Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• greg75greg75 Posts: 2
    Rezf,

Thanks for the "Option Credit" tip. I'm hoping to get a X5 3.0 (with nevada, rear climate and iPOD) for around $42,000 plus 825 destination. Do you think this is possible?

Any other negotiation tips/tactics?

Greg
  • rezfrezf Posts: 29
    I don't know what your MSRP is?
    General rule is find the invoice pricing then add $500-$1000 to that price and that should be your purchase price. Now, with the option credit deduct the amount from the last value. To sum

Invoice + $500 to $1000 - Option Credit = the purchase price
  • greg75greg75 Posts: 2
    Thanks Rezf.

May I ask for a little more advice?

I currently live in Baltimore, MD but am moving to Honolulu, HI in 30 days. There is only one BMW dealership in Hawaii, and therefore, I'm worried about not getting a reasonable deal if I wait to buy an X5 in Hawaii.

In Maryland, I've started talking with several of the dozen local dealerships. Is it possible for me to place an order with a local dealership but plan to have the X5 delivered in Honolulu, HI? How would this have to work, and would I have to pay any extra fees?

Greg
  • rezfrezf Posts: 29
    I had a friend from Hawaii who was looking for an X5 but the one dealership in town did not want to deal. I put him in touch with the local dealership I buy from in Maryland, and he got a great deal. Unfortunately, the cost of trucking the car to Hawaii would have defeated the purpose of getting a good deal. The "courtesy delivery" is not really an option as most dealers would not want to spend the time to do a vehicle delivery for someone else and not get any $$ from it.
    My advice to you is shop locally...you always get the best deal.
    If you like, leave me your email and I will forward my sales manager's email and contact info for you to get in touch with. Their prices are always hands down better than the other Maryland dealers
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,719
    Since the BMW dealership in Hawaii has a captive market, I doubt they'd agree to do a courtesy delivery for another dealer.

I'm not sure you can pull it off, but if you were to do it, you'd be better off shopping for the car in California and having them ship it to the island..the shipping charges would be much less from there. If you can save $3000 or so, then it might pay off..

But, who knows what kind of service you'd get from the Hawaii dealer after that? I think trying to get the best deal you can from them would be the way to go.. Let them know you are considering other makes.. They might not have any BMW competition, but they've got competition from other makes..

Also.. the most important question... How do I get to move to Hawaii?
    regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bmw_x5bmw_x5 Posts: 2
    I just contacted my dealer and asked about the option credit after depositing $500 last month on my ordered X5 3.0. They just called back and gave me the full $2500. I pick it up the weekend.
  • osheasfosheasf Posts: 1
    do you mind letting me know the dealer name and location. I am looking at a 2008 X5 but my dealer in NM says he does not know anything about it!

Thanks.
  • bmw_x5bmw_x5 Posts: 2
    New Country BMW in Hartford, Conn
  • or do you think they will take $47,600?

36 months lease
    2008 3.0 X5
    Alpine White
    Tobacco leather
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    I-Pod Adaptor
    MSRP: $52,875.00
    Negotiated price $49,995.00
    $5,000.00 Total down
    12,000 miles per year
    MF= 00275
    RV=55%
    $717.91 + tax

I live in CA.

I have run the numbers on the Edmunds lease calculator and came out with a lower payment. Any advice on why?
  • Is the sport package worth the price? I'm going to get an X5 with premium and tech, but I'm undecided on the sport package. How much different is the handling?

Thanks!
  • anon3anon3 Posts: 147
    It depends on how you like to drive. The base X5 will have a little more lean in corners and you will notice more bounce over undulating pavement. The sport package tires will be lower profile and the suspension is slightly firmer, so you'll have better control and a better sense of connectedness with the road. Many people are concerned about a harsh ride with the sport package (intrusive impacts and kicks over broken pavement) but I never found the current X5's sport package to be harsh. The sport package in the current X5 includes active suspension (electronic damping control) which yields better control without an excessively harsh ride. Even with the sport package's all season performance tires (don't get 20" performance wheels if you plan to drive in heavy snow), the X5 is very quiet and you will not have to worry about excessive road noise from the tires.

The other thing to consider is that the sport package can include the 20-way comfort seats instead of the sport seats at no additional cost. The comfort seats are absolutely worthwhile (IMO), although they can be ordered as a stand alone item without the sport package.

Keep in mind that this is a heavy vehicle. The sport package controls that weight better in spirited driving.

If you like "spirited driving" or like to have a little fun occassionally in curves and around corners, the sport package might be a good fit. And if you combine the comfort seats with the sport package, it's not a bad value. But if you just want to cruise down the highway in a straight line and enjoy a comfortable ride, then it might not be worth $3,700.

I have always ordered the sport package with my BMWs and I could never go back to the base suspension. The additional bounce / lean and reduction in control around corners drives me nuts. The base model is still a BMW and handling is very competent, but why buy a BMW if you're not going to maximize BMW's trademark handling?

Overall, BMW did a good job with the sport package in the X5 in the sense that it yields better control without much trade off in ride quality.
  • ohnims2ohnims2 Posts: 28
    Hi, I just got a quote from a dealer
    telling me an X5 for a MSRP of $55925 for $48320!
    savings of 7605 dollars.
    Does that sound too good to be true?
    Thanks
  • 29202920 Posts: 3
    I am a first timer buyer in the US (european relocator)

Im considering buying a new X5. Are the any reason for me to close the deal before end of june. Im thinking of incentives, etc. I have read about an "option credit" on this site - is it still valid ?

I am buying in cash - Does that give me any specific advantages beside I am able to do a quick deal, if the right offer appears. Im thinking of stuff like cash discount, etc.

I am also considering the X6. The prices for X5 4,8i and X6 3,5i are very close, and I love both cars. I am staying in the US for 2-3 years time, so I have think about selling the car again. Which one of the two will hold the best and will be the easiest to sell ?
  • ohnims2ohnims2 Posts: 28
    Hi, I just saw a dealer in NY and the option credit was still valid, but only till june 30th.
    Also, the dealer told me that leasing or financing or paying in cash would not make a difference in the price.
  • vietdovietdo Posts: 1
    My name is VDo, and living in WA. I am planning to buy X5 -2008 this week, but I need helps and advice with best deals, price to buy it. Thank you very much

VietDo
  • lamark72lamark72 Posts: 7
    Does anyone know if the "option credit" for the premium package is still available?

What's the money factor and residual value for 36M/12K lease on X5?

Thanks
  • asharm6asharm6 Posts: 5
    I placed an order for 3.0 X5 on last Friday (06/27) and got the $2505 option credit. I paid: Edmunds.com Invoice - $500 - $2505 (including all season floor mats).
    Thanks for sharing. Do you mean invoice + 500 -2500 or -500?
    Also where are you located?
    I negotiated for a price $500 below invoice and I got $2505 credit on top of that or you can say $3005 below invoice. The dealer is in Fremont, CA.
  • us_matrixus_matrix Posts: 10
    Great Deal.... Can you give me the sales person name from Fremont dealer? I live in that area.

Thanks.
  • dosanimdosanim Posts: 3
    Would you share with us which option spec you acquired?
    Did you get any other option package such as tech or 3rd row seating etc?
    Nice work. Did you go through a bidding process or just pick one to work with? Is it easier to knock down the price on a factory order or a car on the lot?

Thanks for sharing, and congrats.
    I got the deal from Internet Sales Advisor. Email: jimeneza1@autonation.com. My name is Atul. You can give my reference.
    I got Premium Package, Technology Package, Heated Front Seats, IPOD/USB adaptor, HD Radio and Running Boards.
    No it was not through bidding. Usually it is easier to get a better deal on a car on the lot but in this economy dealers are willing to negotiate on special orders as well. Even the sales of premium SUVs are getting affected to high gas prices. I am not a good negotiator and I think it is possible to get even better deal than this :)
  • Anybody have recommendations to a bmw dealer in NJ (central would be best) that has a good buying experience and also good deals as well?

Also, in particular, has anyone dealt with Circle BMW in Eatontown, nj? Right now i'm looking at the x5 and even possibly the x5 diesel version when it comes out.

Thanks
  • ceyc_01ceyc_01 Posts: 3
    just bought X5 3.0 in Southern California

2008 X5 3.0si
    Alpine WhiteBlack Nappa LeatherPremium Pkg.
    Rear ClimateAutomatic
    Technology Pkg.
    Running Boards
    Comfort Seats
    Ipod USB
    MSRP: $55,825
    Price: $50,595*
  • mikey777mikey777 Posts: 9
    Hi Rezf,
    Just curious. What is the name of the dealership? Please email me at msynn@yahoo.com.
    Thank you,
  • mikey777mikey777 Posts: 9
    Hi Ohnims2,
    That sounds pretty good. Which dealership?
  • rdxerrdxer Posts: 33
    This sounds correct -- it's almost to the dollar what I paid for my X5 (picked up last week). Good luck.