Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    You have opened Pandora's Box!
  • revrasrevras Posts: 59
    thats just the way the car rides...
  • brew99brew99 Posts: 86
    rmg - I think you should be able to replace the DVD disk for your nav system with a new one that should have Canada on it. Not sure about the previous generation TL but the current one's Nav system includes both US and Cda on the same DVD which may be able to replace yours. Now on cold Ottawa mornings there is no guarantee that your whole system may not be completely frozen - good luck.
  • Help Please!! I took my 97 3.2 TL in for routine maintenance for the timing belt and water pump to be replaced. Keep in mind that there was nothing wrong with the car before serviced. Once completed I noticed that it was running "hard" and it made a noise every time it shifted from first to second. Before I could get it back to the dealer I found tranny liquid all over the ground. Towed in and now they are trying to charge me over 3500 to get my transmission rebuilt/replaced. Help form anyone out there....... could this problem be related to the "routine maintenance" I had done with the timing belt and water pump
  • vin3vin3 Posts: 12
    Spoke with Acura Client Service today. They still contend that the vibration and shudder in the front end is a driving characteristic though their engineers are working on it. My question then is why would you have your engineers work on a favorable driving characteristic? Strictly retorical.
  • Cherylgirl, I spoke with Acura today and they did acknowledge that anyone with a code grabbing device can grab your code and be able to get into your car whenever. They also told me they will be putting code hopping technology on the next year's models that will generate a new code each time you click you keyless transmitter. Hurray for this! I've also called my local news station and they are considering doing a story warning car owners of this problem. Another reason no one knows too much about this crime because the police are reluctant to report it as to avoid encouraging more thieves to go out and buy these simple to find code grabbing devices. You don't think it will happen to you? Cherylgirl and I both thought so. Not so now. Be carefull where you click your keyless transmitter.
  • Hi,

What year is your acura, my is 2003 and has 35000 on it, the car already have transmission problem.
  • shellyshelly Posts: 22
    Just changed all my Bridgestone tires for Mich and the ride has improved 95% Dealer took back all tires after 2700 miles and charged me $200.00 for all 4 new tires. balanced installed. Took a while but I think something is going on with HONDA
  • igibanigiban Posts: 530
    "Took a while but I think something is going on with HONDA"

Can you elaborate on that? Sounds like at least now if you complain to Acura they'd swap it at some nominal cost w/o asking much question?
  • Mine is a 2005 and no transmission problems to speak of as yet. Crossing my fingers. Did you have anyone evacuate the transmission completely and have it replaced with new fluid? I've routinely done this to all of my cars to prevent transmission problems.
  • kkftzkkftz Posts: 15
    For those that have owned a TL 6 speed manual... have you experienced any issues that I should be aware of? How reliable is the clutch... how long can I expect it to last? I have about a 45 mile commute which is about 3/4 highway and 1/4 stop & go.

Thanks.
  • After starting my car, the following 3 lights went on and did not go off:

- D5 gear (i.e. green flashing light)

- TCS (Traction control light)

- Check Engine light

Does anyone know what is going on? Is this safe to drive?

Thanks,

-Amy
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Even though I hope it ain't so, those lights may mean that you have a transmission problem. I would bring it in to a dealer asap and have them run the diagnostic on it.
  • Merry Christmas!

After filling the trunk with a whole sleigh-full of presents that santa left at grandma's house, we needed to also load up the backseat. Went to open the driver's side rear door and it wouldn't open. It's cold here in the Northeast, but not cold enough to freeze the doors shut, and all 3 other doors were fine. When you pull the handle nothing happens at all, when you hit the power lock nothing happens to the lock, and you can't move it up or down manually. The door was opened once today to get my daughter in, but that's it. Any idea what happened? Is there some funky child protection thing I could have inadvertently hit?
  • cartalkcartalk Posts: 134
    It may be a faulty power door lock actuator.
  • Then I guess I'm off to the dealer tomorrow. Other than oil changes it'll be the first thing I've had to go to them for since I bought it in May, so even though it is annoying I suppose I shouldn't complain. Thanks.
  • My TL is a 2000 with 59,000 miles on it. I just noticed my transmission slipping and immediately had it service but it is still slipping. The interesting thing about this is that 4 months ago I had Acura dealer change the oil and do the transmission recall notice. I am very interested in the details of that notice. I don't even remember getting notified but they had it in their records so they performed whatever it was they were supposed to do.

I am wondering if that has anything to do with my current problem.

Thanks. RayJay
  • My TL is a 2000 with 59,000 miles on it. I just noticed my transmission slipping and immediately had it service but it is still slipping. The interesting thing about this is that 4 months ago I had Acura dealer change the oil and do the transmission recall notice. I am very interested in the details of that notice. I don't even remember getting notified but they had it in their records so they performed whatever it was they were supposed to do.

I am wondering if that has anything to do with my current problem.

Thanks. RayJay
  • webby1webby1 Posts: 209
    My friend drives a 2000 TL....same symptoms at 86,000 km....approx same mileage as yours.

Acura finally replaced the tranny under warranty after denying for 6 months that there was a problem.

He now has approx 136,000 km and no problems so far. This behaviour by Acura ( and amny other reasons )was enough for me not to get the new TL.

Regards,

Webby
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,577
    TL has a terrible metallic sounding rattle when going over bumps or rough roads coming from the glove compartment. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how was it taken care of?

Thanks,