Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• brew99brew99 Posts: 86
    Bobble/Gords,

Are you guys both happy with the Nav option now that you have had the car for a while?

When I priced mine out last year, it came to about a $4400 Cdn difference in price given the difference in discounts and then applicable taxes on top. I am tempted however to pop in to the dealer and see what it would cost me to swap out my 04 for an 05 with Navi and in Anthracite (which is now available in AT).....just for fun.....don't tell my wife.....
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    brew, to be honest, since I have been driving almost exclusively within the city of Vancouver, I have not really needed to use the Nav, except for fun! When I ventured out occasionally, into some of the suburbs like Surrey, New Westminster, etc. then I have used it. And so far it has performed as promised, albeit under limited circumstances.
  • hi. I bought an '05 non navg auto after a many months search considering 1. a immaculate 02 tls w/ 32k miles, 2. a loaded nice 03 tls w/ 37k miles, 3 a new 04 tl auto at invoice,and then finally my white tl auto. Each car was terrific in its way, but I decided to buy for a keeper to have for 8 yr or more. And the pricing at Lindsay Acura of Columbus and Cleveland Acura was very accomodating.
    My major focus this 3rd day of ownership is learning the audio system. Later I'll work on the drive by wire! Today at least I got the garage door to operate!
  • This audio system is still a challenge! ONe of the Cd's is not being recognized (played) and I also haven't figured out how to take them out! Where do you put the quarters to play them?
  • I picked up my '05 abyss blue pearl auto with navi Saturday from Jones Acura in Lancaster, PA. They gave me a great deal & were exremely easy to deal with. I still have to master the finer points of the navi system, but it got me back to the DC metro area through a sudden storm around Baltimore Saturday afternoon. My current issue is finding a blue tooth phone that works with Verizon, or consider switching services.
  • I have not purchased a TL yet but I have negotiated a price on a silver/black interior 2001 model at our local Accura dealer. My concern after doing a bit of reading on the internet is the transmission. Is this likely to be a problem with this model year? It is a great car and I have taken it on a couple of test drives. I really like it but of course it is out of warranty and a transmission failure would be a disaster.
    Check to see whether they've extended the warranty on the transmission. They did on my '01 CL-S
  • I have a 99 tl and an 04 tl. The radio in the 04 is FABULOUS. First check out XM Radio. Then go invest in some dvd audio cds. I load the cd changer or settle in to xm74 and I'm good for 3 or 4 hundred miles. I don't know how they could have improved on the '04, but let me tell you that this car ROCKS. It just about drives itself, takes off like a bullet and gets damn near 30 mpg on the road, use high test gas there is a difference. I bought the 04 for my wife the first week they came out. I gave the '99.

PS my other car is a 50th anniversary vette convertible with a six speed. I have trouble deciding which car to drive.

liscaprez
    Where did you go to find DVD-audio disks?
  • monzimonzi Posts: 4
    Bought my 2004 TL in March 04 and I love it... Have 7200 miles on it with only a few comments. 1) Slight vibration at 1500RPM, can feel it in the steering wheel and the gas pedal 2) the driver side door bumps inward when I roll down my window and 3) I've had a few of the plastic covers pop off the interior of the car, easy to pop back on but at this price I wouldn't expect it.
    Now, what I like: 1) acceleration above 3500rpm, yehaaa 2) DVD audio and even regular CD's sound awesome in this system 3) comfort for everyone, front and back 4) Fit and finish on the inside and outside is great, thought it would have been nice to have a 60/40 split fold down rear seat 5) acceleration above 3500rpm, yehaa 6) XM radio - variety, station 150 comedy 24/7... 7) I've averaged 24.5 mpg in most driving conditions, that's great for this kind of performance car 8) standard road side assistance, I've used it once when I got a flat, I was back on the road in less than 40 minutes.
    Over all I really like the car and I enjoy getting in it each and every time.
    Fry's Electronics has a good selection and so does Best Buy. There just isn't a huge selection as of yet...

Fry's online: http://www.frys.com/
    Monzi
    Ronaries10,
    If you haven't figured it out yet, when you are playing a CD push the button on the right had side of the CD slot... That will eject the CD that is being played. Also, I found that if a CD has a lot of graphics on it, it might be just high enough to cause the CD not to be recognized. Many players have very tight tolerances; even putting a label on a CD might cause it not to play because it's too thick...
    Hope that helps.
    Monzi
    Brew99,
    The Navi is worth it... It's easy to use. We use it a lot to find restaurants in areas of Phoenix that we are not familiar with, Phoenix is a huge area... I have a 04' Lexus RX330 with Nav and the Acura Nav is much easier to use, hands down...
    Monzi
  • I've jsut got my first acura TL 6sp non navi(Abyss blue pearl). And I love the car.

Great ride :)
    Congrats! Beautiful color too!
  • The only one currently is the Motorola V710. It is a camera phone too, and is currently free on the internet through cellularchoices.net. It is $250 if you go through Verizon.
  • wmjwmj Posts: 6
    I have had my 05 TL (Red/Parchment) for 2 weeks now. Love the Car! There are so many features! I use my cell phone a lot and the bluetooth is awesome. I can't believe it when I see other TL's with the driver holding a phone to their ear. The only bad thing about the bluetooth is that it mutes the stereo while using it. Love the XM and the Navi too!

Unfortunately I was at the car wash last weekend and one of the vacuum hoses fell out of it's connection and struck the drivers door, scratching it.(They are paying to repair it).

Bill
    "The only bad thing about the bluetooth is that it mutes the stereo while using it."

Wouldn't that be a good thing, maybe even a necessary feature? Even if you can hear the other party, they may not be able to hear you if the stereo is blaring in the background, especially since there are 3 speakers right under the mic for the bluetooth.
  • wmjwmj Posts: 6
    I meant that to mean that you have two great features but you can only use one at a time. <grin> I have been cutting my phone conversations short so I can listen to the stereo.
  • anyone heardo of a Blue TL with black interior? I have seen ones with grey interiors, but I prefer the black.
This discussion has been closed.