Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ranajoranajo Posts: 50
    Thanks for the response.

Can anyone offer me any specifics on lease terms that they have obtained recently for 42 months on the X5?
  • sithlysithly Posts: 1
    Just got a quote on 2004 X5 3.0 with following:

-Jet Black
    -Steptronic Automatic
    -Panorama Moonroof
    -Adpative Xenon

INVOICE: $41,155
    MSRP: $44,920
    FINAL BARGIN PRICE: $43,500

Is $1420 off MSRP a good price and the best I can get?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,651
    I'm not sure how the market is in Oregon, but I think you can do much better than less than $1500 off sticker. I'd shoot for a $1000 or less above invoice. The 3.0's are plentiful.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• umikeumike Posts: 9
    i am looking at the XC90 and the X5. for those of you who tested both but ended up with the BMW, can you give me a feel for what swayed you in that direction. also i am in the northen nj area and i have heard that dealing on the X5 is very tough. is that true? also, i am looking to at the possibility of putting a dvd player in. has anybody had any experience in this?

thanks!!
     mike
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,776
    Check out the MDX / XC90 T6 / X5 4.4L Comparison & Opinions discussion.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• bmwman2bmwman2 Posts: 12
    LOOK CLOSELY AT ACTIVE SAFETY FACTS ON BOTH VEHICLES AND ALSO RESALE.
    REMEMBER A BIG INCENTIVE DOES NOT HELP RESALE...DOWN THE ROAD AT TRADE-IN TIME.
    Please stop yelling - all caps is hard to read!

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• bmwncbmwnc Posts: 2
    just bought an X5 3.0 this afternoon...has the following.

premium pkg
    cold wx pkg
    rear climate pkg
    premium sound
    xenons
    automatic dimming mirrors

MSRP was 50,570...got it at $1000 over invoice at $47,640...thought I did pretty well and the negotiating wasn't that bad. Any thoughts? Really like the panoramic moonroof and got Sterling Grey with Sand Beige leather..that's a new combo the brochures don't even have.
  • compwhizcompwhiz Posts: 46
    Just picked up '04 X5 3.0 yesterday:

Titanium Silver/Black leather
    Premium Package
    Steptronic Transmission
    Cold Weather Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Xenon lights
    Heated Steering Wheel

MSRP: $49,170
    Invoice: $45,020
    Paid: $46,000

$980 over invoice

Certainly will be glad to recommend my salesperson in Chicagoland. No hassle purchasing(it's my second Bimmer purchased from him), VIP treatment for service - couldn't wish for better experience.
  • bmwncbmwnc Posts: 2
    compwhiz...sounds like you did very well too. I am loving my X5. It seems like everyday since I picked it up, I am finding new things about it. Certainly the best car I have ever owned. After driving a Chevy pickup for the past 8 yrs this is a great change!
  • costermacosterma Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I am a BMW lover and am looking at an X5, the sales man handed me a sheet with a $40k sticker price. (Basic Model is what I am interested in). I need help on pricing, not good on haggling? Any suggestions??
    Knock off between $2500 and $3000.
  • martini4memartini4me Posts: 13
    Hello: Need opinions on if we're getting scammed...We are negotiating on the above vehicle w/options and dest MSRP of 50970. Dealer agreed to $2400 off the MSRP to bring price to $48570. He took our credit card # for a $1000 down payment, but has not yet charged the card. We want specific color combos and he said that he located the vehicle (coming off the mfr line) and could get it at the agreed upon price. We agree on pricing, date, etc and are looking forward to getting the vehicle next week. THEN, the salesman calls back yesterday (one day after deal made) and said that the vehicle was "released" from BMW mfr and is now on a truck to another dealer. He said that NOW they will have to pay $500 to a flat-bed trucking company to transport the vehicle from NJ to VA. He says we would have to pay extra $500. Meanwhile, he is unable to explain to us what the $695 dest fee includes and why we would have to pay extra. We are prepared to pay cash for a vehicle and this is the 3rd dealer we've talked to...the others were slow to respond for requests...unless we wanted to purchase off the lot. This is a "dream vehicle" and will be kept for 8 to 10 years. We want a certain exterior and interior color combo that is not currently on the lot of these 3 dealers. When we bought a 325Ci last year, the VA dealer had to get from another dealer in NJ, but didn't try to charge extra fees. Is the extra $500 pure dealer profit? It gives me a bad taste in my mouth! Thanks for your input!
  • mynextcarmynextcar Posts: 30
    It depends on the relationship between the dealers in NJ and VA and how desperate the dealer wants to sell the car. I bought my E class about the same time two years ago and my dealer (also in VA) had to transport my car from a dealer in NJ. Since the new year models were coming and the NJ dealer was their sister dealer, my dealer paid the transportation fee out of their expense. The destination fee is from the manufacture to the first dealer, in your case it's to the NJ dealer. My cousin had to choose one from the dealder's lot since his dealer would charge him the transportation fee, so I think it is common that dealers ask this. If you have time, I would suggest you wait a little longer as dealer would most likely do whatever it takes to move the '04 model out as '05 models are arriving. I remember there was $3000 - $3500 rebate on X5 last fall for '03 model. Hope this help.
    Besides my own experience($3200 off MSRP on a lower-priced vehicle), there're plenty of other people who purchased X5 at similar savings. Considering that your dealer only gave you $2400 off MSRP to begin with, it's not unreasonable to ask him to eat the $500 cost of transporting the car to the dealership. Get your contract void and find another dealer who will do the deal(and possibly get you more than $2400 off MSRP).
  • h2fanh2fan Posts: 27
    Wow, that's a great deal you got compwhiz. I am planning to buy X5 3.0 myself but I have to wait another couple of months. Looks like there are some incentives from BMW to dealers that everyone seems to be getting a good price on X5s.
    BTW, could you share your dealer's info?

thanks
  • fjoycefjoyce Posts: 4
    I'm about to start the process of buying an X5. Here is the package I'm looking for and the Edmunds price information. Interested to hear back from anyone on how much over invoice I can expect to pay. I'm in northern NJ. Also interested in BMW dealer recommendations in northern NJ. Thanks.

2004 BMW X5 4.4i AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
    Optional Equipment:
    ZPP Premium Package (w/on-board computer)
    ZSP Sport Package
    677 Premium Hi-Fi Sound System w/ DSP
    ZCW Cold Weather Package
    ZRC Rear Climate Package
    261 Rear Door Mounted Side Impact Airbags
    438 Dark Poplar Wood Interior Trim

Edmunds pricing:
    Total Package price:
    MSRP: $59,880
    Invoice: $54,715
    Options:
    MSRP: $7,780
    Invoice: $7,145
    My Dad paid $1K over invoice on a ordered 3.0i back in February. I hear the deals on the X5 are much better on the Inline 6 than they are on the V8. I guess maybe it has to do with the V8s being allocated to the 7s & 5s before they reach Spartanburg, SC.

My Dad bought his X5 from Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY (very close to the NJ border). The people at Prestige BMW (on Rte 17 SOuth) were offering a great deal as well, Wide World matched the price and it is closer to my Dad. Park Ave BMW didn't want to be bothered if I didn't take a vehicle from their lot. However, a customer of mine recently leased a new 530iA from them for his wife and was treated fairly and got a good deal YMMV. Good Luck!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

My dealer is Patrick BMW in Schaumburg, IL. You gotta find a right salesperson though - my guy is plain awesome, while some salesmen out there are way too rude and uncooperative.
    It all depends. Many dealers "pride" themselves on selling X5 4.8is @ MSRP(and not over it), yet I've seen cases of people buying it for $2-3k off. X5 4.4 should yield at least $3300 off sticker as well.
  • fjoycefjoyce Posts: 4
    Thanks for replies on my X5 pricing question. Got three bids from local dealers, all over the net. Best price is $1,250 over what Edmunds shows as their invoice, $3,915 off of BMW MSRP.

For my package the MSRP is $59,880. Of that accessories are $7,780. Should there be more to squeeze because of the high amount of accessories MSRP, or is $1,250 over their invoice as good as I can expect before getting in the showroom?
    is definitely a good start. go back and forth a couple of times. Let them know that you are a serious buyer and will come in to sign the papers if the price is right. Definitely let 'em sweat for a few days and see if they contatc you again.

Hi compwhiz,

Can you please email me the Salesperson's name? (Email in profile).
    I would rather go to him than anyone else.

How do you like the X5 so far?

thanks
    When posting about your experience with a dealership, you may post ONLY the dealership name, city, and state. You may not post a salesperson's name, phone numbers, email addresses, links to dealer web sites, etc.

Thanks!

Steve, Host

h2fan,

I tried to email you, but it bounced back. Please send me an email through my profile, and I will respond with the info.
    I am looking to purchase a X5 3.0 with the premium package, navigation system and cold weather package. The MSRP is working out to $48125.

I am looking for a lease term between 36 months and 42 months depending on which would provide the best deal in terms of the residual. Annual mileage would be 15K. I have flawless credit with a FICO score of over 740.

What would be the lease terms that I should aim for - specifically the money factor and residual that would be appropriate?

Thanks for any help.
    Hi compwhiz,

I am sorry that the email bounced, though I am not sure why. I checked your profile and your email address is private. Can you please try to email me again? I will really appreciate it.

thanks,
    I am looking to purchase a X5 3.0 with the premium package, navigation system and cold weather package. The MSRP is working out to $48125.

I am looking for a lease term between 36 months and 42 months depending on which would provide the best deal in terms of the residual. Annual mileage would be 15K. I have flawless credit with a FICO score of over 740.

What would be the lease terms that I should aim for - specifically the money factor and residual that would be appropriate?

Thanks for any help.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    ranajo, you might also check our Lease Questions - Ask Here discussion for leasing advice.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have requested the assistance of the forum that you specified.