Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• colimacolima Posts: 2
    You are so lucky. I ordered a 4.8 X5 with full option at Perillo BMW 11 weeks ago...I called my sales advisor several times. he said some supplier issue a month ago, and he was telling me the 20" wheels are short and wait for back order. my X5 is still not in production yet. I just moved to Chicago from Los Angeles, and i'm suprised of sales here. it took about 10 weeks to wait for M3 from European delivery in Los Angeles, how could a US produed X5 take 11 weeks but still not in production? I told him I will cancel my order if the car is still not in production by July 10th.

God, I wish my X5 coming as soon as possible because I dont have a car currently. I will go to Elmhurst BMW to ask the details about X5 this week. If I the X5 will not be here before Augest, I will never buy a BMW car again.
  • surfsup1surfsup1 Posts: 2
    Hi Carhead2,

I'd be happy to pay $750 over invoice on a new X5 4.8 + DPI. (What is DPI? Thanks.)

What dealer/salesperson did you buy your 2007 X5 4.8i from in Southern California? I'm currently looking to order the X5 4.8 (because I can't find what I'm looking for in stock) and I don't like the MSRP deals with inflated Money Factors I'm getting quoted from the dealers I've talked to so far.

Anyone else been able to get a good deal on the new X5 4.8 in the Southern California Market? Let me know who to talk to.

Thanks for your help!
  • louieplouiep Posts: 3
    Roverguy,
    Thanks for the reply. I ordered the X5 with a lot of options that made the MSRP about 71,000. I got a $2420 discount over MSRP but the money factor quoted to me is .00285; I read elsewhere in this forum that the norm is .0023. I got a production number last Thursday and was promised 6 - 8 weeks for delivery. Thanks again. Hope to bump into you on your 7000 mile oil change at North Scottsdale BMW!
  • louieplouiep Posts: 3
    Colima,
    I ordered my wife's X5 June 20 with a lot of options, June 21 the salesman got me the production number. I checked it out yesterday on-line (June 24) and the status is "On Order". My salesman intercepted a regular inventory delivery (status 111) amd modified it the way I wanted it. I was promised 6 - 8 weeks delivery.

Louiep
  • haaserhaaser Posts: 8
    I wouldn't count on 6-8 weeks if you order included the technology package or sport package. I have been waiting 9 weeks already and now system shows (per salesman) that production is scheduled for the last week of July. They are blaming the issue on suppliers. I'm thinking of canceling and buying a Cayenne S as I don't believe I'll get the vehicle till September. Slightly annoyed as I could have ordered the Cayenne and had it sooner than the X5. Any idea when the 2008 X5's be available?
  • king_aliiking_alii Posts: 1
    I ordered a fully loaded 2007 X5 3.0 through my broker and got a killer deal and money factor of .0233. I was told the rates have gone up recently but not sure how much. Thankfully, my broker was able to lock my rates. I'm in Socal, contact me on this thread if you want a great deal and I'll give you my broker's info.
  • sflgatorsflgator Posts: 2
    I was told that the '08 X5's should arrive in Oct.
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Posts: 16
    Are you serious? I ordered the X5 with the Technology and the Sports Package on May 29th and it is now saying in production- Flemington BMW told me 1st or 2nd week of July. I will keep you posted.
    Unbelievable! I ordered mine April 26. Still says “on order.”

Did you order 20” wheels? Post 660 seems to be having same problem as me. I talk to dealer daily and they have no clue. Keep me posted.
    Mine says in production and I did not order the 20 inch wheels. What is your dealer saying when your car is coming in? I was told 1st or 2nd week of July. I will keep you posted. I was also told that the website is not always updated. Yours could be in production and they just haven't put it on the web. Do you have a vin # yet? I do so if I find out anything I will let you know.
    Spoke to dealer today and apparently the 20” wheels are the problem. Supplier can’t meet demand. (makes some sense since you didn’t order 20s) Now scheduled for production 3rd week in July possibly sooner. I’ll keep you posted.
    Once in production how long does it take. You would think the website would give you an estimated completion date! I am getting antsy but there is nothing I can do. I am surprised you are so patient.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,592
    I got the June MFs & residuals off of the 'fest. How much does the residual get pumped up if you take a 10K per year lease vs. a 15K per year lease?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,746
    3% higher for 10K vs. 15K..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks Dude!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• ke323ke323 Posts: 1
    Here is what I was offered at a dealership in NC. Is this a good deal?

2007 BMW X5 3.0
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Comfort Access
    iPod adapter
    Heated front seats
    Running Boards

$55,500 + tax, tag, etc.
  • chadsmithchadsmith Posts: 2
    Im looking to Purchase an 2007X5 with the following..

Technology Package 2600
    Premuim Package 700
    Sports 3600
    running Boards 300
    Rear Climate Package 7000
    Delivery chart 775
    Base Price of 3.0si 45900

Total MSRP 57925

What is a good price for this car in NJ. So far the dealers i called only said they would nock of 2000-1500 of MSRP. Dealers said they only have a set number of X5 they can order, is this true? Inovice price is 53235, thats a 4690 between invoice and MSRP.
  • chadsmithchadsmith Posts: 2
    The question is how much you paid over invoice. Lets see.

2007 BMW x5 3.0 invoice is 42230 msrp 45900
    Premium package invoice is 3685 msrp 4050
    Technology package invoice is 2360 msrp 2600
    Running boards invoice price 275 msrp 300
    Heated front seats invoice 455 msrp 500
    Confort access is invoice 910 msrp 1000
    Premium sound package invoive1640 msrp 1800

Ivoice total is 51555
    MSRP total is 56150
    difference 4595

Your paying ONLY 650 off MSRP. That is a joke price. Minimum dealers are noking of 1000 of MSRP. I would say around 53,000 is a good price. Try harder....
    what is the base mf for a 2007 X5 3.0si on a 24 month lease? I checked out the fest and it says .0023, a dealer that I'm working with says .0025

Thanks

I use those same sources..

They have been known to make mistakes, though... How much do you trust your dealer?

My parents leased 2 cars from them in '04. My Dad has an '04 X5 3.0iA that he leased for 39 months in February '04 and my Mom leased an '05 530iA in Late December '04 ($642 per month for 36 months/15K miles per year, it pays to buy during the week between Xmas & New Year's).

I did all the research & negotiating for them. Unfortunately the salesman we worked with is no longer with the dealership. The salesman we are now working with seems to be OK. He agreed to a $1000 over invoice deal without a problem.

I'm going to email some other dealers tonight just to keep him honest.

• gailbnygailbny Posts: 2
    We've shopped the $1K over invoice and .0023 money factor to five dealers. One will match the price, but no one will match the low .0023 MF. (There's no current BMW F.S. loyalty discount on the MF for x5)
    The new X5 has only been out for about 8 months... Getting a true $1000 over invoice deal might be tough, as you are finding out...

Plus, $1000 isn't much profit on a $50K+ vehicle... For a 3-series, not so bad... I notice that dealers tend to want more of a spread on higher-priced models..

A .0002 bump isn't too bad, if you are getting $1000 over invoice.... though, I like to see all the profit in the price, and base rates on the financing.

regards,
    kyfdx

$1K over invoice with base .0023 money factor and $625 Acq Fee. MSRP on my Dad's new X5 3.0si with Premium Package, Sport Package, & Cold Weather Package is $55,225. We ended up paying $52,265 which is $1000 over invoice (Including destination, $180 Training & Service Fee, and $300 MACO.

Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY.

• colimacolima Posts: 2
    Louiep,

My order was on April 8th, the first week I started my life in Chicago. Until now, I still dont get my X5 4.8 yet. this Monday, i talked to my sales, and he called BMW NA(seems like), he called me back and said the X5 should be in production next week(the first time seems he was pretty sure). last week, when i went to dealer, he checked online and told me the x5 is in the last status before production,and it should be produced at anytime.

My options are:
    -Active ventelated seat
    -sport package with 20" wheel
    -technology package
    -premium package
    -cold weather package
    -premium sound
    -Ipod Adapter
    -4zone climate ctrl
    -heated rear seat
    -heated front seat
    -running board
    -heads up display
    -comfort access

almost all options except DVD entertainment, 3rd seat, HD Radio.

and right now, i've been waiting for 3 months. if the car is in production next week, and i should get the car in either mid or late August. then, it takes me 4 months to get my 2007 X5, and 2 months before 2008 production. my friends asked other sales person in the same dealer, the guy told them it will take more than 4 months for a 4.8 X5. if I knew all of this(if the sales told me it will take 4 months), I will definitely buy a Range Rover Sport supercharged instead of X5....damn it.

guys, just dont order a BMW in Chicago....it will take a super very long time.
  • vchugo007vchugo007 Posts: 7
    What about $2,680 off MSRP for a 2007 X5 3.0 si with premium package, technology package, heated front seats and running boards?

Also, are heated rear seats worth the extra few bucks?

Thanks!
  • jfertljfertl Posts: 8
    Has anyone been able to get any significant discounts on the 2007 X5 4.8. I am in the Midwest and have been offered at most $1300. Some dealers are discounting nothing. Thanks.
  • 1v11v1 Posts: 9
    King_alii,

I am Socal and shopping around for the x5. Can you send me your dealer's info pls? thx
  • 1v11v1 Posts: 9
    Carman or kyfdx: Its my first time leasing a car. This forum has been extremely helpful. Please review the details below and please get back to me ASAP...I am looking to make the purchase today or t'row. I am located in Southern California. I used edmunds.com to get best prices from the dealers in my area.

Thx a lot.

2007 x5 3.0i
    Exterior: Titanium Silver
    Interior: Black w/ Napa Leather and Dark Burl Wood Trim
    Packages: Premium package, rear climate package, Technology Package
    Options: Comfort Access, Heads-up Display, Heated front and rear seats, running boards

MSRP: 58,875
    Dealer's invoice: $54,585
    Invoice price on Edmunds.com: $53,565
    TMV Price: $56,675

Sale price: $55,585

Lease for 36 mth, 15K miles/yr
    Drive off: $2266
    Down Payment: $0
    Monthly Payment: $897, incl. tax
    Money Factor: .0023

Is this a good deal? If not, what should my target nos. be? Which variable has the room for more negotiation? Pls let me know.