Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• anon3anon3 Posts: 147
    I don't think anyone has mentioned the rebates offered by the BMW Car Club ( http://www.bmwcca.org/MembershipRewards ). Car Club members are eligible for rebates on BMW vehicle purchases if you've been a member for 1 year before you buy the car. A $45 membership fee could get you up to $1,500 rebate depending on the model.

This doesn't help if you're going to buy one tomorrow, but if a BMW is in your future, a car club membership is a cheap way to get a rebate in addition to other incentives and promotions.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,970
    Good post!!

It works... I collected $500 on our last 3-series purchase... :D

BTW, the money comes from BMW NA..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,128
    you also get ROUNDEL, a great magazine to boot!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• kalbo607kalbo607 Posts: 12
    I am planning to get an X5 very soon, does anyone know of any deals being offered at this time?

Thanks
  • I was looking for some additional perspectives on this question. My wife and I are leasing an 07 X3 and 05 X5. We are violating all common sense laws regarding cars (not an investment, do not lease new because of high depreciation, do not get emotionally involved, etc.), but this is one emotional indulgence we have (expensive one too!).

But we are very emtionally tied to these vehicles. We have a passion for them. At the end of the leases we were thinking of financing to buy. From a common sense standpoint we are taking 7-8 years to pay these vehicles off, then what will we have? Another 3-4 years of no payments but costly maintenance? If we release every 3-4 years with little of no money down, we get new car every 3-4 years, no maintenace, but knowing that you will always have car payments with little maintenance outlays.

Does anyone have any advice from experience that could provide us with more information?

Thank you!
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,970
    My advice.. regarding BMWs:

Lease, then lease again.. Just be flexible on the model you want... There is almost always a BMW model that has great lease deals on it.

With the included maintenance, you'll never have to pay for anything extra, except tires..

I'd guess that you'd have to buy and drive your off-lease BMW for 5 more years, at least, to come out ahead of continuing to lease new models, and I'm not sure that would even work..

Please note.. this advice only applied to BMWs.

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• raodenraoden Posts: 14
    Can some people in the NJ Area post what is the best price they have gotten for the BMW X5. Edmunds TMV price is just $500 less than the MSRP. Is this the lowest price that people are getting in the NJ area? I did see some earlier posts from people that they have got 1K off the MSRP. Can people post the latest deals that they are getting. Thx
  • sheikh37sheikh37 Posts: 7
    I paid 1000 over invoice for a car I ordered per my specifications here in Pittsburgh..leased per bmwfs current rates for X-5's..If you need a dealer contact let me know....the guys I dealt with per professional with no games...
    Sheikh37 thanks for your response. Good to know people are getting these numbers. Was this for a X5 3.0 or X5 4.8?
    I have done the test drives and compared it to other vehicles. I have decided on getting X5 3.0. I am going to start talking with dealers, some time next week. Wanted to get some info before I talk with the salesmen. Please let me know which dealer you worked with, If nobody is ready to meet this price in NJ I will drive 5 hours to Pittsburgh.
    Also did you talk to the internet sales dept? or did you talk face to face?
  • golfpro3golfpro3 Posts: 4
    I am looking for 2007 X5 WITH FOLLOWING FEATURES:

Premium Package
    Comfort Package
    Heated Front/Rear Seats
    Running Board
    IPOD Adaptor

What should I expect to Pay for the purchase?
    I got a 3.0 with premium, cold weather, technology,rear climate, heated rear seats, running boards and third row seats...I actually e mailed all the sales managers in the dealerships in my area...not internet or sales people....only sales managers(got the e mails off their websites) all of them gave me good offers....around 1500 over invoice...this guy I had set up a meeting from before so when I went I said 1000 over and told him about the offers..he didnt argue said fine...so I didnt bother calling up the rest to haggle as it was good enough for me....maybe I could have saved a few hundred more on MACO etc.....he did not try to mark up the money factor or the aquisition so everything was very straightfroward from what I can see....plus nice guys to deal with....I can let them know if u are interested....it was Paul Rahal at Bobby Rahal bmw of south hills....tell him Dr Ali said good things...I was initially willing to drive way more to get a good deal but these guys agreed so I lucked out...5 hours isn't a bad drive....
    Thanks again for the info. I am going to start by asking the sales managers in the NJ area. I will post the prices that I am getting.
  • kabbalahkabbalah Posts: 37
    I'd like to know your dealer contact. I am in Atlanta but I can order a vehicle & pick it up in SC if the price is right.

thanks
    I am coming off a 39m lease on an X5 4.4 with sport. the list on my current vehicle was approx $64K when leased. A comparable new one lists at approx 10 grand more. My question to all of you is what do you think of the 6cyl X5. If I order the 6 cylinder its about 10 grand less than the 4.8. I would have no hesitation if they offered the 3.5l twin turbo thats in the 335. I'm also going to look at the new Cayenne. I didn't like the Q7.
    please see my reply in message # 618
    Thank you. I will give them a call.
  • jb_shinjb_shin Posts: 357
    The April issue of Roundel (BMWCCA club magazine) has comparison between X5 3.0 and Acura MDX, and X3 and RDX. It also has one on X5 4.8 and Q7. In X5 3.0 vs MDX article, the writer leaned towards MDX for handling, stereo and navigation. The article points out that MDX also costs 16k less, comparably equipped.

While the same author (I think) the extra 10k for X3 (against RDX) is worth every penny, MDX is the winner when compared to X5.
  • wooboswoobos Posts: 2
    Need to purchase an X5 4.8 in Florida. (sports pkg, Premium pkg, tech pkg). Pls. advice on what kind of discount I can expect and also which dealers to approach.

Thanks
  • anon3anon3 Posts: 147
    The cable to connect an iPod to the new X5 is now available at dealers. But there's a problem with it if you have an X5 that was built before March/April 2007.

BMW's cable uses a 3.5mm connector for sound and a USB connector to control the iPod with the car's entertainment functions (and it charges the iPod too.) If you have iDrive, you can get a software update to control the iPod through the iDrive. But if your X5 was an early production model, you probably don't have the USB port and therefore you can't control the iPod from the car. So look in the compartment under the armrest to see if you have both the USB port and the auxiliary input before you make a trip to the dealer.

You can use BMW's cable to get sound from the iPod using the 3.5 mm connector, but why pay $50 for BMW's cable when you can do the same thing with a $10 cable from any store like BestBuy? Then just use the iPod's controls for volume and music. It sounds just fine and you save $40 and a trip to the dealer.
  • I'm looking to buy my first car here and am wondering what a good price in this area is and if anyone has any suggestions. I want the premium pkg, tech pkg, heated front and rear seats and maybe sirius sat. radio. MSRP is 54,770 and invoice is 50,365. Thanks!