Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• murnmurn Posts: 3
    This 2009 X5 3.0i (at dealer lot in Atlanta) is Monaco Blue with Saddle Brown Nevada leather interior and has the following options:

Premium package
    Technology package
    Cold weather package
    Rear climate package
    Satellite radio
    iPod/USB
    Smartphone integration

MSRP is 57,020. Dealer has offered $52,010. Dealer also said the 2.9% specified on the BMW website for X5's is the best he can do - he has no discretion. TMV on Edmunds seems to suggest this is an ok deal. Anyone have any thoughts? Is the statement about the financing rate correct even though the bulk of their models can be purchased at .9%?
  • bond007jbbond007jb Posts: 37
    I think you can do better on the price. My 08 MSRP'd at 59950 and I got it for 52K even + TTL. Don't think you will be able to negotiate on the interest rate, that's standard from BMW FS, but if you wait a few months I am sure it will drop to .9 on the X5s as well.

Good Luck
  • greybmwgreybmw Posts: 5
    Hey all, I've been a silent watcher of this blog till now but I'm looking for some help.

I'm looking to buy a 2009 x5 3.0i with premium package, cold weather, technology, rear climate control, 3rd row seats, running boards, (if the car comes with it then the ipod and usb adapter with smart phone integration). MSRP is
    $58,825. Can any one tell me what a good price would be for this car? i've gotten quotes for about 52,500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or even other deals that people have gotten in the last month or so would be great. Is there a good dealer in the tristate area that will give you the best deal?

Thanks all!
  • tylerg2tylerg2 Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking at X5 with similar packages. $52,500 is $1500 below invoice, so I'd say that's a pretty good deal! Is $52,500 including the $1750 loyalty cash?

The best I've found on an MSRP of $59,070 is $54,150 ($55,900 minus the $1750).
    tylerg2,

that 52,500 i believe includes the $1750 discount. Another dealer told me that there is no $1750 discount on the x5 (its only for a lease). but i don't think thats true. Which dealer did you get your deal from? Mine is from bmw of teanfly.
    also does anyone know if we order a car to our specifications, do we lock in the 2.9% rate and get the two months payment? As per one dealer you can only lock in the 2.9% rate (prestige bmw) and as per hassel BMW you can lock in the 2.9 and first two months payment.

no one gives you a normal answer. Can anyone shed any light on this?
  • pt838pt838 Posts: 16
    I have a 08 X5 and 06 330Xi, I did not like the sales experience at Hassel. I found their sales people very unprofessional. I would be very careful with them. That much I can tell you!!!
    An update...so tenafly said they made a mistake on the deal and its actually 1750 more!!!! Went to hassel and they showed me a car with MSRP of 58,275 that they would give me for $53465. I took that deal to rallye who originally offered me the same car for $54525. Rallye finally agreed to getting me that car for $53160. That I think is the best deal I can get. $5100 below MSRP. What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger? Also the car is $400 cheaper 'cause it was produced on Dec. 12th 2008 before the price increase.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 8,010
    Just to be curious & nosy, if you didn't like the sales experience at Hassell, why go back the second time for your X5? Did they give you the best price?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

Where did you read in my post that I went back in second time. Once was too much!!! I have 2 BMW's and the family has a total of 4. We purchase or lease them from PACE BMW or DCH BMW of Bloomfield.
  • To lock in rates or incentives, you need to get your docs in prior to the ending of that particular months incentives. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what happens to the incentives should you wait to take delivery; they could be better at the time your car is delivered, yet they could be worse. What I'm trying to say is that you get whatever incentives are available at the time you sign your docs, not when you order, unless you sign and start paying for the car before it is delivered. Make sense?

Ordering a car to your particular specs can be a bit tricky. All manufacturer's are different, but many times, all the dealer can do is submit your build order request, and then it needs to get approved by the manufacturer. Plus, you'll also most-likely be required to lay out a deposit; not a big deal as they are usually refundable, but dealer's like them as "good faith" to show you're serious. Also,they want to make darn sure you really want the car, because a botched order usually takes away from their allocation. Sorry, this is all mumbo-jumbo, but to answer your question. Expect to get the incentives that are available at the time you sign and take delivery of your vehicle.
    Sorry dude. I just assumed. So you've bought from NJ, Westchester, & Long Island dealers? Where do you live? Where do you service the cars? Do you service the cars at different dealers than you bought them at?

I work in Manhattan, and live on the island. We service our cars at BMW of Manhattan. They have the world's best Service Advisor, Salina Cancel. Whenyou make your appointment, ask for her. But be careful, they also have the worst service advisor, some guy name John. If you get him, find somebody else.

What do you drive?
    That a Long Island guy would schlep to Jersey to buy a car, but if you service them in the city then it doens't matter.

My car is a 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH. I also have a 1990 E30 325iA.

My wife drives an '07 X3 3.0si, My Mom drives an '08 328xi, & My Dad drives an '07 X5 3.0si. We leased all the cars from Wide World BMW in Rockland County. There is a service advisor there named Steve who is also top notch.

The modern BMWs rarely have to go in the shop. I think my wife's has been in maybe 3 times in a year and a half.

• I'm about to buy a new 2009 X5 4.8. MSRP $74,925 and the dealer is offering it to me at $70,305, a discount of MSRP of $4,620. He said this is $800 above invoice. I'm in the sf bay area, california.
    Finally bought the car from Rallye BMW in long island. I got a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 - Ext. Space Gray and Int. Black Nevada Leather.

Premium package, Technology package, Rear Climate control package, cold weather package, 3rd row seats, running boards, USB / ipod adaptor - MSRP: $58,675

I paid $53160 for the car. So i got $5515 off the msrp. Thats the best deal I could get. We actually ended up getting two. One for my wife and my uncle picked up one in vermillion red (its not on the website but you can now get the x5 3.0 in vermillion red).

Hope this helps.
  • jayvisjayvis Posts: 76
    Let me get this straight. You claim that modern BMWs rarely have to go in the shop and then say your wife's '07 X3 has been in 3 times in a year and a half. I'm assuming the 3 times was for general maintanence (oil change and tire rotation) then. 3 times in the shop for problems over the life of my vehicle would be unacceptable to me. That's why I no longer own BMWs.
  • Did you check the invoice price in edmunds.com? I think you should get below invoice price. Which dealer did you go?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    3 times in the shop for problems over the life of my vehicle would be unacceptable to me. That's why I no longer own BMWs

Thats also not acceptable to me, I prefer cars that are extremely reliable, and I think I can only trust lexus on that.

Which bmws did you own? Reliability problems?

What car do you drive now?

I am currently looking for a new car, I'd like the x6, but the issues I've read are horrible, thinking about the RX but not to fond on the looks of it.
    I currently drive a 2009 Lexus RX350. I wasn't really taken with the looks of the RX either but it has grown on me to the point that I now prefer it's styling over the BMW X3. I chose the Lexus over everything else because of my outstanding experiences with Toyotas and Lexus reputation for reliability. I owned a 325i for 3 years and had electrical and transmission issues. It, along with bad reviews of the X3 and X5 on these forums was enough to steer me away from another Bimmer. I'm happy with the RX350 so far (no issues, knock on wood) and am very impressed with our Lexus dealer's attention after the sale.
    I can't dispute the quality & durability of Lexus. There is a vendor I buy from who drives an RX300 (maybe it is an '02 if I'm not mistaken) with over 325,000 miles.

Looking through my wife's X3 maintenance records. We took delivery of the X3 in July of 2007.

It went back to the dealer in September for a check engine light. Turned out to be a faulty carbon filter. The truck was in the shop for a day and my wife got a loaner and was no way inconvenienced.

The X3 did not return to the dealer until June of '08 for its first service. With over 15,000 miles on the odometer. Again, the truck was in and out of the shop in a day and my wofe was provided with a loaner car and not inconvenienced.

If that's unreliable to you, then I don't know what to tell you. Personally I would never own a Toyota or Lexus. I can't stand the floaty and completely isolated ride. Feels like you are driving your couch.

• mountain view bmw. i called and went to a few others but they don't have the x5 that i want with all the options i need. san rafael sonnen just told me 500 over invoice. how much below invoice do you think is good?

Thanks!
    To each his own. Some people prefer comfort and others prefer old go-carts.
    For all you Lexus lovers out there, this is the BMW forum. I agree with nyccarguy. I currently have an '08 X5 3.0. Love it. Previously had an 00' ML320 and a 03' ML350. Before getting the X5, I looked at and drove the RX350, it was very very disappointing in ride quality. Nothing special at all. It's just a Toyota Highlander with a Lexus grille. Also, the German car beats the Japanese car in electronic intergration. How do you run your iPod on you Lexus, with and Auxiliary cable? Finally, what are you paying for service at Lexus. I currently pay $0 for service (including brakes and wiper blades) for both my BMW's. So not only do I have better driving car, it cost me less to own.
    I'm not here to dog BMWs (I've owned one in the past). I was just chiming in on the reliability discussion. Your claim that your BMW costs less to own is incorrect and there is a lot of published and documented data out there that proves it. Believe me, BMW does not just give you the routine maintenance program they offer. You're paying for it in the upfront MSRP of the vehicle. Look at any total cost of ownership publication out there, and you'll find that the Lexus beats the BMWs easily. Besides, if someone buys the 'ultimate driving machine', why would he care if his iPod hooks up to it? Everyone has his or her own vehicle preferences and all vehicles have their own virtues.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,194
    Thanks!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

No, No, No, you are not dogging BMW, but you are definitely SHILLING for Lexus. The points you make (total cost of ownership, etc) are direct quotes from what the Lexus and Mercedes sales person tells you. However, it you follow these discussions, nobody is paying MSRP here. For my 330Xi, the cost to buy was less than a IS250 (not IS 350) AWD. So where is the savings.

My point about is iPod is that, not only does BMW beats your Lexus in driving enjoyment it also beats the Lexus in entertainment features!!

Also, the funniest thing I seen recently are those Audi Q5 commercials that show all those lookalike RX's, so true

bottom line, go back to the Lexus Forum. Let us BMW people enjoy our own company!!!
    I apologize to pt838 and other loyal BMW enthusiasts. Since I've owned both (BMW and Lexus), I thought I'd share my experiences, good and bad, with potential new car buyers.
    I think it is great that you're bringing your viewpoint & experiences. I in no way mean to say that BMWs don't have problems. If I had some of the awful BMW experiences you had I might not be so into the brand either.

You are right about the ride. Some like soft, some like a little harsh. It all depends what your perception is. My Dad has an '07 x5 3.0 with sports package and I don't think it rides harsh in any way. For my rear end, it is a little on the soft side.

Just curious, how often does your owners' manual say the RX has to be serviced? Have you checked with the dealer to see how much the service costs?

I know the BMW full maintenance isn't free & that they raised their service intervals significantly since they started offering "free" maintenance. It is built into the price of the car. If you look at how much some services cost for competing models like an ML350 or an Audi Q7 you'll always come out on top with the BMW.

As far as Lexus & Infiniti go, part of the beauty is that if you're leasing and you really want to, you can (I'm not recommending this) theoretically take the cars to Jiffy lube for an oil change.