Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bdr127bdr127 Posts: 950
    If you're ordering an X5, then it would be a 2006.... and there is no extra money for the 06 model, only the 05 (and you can't order those anymore).
  • Yes, ordering an '06....

But, now the remaining '05's on lots have just grabbed my attention. I need my dealer to do a locate and let me know what inventory is out there!
  • Got a quote from a dealer here on an 05 3.0. Any advice? I think it's a pretty good deal but would really like a 4.4 over the 3.0. Here's what he emailed:

O5 3.0 litre:

VEHICLE: 2005 BMW X5 3.0i COLOR: Sterling Gray UPHOLSTERY: Gray Dakota
    Leather

Code Description MSRP
    Base Price 41,700
    0205 Steptronic 5-Speed Automatic Transmission 1,275
    0ZCW Cold Weather Package 750
    0ZPP Premium Package 3,400
    0ZRC Rear Climate Package 600
    0ZSP Sports Package 2,500
    0522 Xenon Headlights 800
    Destination and Handling 695
    TOTAL AS EQUIPPED $51,720
    SELLING PRICE $45,245

lease at 0 Down (drive off's only) 36 @ 679.92 + tax

Any advice?
  • selling price is too high. I just got offered an 06 for 1800 off and that was low. With BMW giving 5k you are getting just under 1500 from your dealer. They ought to be giving up at least 2k of their own money for an 05 imo.
  • ladiladi Posts: 11
    I am starting negotiations for an X5 with Auto,rear climate, nav,prem hi-fi, prem, cold weather, xenon headlights. Asking price is $35,900, mileage is 30,909 for a 2002. I would love to be out the door with $31,749 as my bottomline. Too low? Please someone help. I do not want to insult but I don't want to get robbed. Should I put down a good down payment?

Thanks.
  • suv800suv800 Posts: 40
    First,
    For that kind of money, I would go for a new one. As you know, BMW X5 starts to have problems at 50000 miles, especially the transmission. Now, the mileage almost 32000, maybe the warranty still good for another few months. I think your target price would be $27000.
    If you ask anyone, they would tell you whatever the msrp divide by 2. that's after 3 years driving.
    Thanks for the response. I am told that the car is still under warranty and it also comes with an ext warranty. 2 additional yrs/100k miles. He said it has 4 brand new tires and new brakes. He is quoting a price of $34k now. Does the warranty make any difference now? Still think it is too much?
    Does anyone no if BMW will do away with cassette as a standard or mandatory if you get nav in the X5.

Also, does anyone know what the maximum mileage you should go for on a CPO 2002 X5, even with a warranty?

Thanks everyone.
    BMW hasn't had cassette players in any of their vehicles for a few years now....
    Yeah...on the X5's. If you opt for the navigation, you cannot have in-dash cd. You can get the cd changer installed in the back but it does come with a cassette. I witnessed it with my own eyes. Hopefully the new '07's will update that outdated feature.
  • merckymercky Posts: 15
    he is right. if you opt for the nav, you get cassette in the dash.
    someone told me they could not fit the cd player and the nav together in the dash.
    hopefully will be fixed in 07.bmw nav sucks anyway.
  • Hi all, I am new to this buying\leasing a car thing. I went to the BMW dealer here yesterday just to check things out. The salesman was offering me the x5 3.0, msrp around 48,000, basically just the x5 with no prem. pkg, but with a sunroof. The lease was going to be for 36 months, 10 k/yr, 2200 DOD and payments of 618. I dont know anything about these numbers that are discussed on here. Can someone help to educate me on how to get a better deal?? Thanks in advance!!
  • vraovrao Posts: 1
    Hi all, I am negotiating 2002 X5 from BMW dealer. It has Pre pkg, Cold weather, Xenon, Pre sound, 34150 miles asking price is 30600 plus tax. The BMW Maint program has expired, but it has factory warranty upto 09/16/06 and CPO upto 09/16/08 with 100K miles.
    Is this a good price? Dealer is asking $2000 for 3rd party warranty which covers upto 7yrs/100k miles. Is it recommended to purchase 3rd party warranty? If I buy 3rd party wararanty, the total price incl tax would be $35000. Is it a good price? Is there anything I need to worry?
    If it's CPO, then what do you get extra for the 3rd party warranty? More coverage? The CPO is only powertrain... "big-ticket" items.... Does the 3rd party cover a lot more (accessories, radio, buttons, electrical, etc)?
    And the purchase price... yeah, that is a decent price (KBB shows over $34k). It has pretty low miles and it's CPO.... Plus you get the 2.9% CPO rate. :)
  • kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    I noticed that you all here saythat there is a 5k incentive on the 05 X5's. However when I did a check here, in the incentive and rebate section, there was no incentive. If there is, it's hard to locate an 05 X5 now.
  • I am gettting:

2005 X5 with 13K miles
    Sport Package
    Premium Package
    Xeon headlight
    Moonroof

Price is $42,500 plus tax/fee

Is this a good deal?
  • By the way, the X5 above is 3.0
  • Hello: Can anyone tell me if the $5,000 cash to dealer incentive is still available for 2005 X5 3.0's? My wife drives a convertible 325ci, but wants a new X5. In Louisiana, I see that there are still a good many 2005's on on the lots and I'd rather buy an 05 than an 06 if this incentive is still around.
  • Dealer giving me a 2006 x5 4.4 with everything but DVD entertainment msrp 63280 with 1800 down 36 month lease 740 a month and also taking my 2003 540 w/ sport package with 6 payments left with no penalty. Wondering if anyone could comment?
  • Could be a sweet deal but depends on what you mean by "everything". Everything would include Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Climate, NAV, 6 disc CD, Heated Rear seats, Heated Steering wheel, Premium Hi-Fi and Comfort Seats?

At this price I assume your deal is from an East coast dealer.
  • sequoiaman,

Yes, I ordered all that and also the sport package therefore will not have the comfort seats. Yes, New Jersey.
    Thanks!
  • chester01,

It sounds like a great deal. I am negotiating to lease two x5 4.4's for my businesss with "everything" excluding sport package, DVD and comfort seats. So far the best I have been able to get is $760/mo on a 36 month lease with 12000 miles/annum. My up front expenses are approx $1600

I am located in NY and have spoken with NY and CT dealers. NJ dealers are very aggressive. Which NJ dealer are you working with.
  • sequoiaman,
    Flemington
    I guess yours is a good deal too, I don't know what your msrp was mine was 63,280 My upfront expenses are 1,800 and mine is 20 dollars cheaper probably because I have 10,000 miles per year. I didn't know you could get the comfort seats with a sports package
  • Chester01, My deal is approx 63590 MSRP, which is odd because it is more than yours and does not include the sport package. My negotiated price (which is utilized to determine the lease rate) is approx $58,100 which is very close to invoice so I think I have a good deal. I believe the MSRP only applies to your residual value.

Regarding the comfort seats, I think the sport package includes a version of the comfort seat so you are in good shape.

Your monthly lease rate seems very cheap so I am guessing the dealer has the car in stock and is giving you a very good deal.

Good luck.
  • Actually we ordered our 2006 this week and will take 4-5 weeks to get in just so no confusion has retractable cargo floor, sport package, premium cold weather, rear climate, navigation, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and premium sound
    I'm glad to hear someone thinks it is a very good monthly lease price, I hate being taken for a ride
    Good luck to you also
  • Hello all

I am ready to pull the trigger on a Lease for a X5 3.0 I would like to know if I have negotiated this thing well.
    MSRP $50520
    I have gotten this down to 1905 @ Delivery Including First Lease Payment / Security Deposit / Tax and License fees ..
    35 Payment to follow @ 594.10 + 6% Tax for a monthly of $629.75
    What More would I need to tell you to analyze this ??
    Thanks

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • Hello
    I realized my typo on the Title
    I forgot to include that MSRP Included 695 Destination & 7325 Options
    The paperwork says lease rate .0010 but with all these numbers and dealer expertise..
    I still have questions about this price.
    Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,087
    What is the mileage allowance? Is this a 2006 model?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Milage allowance is 12K per Year
    discounted price ended up being $47654.41 at least that is what the paper said.
    Thanks