Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• How much BMW dealer may discount on 2009 X5 3.0? $3000 less MSRP? Anybody has experience?

I spoke to one sales. He said the bad economic condition seems no impact on BMW sales. I can't believe it.
  • The difference between a 2008 and 2009 model will be clearly stated by the model designation... 2008's "si" vs 2009's "xDrive"
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,655
    Oh yeah!!

Thanks!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• The salespeople at BMW wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't say sales weren't impacting them. I heard from one dealer that this was the case. I thanked him and let him know that I was going to another dealership to get a real quote. Sure enough, the next dealer ended up selling me the x5 for 7,000 under MSRP or $3,000 under invoice. These guys are hurting like everyone and need to move merchandise. Don't be fooled by pressure tactics and salesmen saying the economy for BMW is fine. If you want to negotiate a good deal, let them know you're shopping around. Most importantly, be prepared to walk - the economy's not getting better anytime soon and the glut of cars out there won't disappear anytime soon. Happy Hunting!
  • Has anyone heard of any dealer incentives being offered by BMW on the X5? I saw Acura just offered some new ones (2k) on their 09 MDXs.
  • Thanks for the inputs.

I am surprised you could get $7000 under MSRP for 2009 X5. Where in the country for this? Is it for brand new order? Or just pick a inventory? If not inventory but fresh new order, how long it taks to get ready? 4 weeks? Happy for you.
  • One of the BMW dealer told me if it is a 2008 X5, he can give me $4000 or $5000 less MSRP. For 2009 X5, he can only offer -$2000.

How did you get $7000 off MSRP? Can you elaborate your case? Thanks.
  • make our life so difficult?

I think the salesman are asking the same question :P
  • For an 08 X5, (if there are still some available)
    you would be able to get it for 7k less than MSRP or 2k-3k below invoice.

But for 09 X5, the most I heard was about 3k below MSRP or about 1k above
    Invoice.

BMW is impacted by the economy, there's no doubt, but it's one of the least affected by the slowed economy.

But, the bad economy isn't going to get better anytime soon, so just shopping around and being ready to walk away would definately help.
  • laakylaaky Posts: 13
    just bought the diesel X-5, 2009 with $3600 below MSRP.Heard alot of excellent comments on the diesel and hope that they are all true. 2008 X-5's are going for at least $1500 below invoice to compensate for the premium pkg that was offered for free early in the fall. SO with the economy, I would hope you can get $2K or more depending upon letting the salesman make a living also. Diesel also has a $1500 federal tax incentive.
  • I just bought a X5 3.0 2009. I got 2800 off of MSRP in Houston.
    God Luck.
  • I got a quote from a dealer in Boston area, saying I could get a new '09 X5 with $500 abolve the invoice... Not sure if this is a reasonable deal. Any comments? Thanks!
  • That sounds like a really good deal,
    because from where I live, I'm still doing a research, in upstate NY,
    the dealers are only willing to give me about 1k above invoice.
    Do you have a trade-in?
  • The TMV price does it includes the dealer fees, tag and taxes?, or this is all separate from this price or for any of the 3 listed prices, also is $ 499 over invoice price a good deal, will appreciate much your replies, thank you.
  • yes i do, but i may not rade it in the dealer , most likely sell it to carmax.
  • No, I don't have trade-in. Eventually, I'll lease the car, but for now, I just told the sales person I intend to buy it, just trying to get low MSRP first. But I think I might wait till after the X'mas and see if getting sth lower than the invoice. -
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 159
    I was looking at 09 X5's and was offered $3200 off sticker on an ordered unit by a Chicago dealer. I had an 04 X5 that I traded for a 528xi and it was a nice car, but the 09's are really expensive. I ended up with an 08 Acura MDX with tech package - my wife had an 05 Acura MDX and that's what she had said she wanted anyway. The interior of the MDX isn't as nice in my opinion - especially the plasti-wood, but it was $20,000 less and she's happy.
  • Here they are:

Swing Away Hitch-Mounted Bike Carrier:

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemView.aspx?modelId=248&categoryId=80&productCat- egoryId=&menuId=3&subItemId=1&productId=521

Swing Away Hitch-Mounted Ski and Snowboard Carrier:

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemView.aspx?modelId=248&categoryId=80&productCat- egoryId=&menuId=3&subItemId=1&productId=626

Do I need to buy and install Hitch separately before install those two? How much extra?

If I buy those, can I use them on other SUV, saying Cayenne or Lexus LX?

Are there other places I can buy similar stuff, without paying BMW extra prices?
  • I've been offered a 2008 X5 demo with 6k miles on it. The MSRP is 55.5. I've been offered 48k. Is this ia good deal? Thanks for your feedback.
  • Can someone please post the money factor, residual, etc for 2009 X5 4.8? I am looking to lease 24-36 mos with 10-12k miles/yr. Thanks.
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    Hi cemjack,

Please let me know if you have any more questions. With $0 capitalized cost reduction, 36 months is the optimal term.

2009 BMW X5 4.8i
    24 Months - 10,000 Miles per Year - 66% Residual - 0.00150 Money Factor
    27 Months - 10,000 Miles per Year - 64% Residual - 0.00150 Money Factor
    30 Months - 10,000 Miles per Year - 63% Residual - 0.00150 Money Factor
    36 Months - 10,000 Miles per Year - 60% Residual - 0.00150 Money Factor

24 Months - 12,000 Miles per Year - 65% Residual - 0.00150 Money Factor
    27 Months - 12,000 Miles per Year - 63% Residual - 0.00150 Money Factor
    30 Months - 12,000 Miles per Year - 62% Residual - 0.00150 Money Factor
    36 Months - 12,000 Miles per Year - 59% Residual - 0.00150 Money Factor

Best,
    Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • rt909rt909 Posts: 4
    Just purchased 2009 X5 3.0 for $1000 over invoice (3000 below MSRP) with following options.

Premium pkg, Tech Pkg, Cold wthr pkg, Rear climate pkg,3rdr row seat,Sirius, ipod&USB adapter, Running boards, Smartphone Integration.

I am sure you can get it at $500 abouve invoice in some places of the country. I live in DC Metro and that was the best I got from here. Email or PM me if I can be of help. Thanks.
  • I am in the market to buy one for my wife, just like the one you got 3.0, with pretty much all those options, can you tell me what you ended up paying for out the door, and what was your price before any taxes and fees, also did you paid any dealer prep fees or just transportation fees, would appreaciate very much any info you can give me.
  • rt909rt909 Posts: 4
    Only thing I paid other than State Tax & Title is Processing fee ($349), Business License Tax($95). Edmunds invoice price with all my options is $54250 and my price is $55300. Hope this helps. I am not sure which state you live in, if you add above fees +state tax&title + $1000 over invoice, then that should give you a figure to work with. There are folks who got X5 for $500 over invoice. It all depends on supply and demand. Good luck.
  • Matt (eights38) - thanks for the information. Very helpful. Any other info I might need before heading down to the dealership? I used standard lease calculator with data you provided to arrive at lease payment.

Also, does anyone know where I can find lease info on BMW 3 series?

Thanks again.
  • 30,500 miles, paid 28500, cpo, with .90 per cent financing. black on black upgraded leather, brand new tires and first two payments on bmw.. sound like a good deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,655
    One correction...

It's not a V-6

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• i just got a 2009 x5 blacksapphire,tobacco leather,cold package premium package rear climate package,tech package ,running boards,sat radio ipod adpt,smart phone int,.......................for only first months payment 774.99 and 327 for tax title registation.at signing...............also includes tire insurace package ......good deal?
  • Where are you located, if you dont mind telling me, I am in Miami, and here below $57,000 will he hard to get one, but i am considering buying the car out of state if I can save $1500 or more.
  • Reading the posts, I'm confused at to the current MF for a 2009 X5 - I've seen both .0015 and .00125 in the posts, and a dealer I contacted for an internet quote insists its now .00175.

Anyone have the real scoop?