Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,021
edited January 28 in BMW
Share your BMW X5 purchase experience here.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• Federal law says that the window sticker must be on the vehicle.

I wouldn't get one without the xenons. Think how PO'd you'd be if you ran into a deer tomorrow that you otherwise may have seen and avoided if you had xenons.

I'd tell them to get you one with xenons or forget it. That's outrageous.
  • Just purchased today a 2003 3.0 Topaz Blue/Beige and I should be THRILLED, but to tell you the truth, I am excited, but a bit pissed off and would like some recommendations. First thanks to all for the candid feedback when I took a test drive last week (although that thread got a bit crazy....)when I was deciding between the X5 and the RX 330. So... went with the X5 and I am psyched - it is beautiful, drives great, big grin on my face, except for one thing. As I was literally driving the vehicle out of the dealership showroom (after the sales rep went over everything), he said to me, "oh, I thought this had the Xenon's on it, and it doesnt... oh well.." (after he described exactly how the Xenon's work during the reveiw, I might add)I drove off, a bit in shock, as when we reviewed what was included in this vehicle he said, Premium, Cold Weather, Rear Climate and Xenon's. So, when I negotiated the price, wrote the check, and when he reviewed the car with me, I assumed that was what was in it. I should be SO THRILLED right now, with the amazing car in my garage, but this is really bothering me - appears to be so sleazy (or just a mistake ?). Just went out to review the paperwork and unfolded the sticker listing everything (it was not on the window when I test drove it or bought it) and the Xenon's are not listed. How do I deal with this?
  • Anybody have examples of 3 , 4 or 5 years lease deals on a X5 4.4i std?
    Capitalization, money factor, residuals etc.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,577
    It does not appear that you have much recourse on being shafted on your lack of xenons. I would still voice my displeasure to your sales person. Recount to him/her what your discussion was during your negotiations, your recollection of how he detailed you at the time of your taking delivery of the car, and the xenons "conveniently" left off the paper work. Furthermore, reaffirm that your price was predicated upon the car having the xenons, and that the whole experience leaves you with a very sour feeling both for the dealership and especially the sales person. Depending how strong you feel about this, you may want to indicate that the issue would make you not to want to deal with the dealeship again. This will neither get you your xenons or a refund but will express your displeasure and this may get you a small "perk" such as a free detail or something else. This is hardly consolation for your disappointment, but will give you and your frustration some closure.
  • Ok, now that I have the birth of my 2nd child two mo's behind me I can get onto some more important things like BMW's!!!!!.........just a little humor there folks.

Seriously, I waited until after this sig event to restart my hunt for an X5. Slightly used 03' would have been fine but the cost of those are prohibitive vs 04'to me. Perhaps it is best to just order the 04' (unless I found a dealer with one sitting there skimmed down on the options...which is not likely as I would figure they load em' up fairly heavy? and I just don't need/and can not afford some of them as I am on a budget) so.....My question to someone is...how can I locate the real invoice price that the dealer will pay? I want this information so I can negoitate a fair deal and move on. I know earlier BMW offered some incentives both hidden and not on the 3's/5 er's which made for some interesting deals being talked about on a great car. I haven't found any incentives yet for the X5 04'. Joatmon told me so. May not exist at this time? Does anyone know the best way to obtain this invoice price on the X that will show the same for the options? I suppose I could just ask the dealer for a copy but I would have no way of knowing if this is indeed the real price they paid or some used piece of paper from the mens room? I am planning on spending my destination charge by picking it up at the plant. I figure I might as well break myself in by wrecking theirs! ;-)Any pissed off x-bmw dealers out there want a stab at this question?.....lol.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/input
  • You peeps probably know about this ....For 12 bucks you can get a copy of retail/invoice/wholesale for any car. I had already found most of the info except what some of the options cost/invoice which could be well worth the 12 bucks spent alone if you save a few k. Decent report which includes some safety and reliability rankings. Would be valid for comparison sake if the dealer claimed you were way off in price for those options? Not mentioned however is BMW's selling platform as opposed to holdback, etc. Not that they..BMW.. should reveal how they structure sales...that would be hard to do and use but they didn't mention that BMW eliminated the traditional holdback.(so we can quit looking for the holy price!!!) "It" exsists but not in the form we might be looking for. Looks like the best way to score here is find a dealer close to reaching a sales goal or platform...where ever they may be located...and help them acheive that goal and you get a fair price hopefully. That means spreading out your search coast to coast. For me that won't be difficult as I am going to be ordering my from the fac. It's about as close as I can come to what I want without buying too too many options. Even the fac route is limited.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,983
    Heck, you can the pricing info here, plus reviews and comments to keep you occupied for weeks.

We'll even tell you what others in your zipcode are currently paying so you'll have a target price to beat (see TMV).

all for free....even pithy comments by your hosts in Town Hall :-)

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• jav27jav27 Posts: 7
    I have a deposit on a 2004 X5 with PP, CWP, Rear Climate, Xenon lights and Auto. I'm getting it for $2,000 over invoice. Fair or not?
  • pcatpcat Posts: 1
    I have found that you can find dealers willing to sell X5's at $1,000 over invoice. This may be due to the fact that they are trying to reach year end quota's.
  • I received an email from a BMW dealer in the Bay Area, CA specifying $300 over invoice on every BMW model except the M-series. I went to the dealer and saw quite a few choices of X5's at the lot. Looks like the year markdown to meet quota can be significant.
  • Which dealer in the bay area is selling $300 over invoice? I live at Lake Tahoe and will be buying a 2004 X5. The dealer in Reno does not deal.
  • art44art44 Posts: 12
    I received a similar email from the internet sales manager at Allison BMW. It applied only to in-stock vehicles (except M's). They only had X5 3.0's in stock and 2003 4.4's. I think that deal expired. I ended up ordering a 2004 4.4 from a dealership that gave me a little discount off MSRP.
  • The 4.4 engines have all gone to the new 545, 645 and 745. You are lucky if you can find one 4.4i X5 with your preferred options. Those who have ordered the X5 4.4i will need to hold their breaths. It may take another 2 months to have the car delivered. The salesman will probably tell you expected delivery within one month, or give you a very good discount on the 3.0i. He hope that you won't go to the Porsche or MB dealership next door to get a new SUV on the same day. Shame on the BMW production management.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,401
    My Dad ordered his first BMW today! He's getting a 2004 Sterling Gray/Black Leather X5 3.0iA with Steptronic (iA), Cold Weather, Rear Climate, Lumbar, Xenon, Premium Package, and Sport Package.

He ended up paying $1000 over invoice after a few days of back and forth negotiations which comes out to $48,845.

He's going to lease the X5 for 42 months including 20K miles per year, NYC taxes rolled in, 51% residual, and 5.16% interest (money factor) with a $0 cap cost reduction. Payments are going to be $835/month.

This may seem high to some, but with the 20K per year mileage the residual is lower compared to a 10, 12, or 15K per year lease.

I worked with Wide World of Cars in SPring Valley, NY and are very pleased with the results.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• x5fanx5fan Posts: 4
    I'm getting $2,500.00 off the MSRP of $60,590 on a 4.4. Should I go ahead?

This will have to be ordered. Any one with similar experience could tell me how long does it actually take for delivery. Is it 4-6 weeks?

Cheers
    Al
  • looking for x5 in central to northern ca. anybody with any good, bad or indifferent experiences? got offer of 4% over invoice from weatherford. Good? In no hurry to buy, just want to get my tax break before the end of the year.
  • hzhaohzhao Posts: 28
    Just made the purchase on a 2004 X5 4.4i with Primer, CD changer, Cold weather, real climate, heated steering wheel and real seat, parking distance control and Navigation. Paid Total of $45305 out the door with my trade in of 99 Lexus RX300. I think it is a fair deal in my area. The only frustration that I have is to locate the color that I want (silver/gray). According the search result, there are only 8 X5 with such configuration available (varies colors), I might have to wait for the new build order, and it could take up to six weeks. Since I have waited that long to made the purchase, it will be fine to wait for a little longer.....
  • x5fanx5fan Posts: 4
    Today I took delivery of my 4.4 that was ordered on 1/26; $2800.00 below MSRP.

Got Premium, Sports, Rear climate, Nav, PDC and CD chgr.
  • fzara2003fzara2003 Posts: 12
    I am planning on getting an X5, but I am unsure if I should press the button.

The car is equipped with:

Rear Climate Control
    Premium Package
    Navigation System
    Cold Weather Package
    Steptronic Automatic Trans.

I am getting the car for $599/month, for 42 months, with a $2100 cap cost reduction (down payment).
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,401
    Why are you going to give them $2100? All you're doing is lowering your monthly payment by $50. If your X5 gets stolen or wrecked before the lease is up, you lose that $2100. Does the $599 include Tax as well?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation