Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL Accessories and Modifications

1171819202123»

Comments

• nringnring Posts: 85
    hi anyone. i leased a 2008 acura tl with navi for 3 years...the dealer is listing the Deck Lid Spolier for 567..they ofered to take off 20% so 453.60 total installed not including nj 7% tax...can i do better? is there any after market deck lid spoilers i can get some how and have an outside installer put it on...453.00 seems a lot for a little spoiler...thanks..
    just leasesd the new 08 tl with navi..i am a sirius sudscriber..until they merge if they ever do...anyone know if the xm satellite can be changed over to sirius that would integrated to the exsiting xm set up..if not i have to add the sirius head and new antenna..thanks
  • Yes, I have a 2005 TL w/nav. I have two blackberry phones and they would "pair" very well via bluetooth to TL.
  • Just purchased a TL 05 with nav. Everything works fine but when driving in Highway with the sunroof opened, the wind draft is real loud. Has everyone installed a sunroof visor? Does the wind draft reduce quite a bit with the visor on??
    The original OEM is over $100, I would say the from weathertech.com is better buy. Also considering the weathertech.com window visor which does not use any tape.
    Has anyone installed sunroof and window visors from weathertech.com for TL?
    Do they perform well?

Any feedback will be appreciated.
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    if you LEASED the car, why would you want to spend close to $500 on an accessory, that becomes AFFIXED to the car, so that when you turn the car back in, they get it?

you should have leased a car that had what you wanted on it. adding accessories that you can't take off and/or resell is throwing money away. don't do it.

take your situation to the extreme. imagine you take this LEASED TL to a body shop, and get a custom body kit installed, custom paint work, all kinds of custom motor work, and you end up spending $10,000 on the car.

when the lease is up - AND if you turn the car back in, you just LOST all that.

now if you buy the car at the end of the lease, then you can keep it. so you are sort of forcing yourself into buying the car if you want to get back the "investment"...

honestly, i would save the money. a spoiler isn't worth $400.

if you have to get a spoiler, i'd look at local junkyards. you may find a totalled TL that has the spoiler on it, and they junkyard will sell it to you for $100. you might get lucky and it's the correct color. if not, a body shop will install and paint it to match for probably another $100. total cost $200.

or look for aftermarket generic wings.

the pricing on OEM stuff is a rip off.
    good advice...i am looking for aftermarket and got a mechanice to install it for 100....200 total..worth it over 3 years...atkleast to me..
    just leasesd the new 08 tl with navi..i am a sirius sudscriber..until they merge if they ever do...anyone know if the xm satellite can be changed over to sirius that would integrated to the exsiting xm set up..if not i have to add the sirius head and new antenna..thanks
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    I haven't put one (sunroof visor) on a TL, but we put one on my wife's Honda Accord.
    At lower speeds (45mph and lower), it definitely cuts down on that wind noise... you almost can't even tell the sunroof is open.

At highway speeds, it's still very loud.

Weathertech makes awesome stuff.
    The sunroof visors all install the same way. They have a few little clips that you just tighten with a screwdriver and your done.

The side window visors, like you said, use no tape. They clip in to the window slot and you're good to go.
    My friend has Weathertech visors on his X-Terra and they've held up for 2 years now and look are perform well. Nothing has ever come loose and there is no wind noise.

I have a Weathertech trunk liner in my G35 and it's also of very high quality.
    The fit is perfect, and it has held up very well to the abuse of my golf clubs and all the other stuff getting tossed around back there.

Good luck.
  • dsjqdsjq Posts: 2
    My best friend has a 2007 TL Type-S in Kinetic Blue Pearl. His birthday is coming up fairly soon and I have the perfect present idea for him -- if only I could find it! I am looking for those side window deflectors.

However, his TL has some beautiful tinted windows, and of course, the stock dark wheels that come with the Type-S, and clear window deflectors will look ridiculous. I'm trying to find some quality, long-lasting deflectors that come in smoke or black or some dark color that will match the rest of the car. WeatherTech does not appear to offer them in anything other than clear, and I have looked all over the web!

I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL if anyone could assist me in this endeavor.

Thank you in advance!
  • scottm123scottm123 Posts: 1,501
    Go to Weathertech... the side window deflectors snap in and do not use double stick tape and everything I order from them seems to be top notch in quality.
    The ones they are selling are not clear... they're a light tint, which looks darker once on the car.
    If you want the dark smoked color, call them... they've got great customer service and will help you find what you need.

WeatherTech Acura TL Side Window Deflectors
  • vfa1520vfa1520 Posts: 11
    I have an Sony MP3 player that I hooked up through the AUX jack. I have to push the volume all the way up on the player and the car to get a good level of sound out of the system. Any suggestions as to why. I run the MP3 player at work on a set of speakers and it is fine. I can even run it through my home system without problems. :confuse:
  • riorebelriorebel Posts: 20
    I just ordered the side window deflectors and sunroof wind deflector from Weathertech. They don't have the dark window deflectors - they only come in one shade. The lady was very nice and said they should look good on the car - that they are kind of smoked and tend to match any paint. The picture looked good, and that car was black, so we'll see.
  • scottc3scottc3 Posts: 109
    On the phonebook... I have a Toyota Prius (08) and my wife is driving the Acura (08). I must say, the Prius phone book is SO EASY - here are the issues I have, so if I missed something please let me know...

On the TL - to use the phone book, other than by voice, I have to push INFO, then phonebook, then the phonebook I want to use (in case there are 2 different phonebooks in the system) then I can hit LIST or search for a name. What a PAIN! I want to skip the step where I have to 'select' the phone book I want to use. I have arranged the most common names so they are on the top (first page) of the Acura phone book (did this by placing an "A" in front of the names I want to be on the 1st page). Any way to eliminate pushing the 'select phone book' ?

On the Prius, it's so 'user friendly' - I can store 'speed dials', 18 of them. I have one page for Family, one page for Friends, and one page of name for Hobby friends of mine. Very cool. Easy to get to or I can voice dial also. WHEN I PUSH the steering wheel 'on hook' buttom, the phonebook pops up on the display, I can easily select who I want to call - 1 button... it works great. I can also place a PAUSE into any number easily!! Acura, you missed the boat on this.

If I missed anything, please let me know. I continue to research because I don't believe Acura would be so 'behind the times' on this. It's a poor design for a phonebook.
  • try Acoustic Sounds and CD Universe. They seem to have plenty of DVD Audio titles
  • jborrellijborrelli Posts: 14
    I recently purchased an 08' TL and I had the dealer install a remote start. The only PRO is that the remote start works off of the Acura remote. The CONS are that the range is very limited, must use a key to unlock the door once you start remotely and you can only turn it off my pressing the brake. I have inquired to the dealer about how to turn off the car after I have started remotely without going to the car and pressing the brake. He claims that is the only way to disable it. Does anyone else have any feedback or suggestions about the remote start or any other remote start?

Thanks,

Jason
  • goravensgoravens Posts: 4
    vfa1520... Did you ever find an answer to your issue with your AUX jack volume issue? I have the same problem with my IPOD.
  • vfa1520vfa1520 Posts: 11
    No. I just crank up the volume. It sounds Ok, but does drain the battery my MP3 player.

I wonder if it is the cable I got. I only paid about 6-8 dollars for it. I saw more expensive ones, but haven't tried them.
  • riorebelriorebel Posts: 20
    The cable isn't your problem - it's running the audio out of the headphone jack and into the aux input. Everybody has to crank up their mp3 player when they do this. I would suggest getting a dock connector cable (coming out of the ipod dock, and then into the aux input on the car). Not only will you never have to mess with the volume, but the sound quality is better as well. The dock connector puts out audio at full "line level", like a component cd player in a home stereo. It also has a better signal to noise ratio than going through the headphone jack.

Most people just get the simply cable that goes in the headphone jack, and don't notice or think about the difference. But it's not the best way to go.
  • trailhikertrailhiker Posts: 26
    I have had my TL for 3 months and after several visits to my Acura dealer to have window tint replaced because of scratches in the tint, I have found that this is being caused by the inside window wiper strip. I have had numerous scratches on all 4 side windows. The dealer says this is because I let down the windows and dirt gets on the window wiper strip and causes the scratches. Searching several posts on the Internet, it appears this is an Acura design issue with the window wiper strip and the fix for this problem is to affix a thin layer of felt to the inside wiper strips. The dealer says they are aware of the window tint scratching problem and says applying the felt will not fix the problem, only make it worse, and insists the scratching is due to my moving the windows up and down and I should be cleaning the inside of the door window wiper strips to prevent the tint from scratching.

I have an older Acura Legend with no tint scratches so I cannot believe this is the problem, especially since the car is 3 months old. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has had an Acura dealer (or tint shop) resolve this problem as my dealer says it cannot be fixed as this is the way the window wiper strips are designed and the only solution is to remove the window tint!
  • mikey38mikey38 Posts: 141
    When I took my 06 TL in to a local window tint shop they told me that unless I had the felt strip installed they could guarantee the tint would be scratched. I had the tint installed and have had no problems.
This discussion has been closed.