Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• the dealer only post msrp price, what price is good? The dealer offer me $1000 under msrp base msrp $55200 convenience package $3500 3rd row seat $1700, destination &handling $875 total MSRP as built $61275 ... They off $60275 is this a good price or not, can some one help me, tell me what price you paid for it . i want to buy soon,
  • No good. That is almost the same config we just built (2012 X5 premium) and picked up at the Performance Center and we paid 56 and change...I would look elsewhere.
  • trippctrippc Posts: 27
    hi mike809,
    you forgot to mention that you're in the market for a premium. At any rate, without any incentives, a good and fair price would be ~$57k. Now bear in mind that the current nav credit $1730 (you can read the past threads) expires tonight as well as the loyalty credit ($1k). @ over $60 for your build, the dealer is definitely taking you for a ride and if he/she included the nav credit, you might as well run away from that dealership as they're just not honest. Good luck.
  • There are several factors for a "good deal." Keep in mind, this brand has little markup...half the percentage that it used to be. It's about the only business where the buyer gets to know what the dealer paid (if you insist). Try that at the grocery store, or clothing store. Clothing has a 300-400% markup, more with designer brands. Nobody asks the clerk how much they paid wholesale. If you are getting a fair price on financing, you can compare that, and if you receive about what you want for a trade in and get a payment you can afford, while getting a discount off the regular price, which by any industry is a fair markup (about the same that Costco makes in their warehouses), then you got a "good deal." All businesses must profit in order to stay in business and pay employees, so you are not getting ripped off if you don't get the vehicle at employee prices. If you have good credit, you give yourself better buying power.
    hi gregbmwjones,
    i whole heartily agree with you that all businesses must profit in some way shape or form when it comes to staying in business and paying for all the overheads. It is really how much of a profit is considered fair to a company/firm.

Courtesy of TrueCars.com
    Did you know that the factory invoice price and what the dealer actually paid are not the same? Yep, it's true. The invoice price for the 2012 BMW X5 is on average 2.496% greater than the actual dealer cost, so caveat emptor. The dealer's actual price includes at least $1,093 in dealer holdback, or funds that are provided to the dealer by BMW after the sale of the vehicle. The actual car dealer cost for a 2012 BMW X5 9.266% below the original manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP).

Can't speak for everyone (though everyone on this forum seems to be want the best deal) but I'm out there for the best deal and if I can secure one with little negotiating, I'm in.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,127
    gregbmwjones:

There's a forum here on Town Hall "Stories From The Sales Frontlines" that used to be populated with sales people from various marquees. I'd really like you to come over and post some of your tales of selling BMWs (one of my favroite brands).

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• jsy916jsy916 Posts: 6
    I posted about 3-4 weeks regarding my 2012 X5d purchase (if you check my previous post, you can see what options I chose, the price I paid, etc.). We just picked it up from the dealership 2 days ago, and it's an amazing car!!!

I agree with most people here concerning extra protection for the car. DO NOT purchase any protection plans for the wheels/tires, protection plans for the exterior/interior (aka perma plate), or extended maintenance plans, etc. It's just another way for the dealers to make money.

For those of you wondering about time of delivery, I placed my X5d order on Oct 12, and it was delivered to the dealership on Oct 28 (from Spartanburg, SC to Arizona). I was told it would take around 4-6 weeks. I was surprised by how soon it was finished.

The X5 is simply a beautiful car!!! You will not be disappointed!!!
  • mike809mike809 Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    hi trippc I am in Hawaii , they did not mention any of nav credit $1730 and any incentives ,is royalty credit $1000 , you have to own a bmw before, that's what he toll me ,$60275(plus tax, fee,ect....) thanks for you information. i think i wait get more information first.if some one have more infor please reply.
    hi mike809,

sunny skies and sand filled beaches...i'll trade the x5 for that. the incentives that i'm aware of up until oct 31 (some might still do it depending on the situation) are the nav credit which essentially isa free navigation but that has to be optioned in order for them to apply it. you are correct about the loyalty credit which pertains to 05 and newer bmw owners which qualifies you to a 1k credit for being loyal (similar to the newly conquest pgm thru Mercedes). the olympic drive event was mainly for state side - i think but that was just to test drive their (6 series) cars in support of our olympic team that resulted in 1k towards you new purchase which also expired yesterday. all in all, that was some pretty sweet incentives which i can't recall the last time that bmw had offered something similar. not sure how many bmw dealers in your area but i would ask around if there are more than one and do give bmwna a call to find out more about different incentives that your state is eligible for just in case you have doubts of any sales ppl. Also, if you go to bmwusa.com under financial services --> under loyalty offers, it does say $1730 option credit available under the 2012 financing offer and just to prove the point, i typed in zip 96727 and the same offer shows up so you may want to have a chat with your sales person unless you didn't select nav as an option on the build. Good luck on your X5 and tell us all about your purchase.
  • Hi all. I have never posted on any forum before but used this to negotiate my purchase so thought I would share my details. I am in Southern CA and just ordered a 2012 x5d with the following options:

Black Sapphire Metallic
    Black Nappa Leather seats and dash
    Bamboo wood trim
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Sport Package
    Multi-Contour Seats
    20" wheels
    Running Boards
    BMW Apps
    Space Saver Spare

Total MSRP: $69,725
    Price after ECO and NAV credits: $61,700

I think this is pretty good and, frankly, I didn't have to negotiate too hard. I used TrueCar.com, contacted the best quote, got a new quote (they say that those prices are only for cars "in stock" which is nonsense), and then negotiated a little off that price and was done in one phone call.
  • cpl2usacpl2usa Posts: 18
    edited November 2011
    My deal from a PA dealer.

My X5 xDrive35i
    3.0 liter 6-cylinder with TwinPower Turbo technology
    xDrive, intelligent all-wheel-drive
    Base MSRP $47,500
    Black Sapphire Metallic $0
    Leather Nevada Cinnamon Brown $1,450
    Dark Burl Walnut wood trim $0
    Convenience Package $2,100
    3rd row seat $1,700
    Heated front seats $500
    Navigation system $1,900
    Destination & Handling: $875

Total MSRP as Built$56,025

With Navigation credit, Price is $49950 + tax + title

Is it good?
    assuming you do not have the loyalty and olympic drive credits, that's a pretty good price.
  • cpl2usacpl2usa Posts: 18
    edited November 2011
    I do not have loyalty or olympic drive credits. Also, BMW may come up with Holiday cash incentive in November. Dealer promised me that he will give extra credit if there is a extra cash incentive available. I have asked him to add his promise to the contract :)
  • I have been reading about deals on this website and it really helped me get a price I am very happy with on my new X5 diesel that is on order now. I got the order placed yesterday in order to take advantage of the $1730 Nav credit

Space Grey outside/ Perforated Black leather in
    Active ventilated Seat Package
    Premium Package
    Head-up Display
    $55,600 + tax, titles, plates = 60,600 (NYC taxes)

I should probably have the car by the end of the month. Hopefully sooner! :shades: Btw, Amex car buying/zag was very helpful in getting the salesman serious about pricing I found.
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    I think this is fair, but try to get 1K more
    BMW is giving $1000 credit plus the $1730 nav credit
    So add that to your deal
    edited November 2011
    All x5 deals need to start from invoice -1730 Nav credit-1000 holiday credit-500 marketing markup
    This leaves the dealer with $1230 hold back plus volume rebate
  • Hi,
    I was wondering are these($1000 credit plus the $1730 nav credit) new incentives for November 2011?
  • From BMW web site:
    0.9% Annual Percentage Rate Offer. $1,730 Option Credit available. $1,000 Credit Available.

I spoke to my dealer and he said, you have to take finance from BMW inorder to get $1000.
    edited November 2011
    I believe you can not maximize the incentives as the footnote clearly stipulates that the offer can not be combined. So my understanding is you should be eligible for the nav credit and $1000 cash incentive or the lower apr...

0.9% Annual Percentage Rate Offer. $1,730 Option Credit available. $1,000 Credit Available.

1Offers apply to current and former owners of a BMW Model Year 2005 and newer in the past 12 months, who purchase or lease a new BMW Model Year 2011 and newer. Consult your BMW client advisor for full program details. 1% APR reduction can be applied only against current posted rates on all new Model Year 2011 and 2012 BMW vehicles only. Special Lease offers may not be below .00005 on Lease/PrePay and below 0.01% on Retail/Select/OwnersChoice, once applicable program discounts have been applied. $1,000 loyalty cash may not be combined with other loyalty rate reductions. Offers subject to change. Subject to credit approval. Offers may not be combined. Offers expire January 2, 2012.