Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti M35/M45 2006+

Comments

• Options
    markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    They ARE for sale at Costco and on the Internet. If you are looking to establish a relationship with a dealer "for life" you will get something off. MSRP -$2000 is not that difficult.

Or put it this way, pick an Invoice Plus number and make an offer. If they say no, move on -- I got mine on the WWW. I can't tell you where but it was from Denver and I live in Cincinnati -- my pick up point is Columbus -- some 90+ miles away.

The catch is you have to order the car -- wait time is about 100+ days from THE FIRST OF THE MONTH.

I consider this a good thing.
  • Options
    sdcalsdcal Member Posts: 16
    I live in S. CA and the Costco dealer showed me a document that stated MSRP less $100. That's NOT a typo, $100. He said it was a joke and that he'd do better for me. I thought it was a 'joke' too, and went to a different dealer and ended up getting a lease at $2677 off MSRP on a M45 Sport (tech & journey). No ordering, no waiting. I picked up the car the following day (fresh off the trusk). This was on a 42 month lease, 57% residual and .00192 money factor (~ 4.6 APR). As with any car, there are deals to be had...
  • Options
    blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    That's weird! I lived in the Chicago "burbs" for 15 years and everything new showed up there first ... before my friends in Philly and NY saw them in real life. Infiniti M-car sales/orders are reported to be way ahead of expectations. If not an ordered unit, every unit that shows up here goes out the door within 48 - 72 hours. And here in Tucson, I've yet to see the new Lexus GS on the road. That aside, those numbers may be fudged on a national basis.. The car's terrific ... but appeals to a very different clientele from Lexus and that's the biggest competitor. The "soft and squishy" crowd will never embrace Infiniti ... those who enjoy a car that's nimble and handles like a 4,000 pound sports car will not enjoy Lexus. Then there are those who've learned to revere Lexus for the last 15 years and buy the badge ... nothing else.
  • Options
    bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    "Those turn signals are the loudest I have ever heard."

Then no one driving an M should ever be accused of making an eventual left/right. I've seen enough people with their turn signal on for 5 miles that it might be a good thing.

That said, turn up the music as I do and you won't even notice they are there.
  • Options
    johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    Is the volumn on the turn signal and LDW adjustable? Mine do not seem loud at all.
  • Options
    docnukemdocnukem Member Posts: 485
    I agree that when I TEST DROVE the M, I did notice that the signals were louder than typical (but they have a different sound than the typical signal). After driving for only a few hours (in city traffic), I didn't even notice them. Now after 600 some miles, I like them. I would hope turn signals would not make or break such a fabulous car for someone (I would call that picky), but that is MHO.

The LDW chimes are a little different. I don't mind them, but they haven't grown on me. I notice that when driving on a two-lane road into the setting sun, they go off randomly (which is annoying), probably as stated above from light reflecting on road imperfections. The other time where they are noticeable and somewhat unwanted is when passing something on the shoulder (or a runner or cyclist) when I only pull part way over. I usually don't use my signals for this. Maybe I just need to train myself.
  • Options
    drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    I also live in So. Cal and finally bought from Tustin Infiniti (internet department) yesterday.

M35 with journey and a few small items - MSRP was $43,660, invoice $39,986
    I paid $1,900 over invoice (or $1,774 off MSRP although I would not use this as a comparison value - higher priced cars $1,900 over invoice would have a much higher off MSRP value but not really be better deals - always go from invoice up). With a $600 security deposit got a 0.00175 money factor (about 4.2% APR) for a 42 month, 15K miles lease (residual 57%). Lease worked out to $562.03 including taxes. Without the security deposit the money factor would have been 0.00190 (about 4.56% APR) and a $572.83 payment. I thought paying a refundable $600 deposit was worth saving $453 over the lease term.

They paid me $3,800 for my $3,400 (Kelly Blue Book trade-in value) 1992 151K mileage car. I tried selling my car with no success. I could tell they were not really interested in making this part of the deal so I guess you could say I paid $1,500 over invoice but it's really hard to tell.

PS. No more inventory reports from me!!
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    No more inventory reports, darn!

Enjoy the car!
  • Options
    cparnescparnes Member Posts: 5
    Just picked up my M35x journey tech Diamond Graphite 4 days ago Love it.
    I bought it off the dealer lot $1500 off list. I went on the infiniti web site and searched for the car I wanted at dealers with in 75 miles. I sent a request for a quote to several dealers stating I was interested in purchasing a car with in the coming week. Got an email response from one dealer in 2 days for price 1500 below MSRP. It is very easy to request a quote for a vehicle in inventory. I don't know if this will work in your area but in Philly it was not difficult. Good luck.
  • Options
    prophetprophet Member Posts: 72
    Is it just me or is the engine oil level hard to check with the contorted dipstick? Certainly seems to be a challenge in the dark. Any suggestions? Otherwise, an outstanding car.
  • Options
    zub3qinzub3qin Member Posts: 7
    I live in Philly and I was offered $500 off MSRP from a local dealer. (internet email quote request)

Would you mind telling me or pointing me in the general direction of a dealer that I could get 1500 below from? I am looking for M35x with Journey and Tech. Also, do you find it difficult to get a car from a dealer that isn't your local dealer, in terms of service, loaner cars, etc?

Also, what are your thoughts on color choices? I was thinking of Umbria- but I like all the silvers as well- any reason you picked Diamond Graphite over the others?/

Thanks and congrats on your purchase!
  • Options
    perfecto1perfecto1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys so finally i went to the dealer to do the dealing this saturday. Sat down with the manager test drove the sport and awd, and ended up choosing the AWD because i live in ny. My car is JOURNEY/TECH with splash guards, spoiler, for $46,900. I am buying the car and was wondering if that is a good price?

I am additionaly getting the upgraded alarm system for 399 with window tinting for 395 and the rubber mats for 99. Thats an additional 893 which hoping to bring down to 850. Anyway the problem is that at first i had the guy down to 46500 for a car on the lot, but since i wanted twlight and graphite interior and was not willing to budge he bumped the price to 46900 so his manager would accept and said he would find the car near conn or nj area or around in LI and some ("mature driver would drive it here unless i wanted to pay 500 min for a flat bed to bring it here).... i realize that the 610 destination charge is for a truck to bring your car from manufacturer to dealership but he said he doesn't have that in his inventory although they clamied to be the BIGGEST INVENTORY DEALERS in NY (competition infiniti to be exact) anyway he said the car will be driven from where ever they can get it from and promised their wont be more than 120 miles on it when i take deleivery and it will take a week to get..... DO YOU GUYS THING THAT IS REASONABLE? he said that all the plastics will be on the car and nothing to worry about.....

I am having second thoughts that the destination charge covers the trip to the dealer and so why should i take a car that has 100 miles at least on it because i am not paying double the destination charge 610 that was included in my PHENOMENAL deal plus another 500 for flat bed, i think thats a ripp off so to say. I would rather wait until he has it in stock and then take delivery of a car that has 10 -20 miles on it .... what do you guys think.... any input...?????
    Edit/Delete Message
  • Options
    apintsapints Member Posts: 18
    I also live in Philly and got $1500 off sticker from Infiniti of English Creek (outside A.C.) I did not mind the hour drive to save $1500. BTW, I also got a M35X Dimond Graphite with Journey and Tech
  • Options
    Nor do mine. I actually find the turn signal "perfect" ... unobtrusive, yet there to remind me it's on. I'm getting accustomed to the LDW ... just find it a bit annoying from time to time. I can live with it ... everything else about the M-car is so great and it's so much fun to drive I will forgive a couple of minor transgressions ... like doors not locking automatically. The silly part of this latter affair is they had to make a conscious effort to DELETE something already built in to their wiring harness.
  • Options
    kfhmailkfhmail Member Posts: 199
    Hey,

I have written a letter to Infiniti Consumers Affairs expressing my wish that the powered rear sun shade should be easier to get.

I gave three suggestions for being able to get the rear sun shade without having to buy the premium/entertainment option package:

1. Make the powered rear sun shade part of standard equipment

2. Make the rear sun shade part of the "Journey" option package

3. Make the rear sun shade available as a stand alone option.

IMO it would be easy to make the changes during the current model year, no need to wait for 2007. Maybe this could be a 2006 1/2 similar to the 2003 1/2 G35 when Infiniti made a few minor changes during the current model year.

This makes sense to me. It appears most people will get at least the journey package, so if Infiniti added it to the journey option package, there would be a few more dollars that Infiniti would make.

Again my first choice would be to make it standard equipment (like the RL), but realistically they could very easily add it to the journey package.

There are at least 3 good reasons to get the rear sunshade:

1. Make the back seat passengers more comfortable on hot sunny days
    2. Make the interior "a little" cooler when parked in the sun
    3. Protect the rear inside from sun damage (fading...)

My letter will "probably" not make any difference to Infiniti, but it will not hurt either.

So...the more letters the better if you agree with me.

Also, I suggested they make the aluminum/metal trim available as an option on the non-sport and M35x models.

Infiniti Consumer Affairs
    P.O. Box 191
    Gardena, CA 90248
    9:00am - 6:00pm Eastern / Central Time
    8:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time
  • Options
    zub3qinzub3qin Member Posts: 7
    Considering that you are getting $3500 off MSRP (your car should be about $50,400 or so.) I'd say you got a deal. I can only get the dealers to quote me a price of $500 below MSRP. Are you sure you aren't being quoted the M35 (not M35x)? Where are you getting this deal? I want the same price!

I would let them drive the car-- I wouldn't care about the 120 miles on the car at delivery. Just make them wash and detail it when they get it to your local dealer.

Also, what do the splash guards look like? I was going to get the spoiler also, but I can't find a picture anywhere with the M35 with a spoiler-- how do you know what it looks like? Finally, what are your thoughts on tinting? How much tint is classy, and how much pushes you over into rap star mode?
  • Options
    johnhwjohnhw Member Posts: 111
    I finally got a chance to push my M45 sport yesterday. I cant believe how quick it is off the line as well as how strong it was at 100 mph. By strong I mean how responsive the throttle is even at that speed. Has anyone had a chance to push theres too?

The tires are W rated while my older Q45's have V rated tires. Does anyone know the difference in W and V rated? Also what is the top end speed of the M45, does anyone know that?
  • Options
    marko7marko7 Member Posts: 63
    In the DC area, there are very few M35x's with Tech and Journey but not the full-size spare tire (eats up a lot of trunk space). Because of that, a dealer offered to only take the destination charge off of MSRP. A slightly bigger discount was to be had for a car with Crimson Red exterior color that appears to be less popular. Any opinions on the Serengeti Sand with Wheat--is it too "golden" in appearance?
  • Options
    perfecto1: I can help you with this. My M35 Sport has the "aerodynamic body kit" w/ spoiler and what you're referring to as splash guards ... we used to call them "ground effects". I don't know how to attach pictures of my M-car to this thread but I will be happy to attach them to an e-mail if you'll write me an e-mail at: bartonlyle@aol.com or: bartonlyle@yahoo.com

(This offer is open to all here ... I've already sent pix to a doctor in Ohio who inquired here a few days ago.)

I can help with the tint question as well. My windows are tinted and (IMO) it ENHANCES the appearance of the car. It does NOT push you into "rap star mode". That's NOT why I had it done ... I live in Arizona and tinting here is a matter of universal self-preservation for the six hot months of the year. In some states tinting is illegal ... so if you opt to do it be certain you'll not run afoul of your local laws. Bart
  • Options
    If that's accurate you've all but stolen the car and if I were you I'd accept the 120 miles, or if you'd feel better, go pick it up and drive it home yourself. I thought I got a great deal at $2,500 off MSRP for the identically equipped car ... you're getting at least $1,000 more off on yours if it's a legit deal through to delivery. Bart
  • Options
    nofearsnofears Member Posts: 6
    I have not noticed any caller IDs coming through when I get a call while driving. However, I did notice that when my wife called me from home that it did say "private". I still have not had the chance to read all of my manuals completely yet so I do not know half of the capabilites of all my car's features.

When I call out from the car I just hit the button on the SW and speak the number, however I am sure that I could insert a "nametag" such as "home" to that number so all I would have to say is "home" next time. I just haven't gotten to that point yet. I do beleive that you are correct as far as Verizon NOT allowing the phonebook from your cell to be transferred to the vehicle...but again I have NOT gotten that far. I think that if Verizon will support features such as transferring the phone books once they have enough call from customers for that. All this new Bluetooth car technology is so new that it will take sometime for both car manufacturers and wireless companies to get on the same page so that all features work flawlessly. The fact that my current carrier supported a phone with that feature that Infinity said would work with the Bluetooth technology in my M35 was all I needed.

As far as the model of my car IT IS a Sport. The 19" chromes came from the dealer. They had jacked up another M to take its wheels as "cores" to the plater and then they just swapped them out once they were finished.

I think that the stock wheels "especially in chrome" look very unique and that there was no need to upgrade them at all. I would not want to go to anything larger (20's for instance) since it would deteriorate the ride quality. In my opinion the 19's give the M35 Sport the "perfect match" for handling and ride quality, as well as look.
  • Options
    pete_l_ppete_l_p Member Posts: 322
    ---------------------
    The car's terrific ... but appeals to a very different clientele from Lexus and that's the biggest competitor. The "soft and squishy" crowd will never embrace Infiniti
    ---------------------

Although one really can't disagree with the statement as it's worded, I strongly disagree with the implication. Namely that most former Lexus owners got Lexus mainly because they prefer soft and cushy and therefore will not appreciate the M.

That may be true for some, but there are several other reasons why people get lexus and many do so despite soft and cushy. I've owned several LS400's and an LS430 and since moved to a 2003 Q45. I've always gotten lexus for two reasons, neither of which being a preference for soft and cushy. 1) I place a high priority on, and have enormous respect for, high quality and reliability, and would personally feel foolish making numerous trips to the shop with an extremely expensive car, when I could have had a lexus. 2) The range of lexus electronics systems and interior features have always been so much more refined and feature rich, making BMW and MB seem so deprived.

Now with Infiniti I can get the best of all worlds. Great reliability, incredibly rich and satisfying electronics, and finally, handling that is enormously responsive and fun to drive. I believe many former Lexus owners will feel similarly.

Pete
  • Options
    logan2logan2 Member Posts: 5
    My M45 arrives in a week. Didn't get the Sport model because a bit too stiff on bad Oregon roads. However, I want to add some visual 'muscle' to the car without going overboard for a 50-year old.

1) What does the aero kit look like on an actual car? The photo in the Infiniti catalog is hard to make out detail.

2) I'm thinking of Antera 323 wheels. Any pros/cons?

3) Any other after-market accessories on the market yet?

-Logan
  • Options
    prophetprophet Member Posts: 72
    Amen brother. I have an LS430 and now an infiniti M35. As they say, the best of all worlds.
  • Options
    yeagerdayeagerda Member Posts: 16
    V - 150
    W - 169
    Y - 188
    ZR - above 150 mph

see for example http://www.tireguides.com/tip2.html
  • Options
    jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    I've been looking at heavily hail damaged cars in Austin and I wondered what kind of discount they bring. You said that you got $3k off of sticker? To clarify is that $3k below MSRP? What model did you get?
  • Options
    jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    If I may ask, what kind of discount can one expect when there is no hail damage?
  • Options
    docnukem ... I'm getting the sense that there are a few docs on this thread. You wouldn't happen to be in rad onc or nuc med, would you? Seems a logical fit to me. Bart (aka, OLDIDR)
  • Options
    Fortunately, for buyers today it looks like 5% discounts should be readily found. Unfortunately for us, resale will suffer. Lexus will NOT discount (at least here in Tucson). More reason to lease, IMO. Let the company suffer the long term abuse. But maybe it all comes out in the wash. PS: I've just gotten the shakes ... didn't have a chance to drive my M-car today! Withdrawal is painful. Bart
  • Options
    proeproe Member Posts: 157
    I am not worry that much about the gas price as it seems like gas price is falling down.
    However, I do find the below info in the manual somewhat disturbing.
    In the manual, it says "In order to maintain engine and exhaust system durability and performance, unleaded premium gasoline with an octane rating of at least 91 AKI number MUST be used." Also, in case of 91 or better is not available, you should do the followings. "Have the fuel tank filed only partially with unleaded regular gasoline, and fill up with unleaded premium gasoline as soon as possible. Avoid full throttle driving and abrupt acceleration."
    While for V6, the manual says, "Use unleaded regular gasoline with an octane rating of at least 87 AKI number. For improved vehicle performance, INFINITI RECOMMENDS the use of unleaded premium gasoline with an octane rating of at least 91 AKI number."
    In other words, for V6 you have a choice of using either 87 or better while for V8, you must use 91 or better.
    I think about what if you run of of gas while the nearby gas station does not have 91 or better, and the next gas station is like 100 miles away. If you are driving a V8, then you are screwed really bad if the road condition requires you to use full throttle, while if you are driving a V6, you would feel glad because you can still drive your car as usual.
    I decided to get a M35 AWD instead of M45 Sport partially for the above reason.
    I just thought the requirement of different gas grade for V6 and V8 is something that is quite interesting and people may not know.
  • Options
    bsc1bsc1 Member Posts: 32
    Does anybody know if there's a residual value on the M35x yet?
  • Options
    2bdriven2bdriven Member Posts: 16
    jmaxe -

They were firm on MSRP. After pulling some teeth and buying it on the last day of the month I got $1000 off MSRP (better than nothing). They really need to loosen up on the price because they are not flying out the door. Maybe they like holding on to their inventory.
  • Options
    Logan ... my offer stands. e-mail me at bartonlyle@aol.com and I'll send you a picture of my M-car w/ aero kit. Barton
  • Options
    ljwalters1ljwalters1 Member Posts: 294
    " If you are driving a V8, then you are screwed really bad if the road condition requires you to use full throttle"

Seriously, now - what road conditions REQUIRE you to go full throttle? I don't think your scenario is very realistic. Still, if the V6 gives you peace of mind, it's well worth it.
  • Options
    I got $2K off -- on an Internet purchase! Your deal sounds great. The 120 miles would not deter me.
  • Options
    There is a picture of the rear deck-lid spoiler (and the ground effects/Aero package) on a M in the brochure. The spoiler is a slightly upturned "lip" on the trunk lid -- very much understated.

The splash guards are probably worthwhile from a paint preservation point of view, espcially if you live in one of the states that still applies molten tar to the secondary roads and then covers the wet, hot tar with medium sized gravel. Either the tar or the stones would be somewhat, I would suspect, prevented from hitting the car's body (as much).

How much, again, are the "splash guards" installed? Pictures of SPLASH guards, not the Aero package, please.
  • Options
    docnukemdocnukem Member Posts: 485
    Mark:

Don't you think the pictures of the splash guard included on Infiniti's site is adequate, or do you think that is a different guard incorporated into the aero kit? If you haven't seen it, go to "build your M" and click on the small pop-up window icon next to the splash guard listed in the add-on accessories. I believe the picture of the guard is taken from the front driver-side wheel (on a car with the aero kit).
  • Options
    kmg68kmg68 Member Posts: 108
    I live in Atlanta and usually everyting "new" shows up quickly on the streets here as well. However, I have only seen onn GS300 and one M35 on the road. Not sure if they are selling here as quickly as they anticipated. This is usually a hot market for new cars-especially luxury/sports oriented sedans.

As a sidenote, I went to the Atlanta Auto show this weekend and noticed one more thing about the M35 that I like better than the GS. The wood on the GS is glossy and showed every single fingerprint-it looked horribe. The wood in the M35 however looked awesome-no fingerprints!
  • Options
    my45my45 Member Posts: 26
    My M45 came with splash guards from the factory at the price of $120. I don't know how much to add them afterwards. I'll take some pictures later tonight or tomorrow morning. I think they are very well done with factory matched paint. I would have posted sooner but my car has been in the shop for several days. :sick:

As for another post stating M withdrawal after not driving the car for a day, well I've been without my M since thursday of last week! Now that is withdrawal! :cry:

Details of my problem if you are interested. After 5 days of ownership and 400 miles I started noticing some smoke coming from under the vehicle. I thought it was related to the exhaust coating burning off, but under closer inspection I noticed some oil dripping! There was no other indication of a problem. The engine was still running great and there were no indicators on the dash. I immediately took the car in and they later managed to find a leak after using some special dye. The main seal at the back of the engine was defective and it should be replaced today. I'm hoping they didn't have to pull the engine to do this. I plan on asking when I pick it up later today.

So do I get a cookie for having the worst problem yet with an M? :)
  • Options
    jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    I agree about the wood. At first, I was skeptical, but the matte finish of the wood in the M has a more natural and warm feel, whereas the glossy finish in the GS seemed fake and plasticky, relatively speaking.
  • Options
    lawdawgmilawdawgmi Member Posts: 62
    Hello all. OK--I just picked up my new M35x, now I need the Bluetooth phone. I am in Michigan and have Verizon service, which is great from a quality standpoint; however, the available phones generally suck. Verizon offers the most vanilla, utilitarian bunch of cell phones of any of the major carriers. For that reason only, I am considering switching to a new carrier.

Before I do, I have some questions for those in the know on the Bluetooth/M35 issue:

1. Is it true that Verizon does not permit the tranference of a phone address book into the M35 system? What's the story there? What is the real-life, practical effect of this? What are the ins and outs of the advantages to having the address book accessible versus not accessible?

2. Some have commented that the Treo 600 or 650 (I can't remember which) doesn't work with the M35 Bluetooth--what's the deal there?

3. To any fellow Michiganians: any input you can give me relative to your experiences with non-Verizon carriers and phones would be much appreciated.

4. Are there any particular phones/services to avoid altogether relative to the M35?

5. Any input on the M35 Bluetooth vis a vis cell phones would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. I'm coming off of a BMW X5 that I really enjoyed but I feel like a new man in this car. It's great..
  • Options
    realty_prorealty_pro Member Posts: 85
    Congrats to the M-45! The hands down winner in its class. Infiniti is moving on up. :)
  • Options
    I think you are pretty lucky to even see one GS300 and one M35 on the road. I live at San Diego, and I have not even seen any of new GS or M on the road :cry:

"The wood on the GS is glossy and showed every single fingerprint-it looked horrible. The wood in the M35 however looked awesome-no fingerprints!" Could that be no one checked out the wood in the M35 :)
  • Options
    maplemanmapleman Member Posts: 19
    I am currently a cingular customer (previously AT&T wireless - pre merger) -When my M35X arrives I plan to take advantage of all the 30 day trial periods offered by cellular carriers for blue tooth. Once I have tried them out then I will switch my service - until then I am sticking with what I have regardless of what the salesman say. I am going to start a new service plan rather than switching as once you switch - their answer to switching back is normally "we don't offer that program anymore"
  • Options
    davido3davido3 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know if you can purchase options through the parts department to add to your car? For example, can you purchase the equipment for the rear sushade or the heated/cooled seats to add to an M35 that currently does not have these options?
  • Options
    You definitely get a cookie not only for having worst problem so far, but for sharing with us.

I don't think I will even tell that to any one as I would be really upset as I feel like the dealership "intentionally" sold me the car that has problem.

I hope this is the only problem you are going to see.
    Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Lawdawg: I can't address/answer all your questions, but clearly Bluetooth technology is a potential thorny issue. I use Sprint, have for years, and they have only one phone that's allegedly Bluetooth ready. They told me (this past weekend) that the phones that are presently available for Bluetooth are very basic and not fully compatible with most car systems. They also said newer technology will be included in the new phones coming out this summer. My Infiniti salesman told me that the compatible cell phones for my car are all shown on the Infiniti website ... I looked and couldn't find them. I would strongly recommend that a trial period be agreed upon before making a commitment to avoid being burned. Bart
  • Options
    GS wood is high gloss, hence the fingerprints. M-car wood is matte, hence no prints.
  • Options
    kmg68kmg68 Member Posts: 108
    "Could that be no one checked out the wood in the M35 "

LOL-actually, here were tons of people checking out the new M-I wish they would have had one wiht the Burbon interior but no such luck!
  • Options
    The Infiniti website does contain bluetooth content -- FYI. Here is the URL.

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,sctid-52062_rtc-l07mbluetooth,00.html