Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fzara2003fzara2003 Posts: 12
    I have to give the $2100 down, because of the company's lease agreement. The monthly payments cannot go above $600/month, which is why I am offering a $2100 down payment.

The X5 is a titanium silver with gray leather.
    However, the vehicle has been on the lot since December of 03', and I am still hesitant if I should take the car, considering it is not equipped with the Xenons.

One of the real gripes of this car, is that I feel it was equipped wrong-I think the titanium silver, fully loaded with a MSRP of around 49k having no xenons was a bad build.

Whats everyone's take on this?
  • fzara2003fzara2003 Posts: 12
    Whoops, I forgot to say, but tax is included in the 599 price.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,101
    how you like it, then don't take it! $50K is a significant amount of money to plop down on a vehicle that isn't really what you want.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• ranajoranajo Posts: 45
    I am looking at a 2004 BMW X5 with a MSRP of approximately $49800.

With excellent credit including a FICO score of 748, I was wondering what sort of money factor and residual value would be appropriate. I have in mind a 48 month lease with annual mileage of 12K with zero capital reduction.

As far as I know, BMW is not offering any incentivized leasing programs.

I'd appreciate any feedback.
    BMW will give you a higher residual on a 42 month lease (hence lowering your lease payment).

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• h2fanh2fan Posts: 27
    Can I get Rear Climate package without Premium package? The sales guy at one of the dealerships said yes but the brochure tells me otherwise. Can someone help?
    On another note, I just want privacy glass. I am ok with base + auto + sunroof. I can not justify getting premium package for getting privacy glass. Has anyone been in the same situation? Any suggestions?
    TIA
    I checked out the BMWUSA site and you cannot have rear climate package w/o Premium Package.

• h2fanh2fan Posts: 27
    Thanks nyccarguy! Looks like I have to get the privacy glass done at some outside place.
    Thanks for the response.

Can anyone offer me any specifics on lease terms that they have obtained recently for 42 months on the X5?
  • Yes, BMW does offer incentives on a continuing basis. Just join and belong for one year to the BMWCCA and you get (varying)factory deals. Cost? I think I paid $35 and you get their excellent mag, Roundel. Naturally, no impulse buyers need apply. But when we spend 50K we all plan ahead, right guys?
    Thanks for the response.

Can anyone offer me any specifics on lease terms that they have obtained recently for 42 months on the X5?
  • sithlysithly Posts: 1
    Just got a quote on 2004 X5 3.0 with following:

-Jet Black
    -Steptronic Automatic
    -Panorama Moonroof
    -Adpative Xenon

INVOICE: $41,155
    MSRP: $44,920
    FINAL BARGIN PRICE: $43,500

Is $1420 off MSRP a good price and the best I can get?
    I'm not sure how the market is in Oregon, but I think you can do much better than less than $1500 off sticker. I'd shoot for a $1000 or less above invoice. The 3.0's are plentiful.

• umikeumike Posts: 9
    i am looking at the XC90 and the X5. for those of you who tested both but ended up with the BMW, can you give me a feel for what swayed you in that direction. also i am in the northen nj area and i have heard that dealing on the X5 is very tough. is that true? also, i am looking to at the possibility of putting a dvd player in. has anybody had any experience in this?

thanks!!
     mike
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,931
  • bmwman2bmwman2 Posts: 12
    LOOK CLOSELY AT ACTIVE SAFETY FACTS ON BOTH VEHICLES AND ALSO RESALE.
    REMEMBER A BIG INCENTIVE DOES NOT HELP RESALE...DOWN THE ROAD AT TRADE-IN TIME.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,931
    Please stop yelling - all caps is hard to read!

Steve, Host
  • bmwncbmwnc Posts: 2
    just bought an X5 3.0 this afternoon...has the following.

premium pkg
    cold wx pkg
    rear climate pkg
    premium sound
    xenons
    automatic dimming mirrors

MSRP was 50,570...got it at $1000 over invoice at $47,640...thought I did pretty well and the negotiating wasn't that bad. Any thoughts? Really like the panoramic moonroof and got Sterling Grey with Sand Beige leather..that's a new combo the brochures don't even have.
  • compwhizcompwhiz Posts: 46
    Just picked up '04 X5 3.0 yesterday:

Titanium Silver/Black leather
    Premium Package
    Steptronic Transmission
    Cold Weather Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Xenon lights
    Heated Steering Wheel

MSRP: $49,170
    Invoice: $45,020
    Paid: $46,000

$980 over invoice

Certainly will be glad to recommend my salesperson in Chicagoland. No hassle purchasing(it's my second Bimmer purchased from him), VIP treatment for service - couldn't wish for better experience.
  • bmwncbmwnc Posts: 2
    compwhiz...sounds like you did very well too. I am loving my X5. It seems like everyday since I picked it up, I am finding new things about it. Certainly the best car I have ever owned. After driving a Chevy pickup for the past 8 yrs this is a great change!