Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,687
    I'm guessing it's just the jacks.... the cable is probably extra cost.. But, I'd check with the dealer.... I still listen to AM radio... lol

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• frugalscfrugalsc Posts: 24
    Found the bag in the center pass through...thanks.

I think it's the jacks as well...

Thanks!
  • senkusenku Posts: 1
    Was it 2013 model? How much was the eco credit?

I'm looking at a similar one. It will help me to finalize price.
  • nkcnkc Posts: 5
    Hi CarMan,

I am looking at a lease on a 2013 BMW X5 5.0 liter (xDrive 50i). Do you know the residuals and money factors that would apply for a 36 month lease at 12,000 miles per year? What kind of discounts are you seeing on the sale prices for these cars in northern california?

many thanks,
    Nick
  • jrhhunterjrhhunter Posts: 8
    You can get the BMW specified cable(s) on Ebay for less than $15 shipped. No advantage to the BMW branded ipod/USB adapter cable.
  • b431b431 Posts: 2
    Trying to get an idea what should be a good price to pay for X5D I know there are incentives and rebates trying to get starting point
  • Hey there, your best bet on pricing depends on your particular spread of dealers and how competitive they are. I can tell you that if
    Your looking for a "deal on a diesel" it's next to impossible now, unless you buy off the lot. 2013s haven't been released, and due to these massive
    Incentives on the diesel 2012 stock is bone dry. However if you do find a vehicle that's in your specs couple helpful tools. 1) find out what the vehicle is equipped with and them go to BMWconfigs.com which gives u cost breakdown, with invoice and msrp. Your goal is to attain invoice-Ecocredit-team drive USA(only if you attended the event)-loyalaty cash (only for current bmwfs customers)- ultimate drive app(download the app from the app store)-usaa discount(if you use USAA INSURANCE AKA MEMEBRT OF ACTIVE OT RETIRED SERVICEMAN).

ECO CREDIT= 4500
    Team drive credit= 1000
    Loyalty= 1000
    Drive app=750
    USAA=6,000

Good luck on finding the car of your dreams at a good price!
  • In NYC, got this lease for a 2013 X5 35i Premium with Convenience and Cold Weather Package, 36 months 36K miles:

Purchase Price: 58,310
    Sales Tax: 2,626
    Acq Fee: 725
    Total Capitalized Cost: 61,662
    Residual Value: 36,223
    Money Factor: Unknown - not stated on lease agreement
    Zero Money Down
    Due at signing (1st month + DMV fees): 1,294

Money Lease Payment: $847

Thoughts?
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    You are correct that 2013's haven't been released, but I found a few dealers that still have allotments to order custom built 2012's. That's what we did, and are picking up ours on September 5 at the BMW Performance Delivery Center in Spartanburg.

X5D; Black Sapphire; Oyster Interior
    Sport Activity Package w/ 19" Wheels
    Premium Package
    BMW Apps,
    Running Boards.

MSRP was $63,845
    We are paying roughly $1,000 over invoice, less $4,500 eco-credit, less $1,000 drive event for a net price of approximately $54,600. ($9,200 under MSRP) Cash deal, son no financing credits.

Not sure what the ultimate drive app discount of $750 is, but dealer said if anything else comes up, we can use it.

We might have been able to get a slightly better discount on an in stock model, but there were 0 out of 310 vehicles in a 500-750 mile radius that were exactly what we wanted. Adding an unwanted cold weather or premium sound package would have wiped out any savings and I wouldn't take one without the Sport Activity Package for any price.

The pick up at the Performance Center sounds like it will be a great time for me and my wife. BMW picks up hotel and meals. One way airfare from DC is under $100 each.
    ...still left to be custom ordered and built for 2012 model.

After being told by several DC region dealers that all the 2012 X5D's were already on their lots or in transit, the dealer I ordered from indicated that they had multiple (more than 5) slots left for late August and September builds. They showed me official documentation from BMW that the 2012 X5D production dates continue to November 2012.

So if there are any prospective buyers out there not satisfied with what they see on dealer lots, I suggest you shop around for a dealer that can still custom order one to your exact color and equipment preferences. My deal was at $1,000 over invoice before all of the various credits. You may get a greater discount if you take a loaded vehicle off the lot, but if it's not exactly what you want, the custom order alternative is still an option.
  • 16771677 Posts: 1
    I too am located in the DC (DMV) area. I'm looking to order/purchase a 2012 35d. What helpful hints can you give and what dealerships did you use.
    We ordered our X5 through BMW of Silver Spring. We had originally placed an order through Otto's in West Chester PA, as they were extremely professional and courteous. But when we found out that Silver Spring had some allocations available, we cancelled with Otto's and went with them. From the research I've done, I'd stay away from VOB and Fairfax. I did my BMW Test Drive Event at Fairfax and their follow up was somewhere between horrific and non-existent. VOB had 20+ X5's in stock, not a single one with the sport activity package and claimed that you couldn't get one with it. Bozo's.

As far as helpful hints, as I stated in a previous post, if you have the ability to order to your specs, make sure you check out all the options and don't get talked into anything that isn't of value to you. IMO, the $1,500 premium audio package wasn't worth it - especially since with BMW Apps you can use your i-phone as a internet radio receiver for free.

Good luck.
  • Hi,
    This is my first time on this site. I may be a bit late, but wanted to say that tomorrow I will be picking up a 2013 Bmw X5 35i Premium w/convenience package, climate package, running boards, sat radio, apps, 3rd row, upgraded leather, 12k, etc. Also in NYC.

total out of pocket $4160 includes first month payment
    Monthly payment $660. 35 mths

Hope this helps.
  • Are you sure this is what you paid? What wad the price of the SUV agreed upon? What was the dealer in NYC? i am looking to buy one asap.
  • I'm considering the 2013 X5 Sports Activity with 3rd row and the M Sport package with white exterior and black leather interior.

I think the invoice costs are:

X5 SAV: $53,085
    3rd row: $1,545
    M sport: $2,275
    Destination: $895

Total: $57,800

I'm a USAA member and I get a $2,500 discount. Negotiating up from $55,300 (invoice - USAA), I have one dealership willing to accept $56,995.

Is that fair? Can I do any better? Any help would be appreciated.
    That's $1,700 over invoice. Not too bad, but the dealership I bought my X5d would probably be willing to order one to your exact specs for about $500 -700 less.

Either way, pick it up at the Performance Delivery Center in South Carolina if there is any way you can fit it into your schedule. Free service, but priceless experience.
  • Guys,

Can you post the final price for 2013 X35i premium and X35d you just got?
    Just want to get the idea what is the reasonable price I should ask for during my ordering process?

any offers going on for 2012 or 2013 models?

Thanks
  • riloh05riloh05 Posts: 15
    What are the current incentives for a 2012 X5. Thanks.
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    Hi
    I would target Invoice +- $250 minus all incentives
  • harry28harry28 Posts: 29
    I previously posted this under the X5 leasing thread, but it belongs here.
    Just bought an 2012 X-5 Premium with Convenience Package.
    MSRP $60,195
    Purchase Price 52,195. I thought this was a very good price.
    I traded in a 5 year old Mercedes ML350. I'm sure they got be for some $ on my trade in.
    I was able to get 1.74% financing so I added tire protection, dent wizard and appearance package which only added about $25 to my monthly payment. (These added to the bottom line of $52,195)
    I went in intending to lease, but ended up buying the car as the lease numbers were getting too confusing with lots of misc fees that I didn't like. Buying the car was more straight forward.