Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ten2ten2 Posts: 2
    Based on the edmund's lease calculator, I get a cap cost of $46,800 with a 60% residual (for 12K/ 36 mo lease) and a .00125 base rate. This gives you $595/ mo. before NJ taxes. How did you derive your calculations?
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    I use a spreadsheet and a mathematical formula... They are pretty simple calculations.. Edmunds lease calculator is not very good..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Im looking at a X5 3.0...

Exterior - Sterling Gray
    Interior - Black
    Dark Grain
    Premium Package
    Navigation
    Xenon Lights
    Cold weather package
    Rear climate package

Lease with 5,000$ Total out of pocket.
    MSRP = 51,170$
    36 months with 15k miles a year.
    They took off 2500$ MSRP
    Lease payment = 575$

GOOD DEAL OR WHAT ??????????????
    Assuming about $350 for registration fees, it does appear that you got $2500 off MSRP for the selling price, and that they used the base rates....

I usually advise against putting that much money upfront, but you did get a good deal.

regards,
    kyfdx

With only $1700 due at signing, I see about $673/mo.. Which is the way I would go..

I'm assuming all payments include NJ 6% sales tax..

• Hi.

I'd like to start a dealing process here in Calgary, Alberta for an X5 3.0. It would be appreciated if you could get me some Canadian experience, such as dealer invoice and etc.

Thanks.
  • kobayashikobayashi Posts: 50
    Anybody know the special BMW finance rates for a 2002 CPO X5 3.0 (purchase not lease)? Thanks.
  • I didnt make the purchase yet. So you think i should tell them just costs for the down payment which equals 1700$ ? and get the monthly cost to 673$ ? Is it bad that they used base numbers?

Thank you very much for your help.

Matthew Linda
    The base rates are very good.. also known as the "buy" rate, meaning that is the lowest they can charge... Many BMW dealers mark-up this rate.. they call that the "sell" rate..

I suggest paying as little upfront as possible.. If you put down a large amount, and then your vehicle was stolen or totaled, the lease would be paid off, but you most likely wouldn't get any of your downpayment back....

So, yes.. 1st payment, security deposit and title fees only upfront.. That should bring the payment to $673/mo (or within a couple of dollars of that).

regards,
    kyfdx

• OK i went into the dealership today. I got it down to $560 a month with $5000 down total out of pocket. Tomorrow im going into sign the contract and pick up the truck. What should i expect? Should i assume on getting floor mats, and a full tank of gas?

Any other hints anyone could give me ?

Thank you Kyfdx and whoever else has feedback.
    Anything that you have not already discussed or have in writing will become tougher on car pick up day. I would clarify the mats and any other little issues BEFORE physically going to the dealer. Once you are at the dealership and looking at the shiny new truck, you will be more likely to accept minor changes or snags.

Know exactly how much down you need or assumed in writing that day and any last mimute charge BEFORE entering the F&A dungeon. If the numbers look different, call your sales guy over and remind him the numbers you were expecting. Once you are willing to let some new number creep in, you are opening up the shark tank.

The amount of gas is a courtesy and depends on the dealer (and I supect oil prices will mean less fill-ups).

Don't skip over an offer to have the sales guy run through the new car with you - he may find issues that you may not see until it's home, where you are more likely to let small stuff go.

Good luck, the X5 is a great SAV.
  • tlarsontlarson Posts: 1
    What dealer were you referring to in the bay area? Thanks!
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    I suggest you read or re-read KYFDX's second paragraph in post #200 above. Putting down $5000 up front on a lease can be a crucial mistake.
  • SHOULD I GO IN AND ASK FOR 3000 off MSRP and FINANCE IT ? or is the lease deal better ?
  • im going crazy i guess i was overwhelmed. I put $2500 down on my CC. Can i still negotiate the deal? The deposit sheet says 560$ month 36 months 15k miles.

am i in it too deep ? please help
    I don't think you are in too deep... If you already have the $2500 on your credit card, then let's just leave the due at signing at that amount...

If they wanted $560/mo with $5K upfront, then it should be about $640/mo with $2500 upfront...

It doesn't matter to the dealer... they get the same amount from the bank, either way.. Just call them before you go in, and tell your salesperson to re-do the paperwork with only $2500 due at signing.. and that you realize that should change the payment by "about $80/mo.".

Very simple... don't let them kid you... It takes all of 60 seconds to change it in the computer and then have it spit out of the printer....

Just remember.. if it is $560/mo tax included with $5K upfront, it should be $640/mo. tax included with $2500 upfront.

regards,
    kyfdx

PS: For those of you playing along at home.. I know $2500/36 = $69.44... But, the payment is $80 higher and the security deposit is $50 higher, raising the due at signing by $130, and you have extra finance charges due to the higher cap cost plus 6% NJ sales tax..

• baj1106baj1106 Posts: 8
    Been toying bet purchasing the X5 or the FX35. Its not apples to apples, but...Ive been trying to convince myself to stretch the $$ for the Beemer, and I got quote to buy fm local dealer for a stripped, automatic and leather only, for $43,300.plus tax, tag ...sticker is $45, 120....another dealer had a few'04 X5 3.0 CPO's with bet 14 and 16k miles for $39,995., with sport, prem pkgs, etc. and could prob get $1k off that price...any thoughts out there in Beemer-land?
    2004 CPO's X5's with options for $38-$39K sounds pretty good to me. No real changes over current model. '02's with over 45k miles are listing at $34K on many lots. A CPO'ed '04 would also have an extended warranty.
  • Hello - My name is Katie and I think my being female just lent my salesperson to (try to) take me a tad bit more than my male counterparts in negotiating my X5 4.4 lease deal. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I like to think I am semi-financially savy and with the responses I was given today, I think I should be insulted. These are the specs of what I was looking at:

2005 - X5 4.4
    Loaded, MSRP of $63,345
    36/10,000 lease
    Buying in Virginia (sales tax comes to $2,040)

They told me:

(1.) 2005 - "We do not negotiate off of MSRP on the 4.4's" (call me naive, but I think that is total bull)

(2.) Offered me a MF of .000125 (after looking at other posts, seems in line, however I have seen .00010 but am confused if that is model specific or industry standard - please confirm)

(3.) Residual % of 61% (seems in line with other posts)

(4.) $850 security deposit - do I have to pay this? Negotiable?

(5.) Upfront acq. fee - $825, Processing fee $199 (both negotiable I presume?)

My original numbers included $2500 down, however after reading earlier posts, I am taking the advice on the board, that is not a good move and will move forward on making calculations with a zero down pmt.

In a nutshell - are the fees/ratios they are quoting me valid or am I being taken? Also, the biggest question...is it realistic to get $1500 to $2000 off of MSRP on a X5 4.4?

Any advice/experience/guidance is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
    Katie
    1) No experience with pricing on an X5 4.4, but I don't think BMW would have below market money factors on it, if they were selling that well..

2) The money factor on the X5 4.4 is .00125

3) Residual of 61% is also correct.

4) You can have the security deposit waived in exchange for an increase in the money factor.. But, it is a better deal to make the security deposit.

5) Base acquisition fee is $625.. that is not negotiable and goes to the bank... The $200 that the dealer marked it up is negotiable.. and I would assume the processing fee is also...

I have to believe that $2K off shouldn't be too hard on a $60K vehicle....

I wouldn't be insulted though... Their job is to get the maximum amount of money.. your job is to pay the minimum amount.

regards,
    kyfdx