Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abiseidabiseid Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am considering the BMW X5 2005 for lease and have seen it advertised for $459/mo. with like $3800 total inception fees. I have also seen many other manufacturers offer Zero Down on many cars (like Jeep) for very low prices (i.e jeep wrangler - 188/mo., jeep grand cherokee - 259/mo.).

My question is this....if these jeep and other manufacturers can offer zero down (sign and drive) and keep the payments very low, why can't I ask for the same from BMW? Can I go to the dealer and say...here is my 790 beacon score, I want this X5 for $459/mo with ZERO DOWN. Can it be done???????

Thanks for your help.
  • 4am4am Posts: 2
    Folks,
    Following is a quote that I got from a dealer here in Seattle, does it sound like a good deal. Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Regards,
    MK

THE CAR THAT YOU SAW SILVER/BLACK LEATHER, ALL THE GOODIES!!! (SPORT/PREM/COLD/CLIMATE/XENONS).
    MSRP $51720,
    YOUR PRICE! $50168.
    36X LEASE WITH 10K PER YEAR @ 672.48 PLUS TAX WITH
    $1500 TOTAL OUT OF POCKET. RESIDUAL AT END OF TERM IS 31549.20 AND YOUR RATE IS 4.3% ON THE LEASE.

IMPORTANT NOTE! YOUR 1ST 32 PAYMENTS ARE WITH NO TAX, YOUR LAST 4 WILL BE WITH TAX IN YOUR AREA (9.1%). REASON IS, YOU HAVE TAX CREDIT ON YOUR TRADE IN
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    I don't have the new numbers for July, but I'll assume they are the same as June..(and, I'm pretty sure they are).

1) $1550 is not much of a discount.. At this time of year, and on a not-that-popular model, I would expect $2500-$3000 discount from MSRP at a minimum..

2) I'll assume that the $1500 includes the acquisition fee and the first payment..

3) It looks like they are bumping the money factor the maximum .0004 and also waiving the security deposit for an extra .00015.. This takes the MF up to .0018 (which equates to 4.3%) from the base MF of .00125.

So, small discount, money factor bumped the maximum.. not a very good deal..

With a $3000 discount from MSRP, acquisition fee of $625 added into the cap cost, base MF of .00125, and upfront of 1st payment and security deposit (still should be around $1500 total), the payment would be about $596/mo.+ tax..

So, they still have about $75/mo. to come down... I'd want at least $60/mo. of that, before I'd consider it a good deal..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• 4am4am Posts: 2
    Thanks! for the sound advice. I will go back in......to negotiate. :) :)
    Best Regards,
    MK
  • ca_manca_man Posts: 23
    Greetings....

How much is a fair price over invoice these days for a 2005 X5 4.4i ?
    Is $1000 over invoice too much of a stretch ?

Any input or experiences greatly appreciated .... :)
  • x5guyinlax5guyinla Posts: 1
    I just purchased an 2005 X5 4.4i for $64,250 out the door.......MSRP on it was $62,695. It has sport, premium, rear climate, & cold weather packages with nav & 19" rims. The invoice I saw on the dealer computer showed $57,810, and I got it for $58,890 before tax and reg. I think I got a decent deal...probably could have gotten a better deal if I didn't know the guy and was willing to walk away, but I REALLY did want to get the car right then and there. You might be able to get a better deal, maybe $500 over invoice, if you order it and are willing to wait the 6-8 weeks it takes to build one. I tried to see if they would do it $500 over invoice, but even the volume dealer in the Los Angeles County(Pacific BMW in Glendale) said they can't do that. Hopefully that helps.
  • nubeemernubeemer Posts: 1
    I just recently leased a 2005 x5 3.0,Toledo Blue/Gray Interior (Premium/Rear Climate/Park/Xenon), This is my first time leasing a beemer, want to know if I overpaid and got jiped:
    Downpayment = $4k,
    Total Monthly payment = $571 / mo (39 months lease @ 12k mi)
    MSRP = $49170
    Gross Capitalized Cost = $49k (I bought the Perma plate ($695) to protect my car)

- Just curious of the feedback so I would be better prepare next time, but otherwise I love my new car!!!
  • it was listed in there websitei 41700 (wrong price)
    and the dealer honor his mistake. very honest people :shades:

orginal price 52700
  • gkc3gkc3 Posts: 3
    05 X5 3.0

51320 MSRP
    48482 Price
    MF 0.00145
    Acq 825
    Res 60%
    39 mo lease
    637 / mo incl tax

I'm thinking that this is an overall good deal
  • lrhonelrhone Posts: 1
    Looking at an X5-3.0 - Premium/Cold/Heated Stearing/Rear Heat *after all it is cold up here in the winter*

MSRP is $48,570
    Sell: $45,970 ($2600 off of MSRP)
    On a 39 month term with 12,000 miles per year and $0 down, payments are $688. This is based on a 61% residual and an APR of 4.5% and includes all sales tax, license and title. Literally $0 out of pocket at lease signing - includes tax, title registration. No security or first payment required. There is no acquisition fee. For every $1k we could/would put down the payment would go down $30.00/month.

This is Owners Choice financing offered by BMW, basically a baloon. At the end of term you have 3 options, pony up the cash, refinance or turn in.

In Chicago on any lease, we have to pay 9% sales tax on the sell price of the car. We also have to add an additional 6% to every monthly payment for a City of Chicago Lease tax. We are looking at this because of the tax issues described above.

Please advise.
  • Based on the info that is on the website of BMW, I should be able to get X5 3.0i ( MSRP ~43000 ) for 426/month. Based on that, I can assume that they are using the following to calculate the lease

1. Residual - 69%
    2. MF 0.00125

and the same holds for 4.4i as well. ( Using 56000 as the price ). Since the dealers in MA are willing to offer 3% over invoice without any haggle, I am planning to offer the following to the dealer

BMW 4.4i
    MSRP - $57,145
    Invoice - $52,600
    My Offer ( Adjusted Cap Cost )- 54178
    Down payment - $2500
    Trade In $3500
    MF 0.00125
    Residual - 69% ( 38640 )
    Sales Tax 5%
    Monthly Payment - ~435/month

Does this looks right - Based on what BMW finance is offering on BMW X5 lease. ( www.bmwusa.com)
  • djocksdjocks Posts: 124
    If you could wait, would you until August possibly September for an X5 on a lease? Also, is there any hope at all of the leasing of 06 3 series coming down?
    Thanks,
    djocks
    The residuals aren't 69%... What you aren't taking into account is the selling price is discounted from MSRP... (Of course, they don't tell you what the selling price is, in their example).

Hard to say.. Sometimes incentives switch to cash, instead of good lease rates, and the leases get more expensive.. especially at the end of the model year... Pretty darn good 39 month lease specials right now on the X5..

3-series? Price increase coming up on September 1st... that will probably negate any lease help that might be coming..

regards,
    kyfdx

X5 4.4i Wagon

36 mo/15k mi – 59% Residual Value – Money Factor .00075 Base Rate

I believe they also offer this same residual for 39mo/15K...

• djocksdjocks Posts: 124
    kyfdx,
    thanks for the info. i am trying very hard to wait for a good time on a 3-series. not sure if it is ever going to happen. my lease on an 03' 330i is just about done. I test drove the new 325 and absolutely loved it. Every bit my 330i. Can't even imagine how great the new 330i is!
    Thanks again for the help.
    djocks
  • mdanemdane Posts: 10
    So, what is the base MF for the X5? Is it the same as the X3 (0.001)? What are the residuals for 12k miles? Do you have them for the 3.0 and the 4.4?

Thanks. I think I may prefer the X5 over the X3. The X3 was very bouncy in the back seat.
    X5 3.0i Wagon

36 mo/12k mi – 61% Residual Value – Money Factor .00100 Base Rate

X5 4.4i Wagon

36 mo/12k mi – 61% Residual Value – Money Factor .00075 Base Rate

I'm positive the numbers for the X5 3.0 are good for 39 months, as well..

Not sure if that applies to the 4.4 model..

• mdanemdane Posts: 10
    Is there a longer lease, like 48 months? I am trying to get my payment down below $550. The best I can do at the current rates are $600. That is with the 0.0075 and $1500 over invoice.
    Yes.. but all of the low money factors are only on 36 month or shorter leases.. If you go to 48 months, the money factor jumps to .0027.. And the residual drops 19%...

It would be even more...

Realistically.... you can't lease a $60K car for $600/mo...