Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    When I moved from the suburbs to the city, my mpg dropped by about 3. Now, if I do entirely city driving, I only get 19mpg at the most. And those are on Imperial gallons! :cry: But on the highway, I get at least 31 - 32.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,577
    "I do have some rattle issues.".............."I have yet to ask the dealer to try to fix them."

Don't bother. They only have "it's normal" programed in their vocabulary (LOL).
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,591
    Not true. I had a sunroof related rattle (the only one, so far?). There was a TSB on it and dealer fixed it at A1 service.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• frisconickfrisconick Posts: 1,275
    If you live in Phoenix or Vegas you want that blast of cold air, NOW!!! :shades:
    Gee, maybe there's a TSB on all my rattles, buzzes and vibrations. I'll call my dealer (LOL).
  • usntl05usntl05 Posts: 8
    You know I purchased my car right before I deployed, its a 05/NAV, and I only drove it 2 days, but I been admiring the car since 03, and when the new 04 came out, I was only wishing to but the car, and test drove it at the end of 04, and since I joined this site, just for some info, I been seeing people SLAM the car, and I have been like O my God what have I done, but it always good to hear some positive input. I guess all n all you heed what applies if your vehicle is running good than great, if not.. well. it happens. I am still happy with my purchase and still like the vehicle very much. for the buck and technology.
    :) :shades:
  • usntl05usntl05 Posts: 8
    There are VENTS in the BACK???? Why dont people tell me these things!!!!!
    I am calling the DEALERSHIP!!!
    LOL
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Posts: 681
    LOL - they're behind the center stack. Not sure if you can turn them off or not.
  • delmar1delmar1 Posts: 744
    Yes...you can turn them off so they don't blow in the back area. But the dial controlled by the back seat passengers (that is...the dial is near the air vents) so that means that the air flow is still going to the back seats...but it blocked...and minimal additional air flow for the front passengers.

Either way...if you want more air flow...just pump up the flow initially...then hit the 'auto climate' for a nice regulated temperature.
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Posts: 681
    it's really not a problem for me. I generally have my temp set btn 70 & 73. If my car's been out in the sun and is closer to 85 inside the car, the a/c automatically kicks into high gear. The only thing I do is that if it's hotter in the car than out, I set it to bring in outside air, rather than recirculate inside air.

I rarely bother adjusting the fan speed or temp.
  • ed31cincyed31cincy Posts: 56
    Well, don't buy my '04, it's not for sale. :P

20K miles of trouble free driving.

Generalities like "don't buy...nothing but problems" are pointless, as it applies only your circumstance.
    I really like about my '04 Tl is the voice command (female) voice. I call her Trixie and she's got a sexy voice. The voice for Bluetooth is similar but she's more business-like with a greater sense of urgency to her.

(Thought I'd post something positive on this forum. No, I am married and not lonely (LOL).
    Does 'Trixie' also appear in the form of an airbag? :P
    If she did, she would have dual "airbags"! :P
  • smithdrgssmithdrgs Posts: 22
    Have an 05 acura TL with dark charcoal leather seats. they were flat finish and not glossy. had a spot to clean on one so I use turtle wax 2001 cleaner and conditioner with UV protection- bright green bottle. Should have spot tested it first. so the seat got all glossy, so i had to do the whole interior to match. Not only do i not like it as much, the dash now shines off the windshield. Will this fade? How can i reverse it? how do i fix the dash? what is a good cleaner/protectant with a flat finish.? thanks
  • tedescm1tedescm1 Posts: 309
    Right back to you.... your opinion applies only to you!

Generally speaking, the 2004 tl is riddled with problems...read the posts.
    To be fair, I think some of the 2004s are riddled with problems. Aside from relatively minor rattles, my '04 has been trouble-free.
    Generally speaking, the 2004 tl is riddled with problems...read the posts.

You indicate to read the posts to support the concept that there are problems. Well...most of the posts you are referring to were posted by yourself. Sure...there were multiple posts indicating issues...but the majority originated from yourself.

The TL may not be troublefree...as no mechanical or electronic item is. But it sure has a heck of a better track record than many other vehicles...and Consumer Reports attests to such. As for my 2005 TL...I have had no issues. From what I have read...not much going with others.

So perhaps right back to you...your opinion applies only to you. You are in the minority.
  • revrasrevras Posts: 59
    take this car for a long test drive over various pavement surfaces before you buy or lease .In my opinion it does not have a smooth ride, my 2005 jiggled over any uneven surface. Coming from a 2001 Audi, I am used to road feel, but this car has very poor damping. My car also had rattles galor. In addition I found the hi c pillars to be a road hazard in terms of providing very poor visibility from the cockpit. I felt the seats were hard and unforgiving as well. In terms of good points, the engine is superb and so is the audio. I just felt that for 34k you should get more than a rocket on wheels with a good stereo.
  • ed31cincyed31cincy Posts: 56
    Boy, you sure state your point a lot better than I did!
    Nice post and happy TL-ing! :)