems to be the car for me. Still undecided between the Sport and non-Sport. Interestingly enough, the two salesmen that I have spoken to have "casually" tried to steer me toward the M35??? I am guessing that there's lower maargins on the M45, but can't say for sure.

Any guesses why the Infiniti salesmen might favor the M35?

Also, it seems that the Tech package is pretty steep versus going with the Journey package and adding the Nav. system (saving $2700). The 5.1 stereo is nice, but do I really want to buy a whole new collection of DVD-A's???
  • docnukemdocnukem Posts: 485
    The Tech package also adds satellite radio, intelligent cruise control, and the jury-is-still-out lane departure warning system.
    "When you're selling at a discount, thats going to hurt residuals, plain and simple."

FYI...although I have decided against the Acura and am favoring the M35 or the GS300, the dealerships here in Atlanta are not budging much from MSRP. I am interested to see what happens next year with pricing for all three models.......
    "The rear sunshade should be available with the journey package or as standard equipment."

I am so glad to hear that someone else feels this way. I know many people do not feel the sunshade is a big deal, however I live in Atlanta and it gets very hot, so this would be a nice feature. I don't understand why Infinity did not offer the Sunshade as a stand-alone option or include it in one of the other packages.

I too, am not interested in the DVD Entertainment system or some of the other options in the Premium package...I would be happy with Journey and Tech packcages-just wish I could get the sunshade too!
    "It is available by itself, I think."

I know the DVD Entertainment is available on it's own, however the Sunshade is not.....