Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,992
    You should definitely be able to get the base .0023 mf and $635 Acq Fee. The only thing on the invoice that isn't on the edmunds invoice is the $180 Training & Services Fee and the MACO (advertising fee) $300.

That $400 doc fee is PURE PROFIT! Maybe if they won't budge, agree to pay the $825 ACQ fee if the'll take off the $400 doc fee (I think it is capped here in NY to $45)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• jdk03jdk03 Posts: 3
    Me again. Sorry I forgot to mention this was a 36 month, 10,000 mile lease.

AND - since I'm close, I would consider picking up at the Plant in South Carolina - would this save me anything (like the destination fee?)
  • Destination fee $775
    Acq fee $875
    Security Deposit $750

Is this true we have to pay all these Destination, Acq and deposit (refundable?) fee for leasing or some are just add up from Dealer?

Thanks.
    The ACq fee should be $625. The other fees are kosher.

• kabbalahkabbalah Posts: 41
    My X5 4.8 is 2 plus weeks new. I tried everybody around to get a strong deal. Fact is there were not a lot of 4.8's around. There seems to be a few more around now so perhaps the deals are getting better. I am also in Atlanta. This was my deal almost 3 weeks ago.

X5 4.8
    Sport pkg with 19' wheels
    Premium pkg
    Premium sound
    Rear climate pkg
    Comfort(multi contour) seats
    Comfort access
    Running boards
    3rd row seat
    Heated front seats
    Park distance control
    Ipod USB adaptor
    Navigation
    Satellite radio
    and Dealer added BMW towing hook/pkg

MSRP before tow hook is $71,820

36 month, 12/k year, .00230, 60% residual

In addition, there was an $825 aquisition fee from BMW FS, and a $499 doc fee.

Deal was a little complicated because I rolled $2K in mileage overages, and drive off into the cap. Car was roughly $2500 off MSRP. Monthly payment (only 35) is $1134 plus tax.

Having moved from California a couple of years back, I found the doc fee very high but it seems the norm around here. You probably could save $200 on the aquisition fee, and the MF should be .00230 if your credit justifies it. I don't think that you can come anywhere close to negotiating $1K over invoice. If you were talking about the 3.0 X5 then I would say that's easy. The 4.8's are much tighter. Picking up the car in SC will not save you a penny, although I'm told that they will give you a tour and some driving instruction/courses over there. I am very happy with the dealer from whom I leased my car. I would be happy to give you his contact info. They are 100 miles outside Atlanta, and I'm told that they pick up and service vehicles in Atlanta for their customers.
  • jdk03jdk03 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info.

I ended up getting $3,200 off of sticker (MSRP 67,320 selling price: 64,120) BUT Paid 825 Acq. fee, $499 doc fee, and .00240 MF (.00230 is buy rate, adding that extra .0001 was the equivalent of about $500 in selling price which means it was like only getting $2,700 off of MSRP) Looks like we got about the same deal...
  • I have owned several BMW's and currently have an '04 X5 which I am due to turn in off lease in September. Does anyone have a clue as to why BMW is not offering any lease specials on a vehicle that does not appear to be selling well? I travel the US for work and have specifically looked for new X5's on the road as I visit different cities. I don't see many at all, so I thought BMW may offer some special incentives, not true. Also, their lack of any owner loyalty programs really bothers me. Is anyone seeing any special financing deals or know of any new programs coming out in the near future?

Thanks,

Dan
  • BMW will waive the security deposit if you are a current BMW FS customer.
  • i'm looking for a 2007 X5 3.0 with the following options:

- 3rd row seats
    - premium package
    - navigation
    - dvd

edmunds.com shows
    msrp $56,125
    invoice $51,605
    average prices paid: $54,465

what is a good, reasonable price to expect from the dealers?

thanks!!
    I'm not sure where you are that you don't see new X5s around. I live in NY and see them all over the place. We were able to get a good deal from the dealer ($1K over invoice, base mf...), but if the trucks are selling well, them why should BMW subsidize the leases? I have a friend who ordered an X5 last week (Fully loaded 4.8i) and the dealership (Westchester BMW, a BMWNA owned store) told him it wouldn't be in until December.

• supposedly, every dealership I went to in the boston area told me that the x5's are selling extremely well and they cannot make enough of them. Usually u can only find one x5 on the lot and thats for demo only.
  • achonkoachonko Posts: 51
    It also seems that BMW X5 is losing sales to the ML from Mercedes and the MDX from Acura.
    The sales picture within the US over the last two months have shown a declining X5 sales, whilst the ML and the MDX continued to show improved sales figures.
    So I won't be surprised to see a very competitive sales effort from BMW.
    I also think part of the reason could be price differences amongst other things
  • chaddy75chaddy75 Posts: 48
    Yes I agree. The 2008 Mercedes ML's are out and they drive pretty sweet not to mention prices/leases are much more attractive than X5's. The are clearly doing a good job pushing these sales. Although I am accumstomed to having BMW's for 10 years now, I must say I was impressed with the ML's performance as well as exterior style. Also, their standard seats in front and back rows were very comfy.
    2 weeks after my wife took delivery of her '07 X5 3.0si, my Dad got his '07 X5 3.0si (turning in his '04 X5 3.0iA)! Saphire Black Metallic/Black Leather with Sport Package, Premium Package, & Cold Weather Package.

He does a lot of driving. He took out a 30 month/50,000 mile lease (20K miles per year). With the base lease rate of .0023 and a $1000 over invoice price, his payment is about $930 per month. We got the base Acq. fee of $625 and didn't have to leave a security deposit because he's a returning BMWFS customer.

Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY gave us the great price and were really wonderful to work with. Our salesman happened to be a car nut and was very knowledgeable about the product.

My Dad looked at the ML before he drove the X5. MB is definitely subsidizing their leases with their "Summer of Love" sales event. The ML would have been cheaper to lease than the X5. We were blown away by how well the X5 drove. We drove it back to back with the ML350. We thought the X5 was tighter, faster, abd had much nicer fit and finish compared to the ML. The X5's interior materials seemed much higher quality. The ML was much roomier on the inside.

Another reason why the X5 might be losing sales to both the ML and MDX, at least for the 3.0i which is the biggest sales contributor is that it is weaker than the ML and MDX in terms of engine.X5 3.0<ML350<MDX

In terms of options, both the MDX and the ML has more standard options than the X5, and yet they cost less than the X5.

I think BMW needs to talk to do the following:
    1. Talk to their arrogant dealers to sit up.
    2. Fix the pricing or at least do something in the engine department.
    Yes I also like the drive of the X5 better than the ML. It's sportier, more snug, handles very well and the finishes are pretty sleek. But I would be willing to sacrifice this for a sporty lookling ML with a more affordable price tag. I'm sure that is why the sales have shot up on these ML's b/c of the attractive pricing.
  • the old ml suffered from fit and finish and the new one does as well. the mdx looks blatantly ugly, and the x5 retains similar exterior styling a stiffer asking price. given the other options the x5 is the best option by default
  • Here is my 2c. I&#146;ve got my x5 4.8 in May and I drove already close to 5k (I am consultant and have to drive to customers). It replaced my 2004 X5 that had just one issue - engine problem after 8 months. The problem was fixed in 4 days and I never had another problem with the car. My wife replaced her ML430 2001(this car had 3 problems in 6 years, two windows switch related and one power steering) with ML550 ten days ago. We&#146;ve got 1200 miles on it already - trip LA-SF-Napa-Sacramento-La. Both SUV&#146;s have minimum options and we are paying similar monthly fees (within $30 difference). X5 handles much better, especially high speed cornering. However, ML550 feels much quicker, roomier and even that leather not as good as x5&#146;s, seats are very comfortable during long trips. I like x5 engine sound, but ML550 definitely quieter inside. X5 brakes have better feel and outside has better finish (both SUV&#146;s are black). Inside, IMO, ML550 looks richer and more sophisticated. ML has more option for the money, but I like X5 outside look better.

If handling, specifically cornering, is important for you, get the X5. If not, ML could be a good choice too.
    Thanks for your 2c. A very interesting comparison between both vehicles.
  • ko56ko56 Posts: 2
    What is the pricing I should pay to buy a 2008 X5 3.0 with Cold weather package, premium package & technology package?
    What we don't know right now is the price of the 2008 X5 as BMW is yet to release it. So with this in mind, it will be hard to give an estimate on the price for the 2008, but my guess is it that it may attract about $300-$1000 premium over the 2007 model depending on how you option it.
  • ko56ko56 Posts: 2
    I was told that by BMW that the 2008 X5 will be the same price as the 2007. With the options mentioned above what should I be willing to pay for the X5 3.0?
    Something like $1500 above invoice will be reasonable.
  • sdhillsdhill Posts: 7
    Could you send my your dealership info please? You purchased/leased what I am looking for only I am wanting the entertainment pkg for the kids.

Thanks, S
    Can anyone tell me if they have seen an X5 with the auto lift on the back door?
    Can you believe that a dealership in NC told me that it was msrp only on the X5? Basically he told me that due to the demand for them he would only sell at msrp. And further stated that he was working with me as some dealerships were above msrp. :mad: Has anyone else had this said to them? Should I go to another dealership?
  • bergsbergs Posts: 4
    That's absurd. I live in Chicago and have received numerous offers $1500 over invoice. Don't pay MSRP...also, the power liftgate is available 11/1. If you need a few dealer names let me know...
    Please do send me names of dealers. I am in NC. Dealer just informed me that MSD was a "thing of the past". Not many people utilize this anymore. Is that so? Also, any feedback on this would be great!

This is the dealerships offer on the following:
    X5 4.8i
    cold weather package
    premium package
    premium sound package
    rear climate package
    technology package
    sport package
    running boards
    comfort access
    20" Y spoke wheels
    3rd row seats
    Sat Radio
    HD Radio
    entertainment package

To buy: $70,889 plus tax & tax
    To Lease: (based on selling price of $70,390) $1710.60 Down / $1193.54 month

Please give feedback. Am I getting "humped"??
    Thanks