Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• murmalmurmal Posts: 25
    I have received a quote for 2005 - X5 - 3.0i with the following Packages.
    Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Automatic, Leather, Self Dimming Interior Mirror, Xenon Lights:
    MSRP - $49,920/-
    Invoice - $45,725/-
    Selling Price: $46,998/- + Tax + Title + (Processing Fee ($389.70). :cry: )

With Navigation:
    MSRP - $51,170
    SP - $50,170/-

On X3 same options as above without Navigation
    MSRP - $44,295
    SP - $38251

Is this quote a good one? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am not
    comfortable with this quote. How much can I negotiate. They have above 7 X5's
    in their lot and require suggestions and expertise of this group, so that I could
    get my first luxury vehicle.

Thanks in advance,

Murmal.
  • nevisnevis Posts: 9
    Went to a bay area dealer and was told that the money factor is 0.00165, quite high compared to the 0.00125 not so long ago. Is this from the recent interest rate hike or the dealer's mark up?
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,851
    That is the dealer mark-up.. the MF is still .00125

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thank you for the info. kyfdx, I'll contact the other dealers to see what they offer. Is it still possible to get the $500 over invoice kind of deal these days?
  • bmwcccbmwccc Posts: 234
    Does anyone know if BMW leases a CPO?

Thanks
  • jimincajiminca Posts: 1
    Hi Gurus,
    Never leased a vehicle before so apologize for my ignorance. Need to find out if this is a good deal:
    2004 X5 4.4I lease at $711/month. The seller has a lease till Aug 2007 and wants to transfer the lease as-is. His current odometer is pretty low and hence the lease is left with about 30K miles in the next 27 months.
    The purchase price at end of lease is $35K.
    Not sure how lease payments are calculated - any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Jim.
    If you have a few thousand $$ lying around, would it be a bad idea to put it as down payment? less finance charge isn't it?
    The finance savings would be minimal...

For instance... assume the money factor is .00125.... Each $1000 you put down will only save $1.25/mo. in finance charges... The effective interest rate is only 3%.. You can earn that on a bank CD..

Not worth putting your money at risk for that amount..

regards,
    kyfdx

Is it worth getting the lease protection? $599 covering $5000 cost of wear and tear. But each item has to be under $500. So it sort of falls in between small scratches that are "normal wear and tear" and major ones that should be covered by your auto insurance.
    For $599, I'll take my chances.. Other than over-mileage charges, I've never been hit with more than $125 at lease end.. I think the most I've heard anyone else being charged was still under $2K, and that was because of unrepaired collision damage... that can be covered under your auto policy..

This sounds like a dealer "profit-center"...

What does your car you drive now look like after three years?

Thanks kyfdx, you're always so helpful.

I am relatively a careful driver, so my current car of 3 years has one ding from the shopping cart and a few small scratches on the bumper. I think the measure by BMW is that any scratches less than 2" is considered to be normal wear and tear, but of course every dealer might be a little different on this.

Say, when you return the car at the end of the lease, and they ask for repair cost, is it possible to try to return it to another dealer or get an extension to fix it at another shop?
    Always have a pre-turn-in inspection... They will send an independent inspector, or have you come by the dealer for an inspection.. about three weeks before turn in... that way, if there are any issues, you can have them taken care of yourself at probably a lower cost..

You don't want to turn it in on the last day of your lease with no inspection, and be at the mercy of the inspector... Most are honest and forgiving, but you never know..

If you treat the car like you own it, you'll have no problems..

regards,
    kyfdx

• hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Hey Kyfdx.
    I was offered invoice plus $2000 on an X5 4.4.
    MSRP $57575
    invoice $53117
    cap cost $55117($2458 off MSRP)
    My question is in these days of slow SUV sales and higher gas prices, do you think offering $1000 over invoice or even less is more in line with today's market?
    Thanks.
    hpowders
    1) I really have no concrete idea of how the market is for an X5 4.4...

2) I doubt gas prices have a lot of effect on the $50K+ SUV market.. For a poor schlub (like me) who is trying to stretch his finances to get into a $32K Suburban or something similar, it might be different..

3) You can't lose by offering less... All they can say is no..

4) If they use the base money factor and acq.fee, I don't think $2K profit is a bad deal on a $57K car... Of course, less is always better.. The residuals and money factors are very favorable right now, so the lease payments should be reasonable.

regards,
    kyfdx

Okay. I offered the following deal and it was accepted by email
    X5 4.4
    MSRP $57575
    Invoice $53117
    Cap. cost $55117
    mf 0.00125
    residual 60%
    acquisition fee $695(after I questioned them on jacking it up to $1000!)
    Should be $683.51 pre-tax.
    My current 325 lease is up August 2nd and the dealer would take the car off my hands because he
    figured out I have "broken even on equity" in my current lease.
    What do you think?
    I saw a lot of X5's sitting on his lot and the quickness that he accepted my offer makes me think I could probably do better.
    He asked me to call him. I didn't agree to anything.
    Thanks.
    hpowders
    I get the same number.. That should leave you with 1st pymt, security deposit and acq.fee upfront + title/license.

Another $1000 lower would save you $29/mo.+tax.

It doesn't sound bad, if that is the car you want... With $2000 to work with, I'd make sure that included all "dealer fees".. Tell them if they have another fee, they'll have to subtract it from your selling price.. If they are taking you out of your 325i two months early, that is worth something to you, as well..

regards,
    kyfdx

P.S.: What kind of gas mileage do you expect to get?

Ah yes. The gas mileage problem. I have seen an estimate of only 14 mpg combined. I do mostly highway driving so maybe 18mpg. Of course my 325 gives me 26 mpg combined. I figure at least $500 a year more in gas per year.
    Heck people are complaining a lot over on the M35/45 board about getting only 16 mpg combined with either M and those are sedans.
    As always, thanks a lot for you advice.
    hpowders
    Hey kyfdx. I was offered a fairly good deal on an X5 4.4 as posted above. Money factor is .00125 as it should be. Obviously not selling well or it would have been jacked up.
    My monthly payment pre-tax would be $683.51. As a repeat customer, my security deposit would probably be waived. I would like to lower the monthly payment by paying multiple security deposits up front. How much is the money factor lowered for each security deposit pre-paid up front and what is the maximum amount of security deposits I am allowed to pre-pay?
    Thank you.
    hpowders
    Old plan: 9 extra deposits... .0001 for each one, for total of .0009 lower... No brainer deal... Unfortunately, this is the old plan..

New plan: 5 extra deposits.. .00005 for each one, for total of .00025 lower.. Still saves money, and a better return than a CD, but not a "must-do", like the old plan.

regards,
    kyfdx

P.S.: Probably would save about $20/mo. on your deal, with an extra $3400 in deposits...

• karykary Posts: 2
    Hello All,
    I am getting a great deal on 2002 X5 which has just 16000 mles on it.

Can any body advise whether 2002 X5 has any maintainence issues.