Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Prius

Comments

• john1701ajohn1701a Posts: 1,897
    > Does anyone know how to determine what date a specific
    > Prius was built?

Look on the door-jam of the Prius for month & year.

Look on a Toyota service receipt for the exact day.

JOHN
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    also has a rear, 2nd, seat that doesn't fit 6'2" folks.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
  • I have a 04 Prius with just over 1900 miles . When I change my oil at at 1600 miles ,I did see that Toyota had over filed the oil about 1/4 over the full mark, know it is just 1/4 under the full mark. now i am get about 2 Mpg better! My lifetime is 46.9 over 1900 mile. Most of my trips are very short 15 mins or less. I am very happy with the Mpg that the Prius is getting! I John has the best tips out there for the Prius. I have been following his tips since day one with my 04 Prius. Thanks for all the great tips John! Thanks John
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I'm not surprised at slow sales in Washington state, as they have a lot of country roads that are most commonly used by CUVs and SUVs. But "slow" may just mean that the waiting list is shorter and they're offering a discount of maybe $500 and not selling at full MSRP.
    Meant QX4....QNX is a real time operating system for PCs. Senior moment.
  • Ordered Driftwood Pearl #9 on November 7, 2003 from Newbold Toyota in O'Fallon, IL. Negotiated price was MSRP and they offer $300 in free oil changes for ALL sales. Was called yesterday and told that my car had arrived and that I can pick it up tonight which I'm planning on doing. Apparently there is some attempt at matching "orders" to vehicles since I requested a specific vehicle and they were able to process the order.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    My head rubs the rear headliner on the much bigger Dodge Intrepids.

I think Prius is reasonably roomy for its size, put it that way.

-juice
  • Does anyone who owns a Prius know if the computer and display fall under the 8 year/100,000 mile warranty? What exactly is covered under that warranty? My research just indicates "hybrid components". Thanks for your responses.
  • Well, another deal fell through. I've just about given up. The dealer in LA that was 99.9% sure he could do a trade with another dealer in MS, lost the deal. I guess that .1% chance that I would not end up in a Prius is just telling me that it's not meant to be. I really don't have the energy for this anymore. I wish I had dealt with an honest dealer from the beginning (back in October). Better luck to the rest of you guys expecting your Prius. And be sure to praise those dealerships that hold true to their words! We need more of them!
  • I was wondering if anyone living in an area such as me (Boulder, Colorado) has any experience with how well the Prius performs going up hills? I drove it around town, and am waiting to test drive again next week. I love the car. My only concern is at our altitude, and with our hills, will the car slow considerably going up hill.
    The classic Prius proved altitude changes were no big deal. It climbed up mountains, in your area in fact, without any trouble. And it had a blast going down them. All that recharging is sweet!

So now with the more powerful new Prius, the issue is dead. Not only can it handle the climb, it can likely show off a bit now too.

JOHN
  • 1) Anyone out there ever try to use a Motorola Timeport 270C (bluetooth capable) in a Prius? Neither Motorola nor Toyota seem capable of telling me whether it will work or not. 2) Any ideas if this information is available anywhere?
  • I had no problem zipping up to the ski basin at 10,000 from Santa Fe at 7,000. I am sure there are faster cars, but they wouldn't have done much good going around the curves.
  • msbusch: I test drove the Prius from the Indiana exit on US 6 to I-70 up to Lookout Mountain exit in Colorado. It actually did very well. Reached 65 mph fairly quickly once on US 6 and, midnightcowboy, I passed an 18 wheeler with ease. For those not familiar with the area, this is a steep upward climb in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains at ~7000 feet elevation. My only regret is that on the return we took the windy frontage road as my husband wanted to check out how it handled on a curvey road. At the time I didn't know what the "B" position was for (the salesperson thought it stood for battery) so I didn't get to try that out. My impressions were that it didn't have as much pickup during acceleration going uphill as the 5 speed Accord which I drove on the same road. I also drove the Camry (automatic) on this same stretch of road and I think the Prius performed about the same as the Camry did. We were set to buy a Honda Accord before this test drive. After the test drive, my husband said to get the Prius.
    We are suppose to pick it up Dec 26.
    > Going up mountain hills is still a struggle

Haven't you been warned about being so extraordinarily VAGUE ?

That comment is completely void of any constructive content. Detail please. For all we now, you could have been trying to literally climb a mountain, which would obviously be harder than a road on a mountain.

JOHN
    Yesh, every time wife and I get back to the east coast or midwest we often laugh about what they call mountains.
    > Mountain

I didn't see any numerical data whatsoever. SPEED, DISTANCE, GRADE, ROAD TYPE, and LOAD were not mentioned. Those factors all make a huge difference. Omitting them entirely is vague.

> You are the one who cited 10 dB at highway speed

NEVER did I claim that! The reference was about city type driving. How it became highway is still a mystery.

Lastly, attempts to discredit a person by excluding exact quotes and inferring meaning is not constructive in any way, shape, or form. So I refuse to acknowledge any of them.

JOHN
  • djasonwdjasonw Posts: 624
    I suppose the east coast is really not mountain country but I have been on some very steep climbs without a problem. On route 84 at the NY PA boarder there is a steep climb from near sea level to 1300 feet above sea level. All 18 wheelers are in the right lane trying to attain 35-40 at best. I zipped up at 80 MPH with NO problems. Anyone that comments otherwise either hasn't driven the Prius or doesn't know what they're talking about.
    Are you sure the electrics weren't "supercharging" the ICE to maintain 80MPH and when they run down on a longer climb, more typical to the west, you're left with the ICE only?