Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sm_edsm_ed Posts: 9
    Thanks for your concern. We are very happy with our X5.

Looking at the pictures - 570 wouldn't have been on our list. Could be resistance to change but 570 exterior looks ugly. Then, when we switched from 450 to 470 we didn't think for a second time.

Thanks Again.
  • rednredn Posts: 1
    I'm in San Diego too. Can you tell me which dealership you got this deal?
    I appreciate your help. :)
  • knokno Posts: 7
    Brecht in Escondido was willing to give me the 750 over invoice (plus MACO and Training and Acquisition Fee), but they didn't have the production allocations necessary for me to receive the car by late March. The most important part of the deal for me was getting the OLP MF.

So I ended up going through the internet department at Shelly in Buena Park. I had emailed them before, but didn't decide to go through them until Brecht fell through. I've gotten some good feedback from my L.A. co-workers on Shelly. My $1000 deposit is paid and the X5 is on order!

Good luck!
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    We stayed with the 20s. Noise might not be a big issue with Radio on and yes Ride is spirited

So u mean noise can be a little issue if Radio off?

Ride is spirited? so it isn't as smooth as the lx but it is fun to drive correct?

and did u get Michelin tires with the car.?

thanks. and keep us all here posted.
    With the 20" - Dunlops - Yes, Sportier ride and road noise.

Last night a good friend who recently bought ML took our car for a spin. He was thoroughly impressed. What a car!!! This is our first BMW - Please bear with the enthusiasm.

Also, dealership that helped us : AutoBahn in Dallas/FortWorth.

Thanks.
    After two weeks, I am back to driving LX. Really, road noise is about the same between the X5 and LX. Biggest difference I see is the seating position - you sit up high in a LX - more of a refined truck ride.

Took 10 min to give my wife overview on I-Drive. Haven't heard any complaints all week. Wait and see for couple more weeks.

I have two questions - How does the rear-view camera work? What controls the functionality? We see it come on sometimes when in Reverse.

Also, Park Assist - when I am going forward in the garage PA does not come on even with objects nearby. But once in Reverse, PA seems to kick in.

Rear-Entertainment audio through Premium Sound is awesome. Placement of the monitor between the front seats - should be improved. With two kids - can be a problem on longer trips. I wonder if folding monitor(s) could be placed on B-Pillars either side?
  • anon3anon3 Posts: 147
    The LX has a "refined truck ride" because it is a truck. It is built on a Toyota truck platform, although heavily upgraded for luxury.

The rear-view camera is controlled in iDrive, which has several options for configuring the camera's operation. Page 80 of your owner's manual (the 2007 version, might be different for 2008) contains the instructions for parking assist and the back up camera. Page 83 shows the specific iDrive menus for the camera. It's one of the more obscure functions in iDrive (i.e. buried pretty far down in the menus). You have to go four levels down in the menu system to get to "Maneuvering Aids" to configure the camera, so it usually takes a while for a new driver to get to that level of detail in iDrive. (Also note that you can download the owner's manuals on the BMW Owner's Circle website.)

Parking Assist and the back up camera only activate when you put the car in reverse (or you can press a button on the dash board above the shifter). They don't come on automatically when objects are nearby.

I just noticed in the owner's manual that BMW put a heater on the lense of the back up camera to clear frost and ice. I didn't know that until I looked at the manual to answer your question. Nice feature.

Personally, I just turn off the camera and use Parking Assist because it takes too long for iDrive and the rear view camera to come on line when first starting the vehicle and backing up.
  • Just ordered the X5 3.0

Premium Pkg
    Sport Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Comfort Access
    Ipod adapter
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Running Boards

MSRP 58,225
    Invoice 53,520
    Sales Price 55,200

Thanks for all the info on the forum...it help greatly.
  • Rocky40 -- That's great ... where did you order from? Anyone get more than $2,500 off in the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) area?

Thanks.
  • What dealer was this? Please let me know. Looking for almost same, and no luck with dealers. Except dont want sport pkg, tech pkg or running boards. Was it 3yr 45k lease? What is your monthly? Please let know asap.
    :cry:
  • I purchased the SVU cash from Otto in West Chester PA - although I did not disclose my intent until ordering the vehicle. I visited two dealers and afterwards sent both an email describing what options I was interested in. I then advised I would come in the following Saturday to purchase the vehicle from the dealer with the best bid. Everyday I would receive an offer from both...eventually they both advised towards the end of the week that if I bring in my best deal in writing they would beat the price. I declined...I'm certain you can do better than the offer I received. I could have taken in the offer in writing to other dealer for a lower price but quite frankly I wanted to do business with Otto and was comfortable with the price.

The SUV is for the wife....should receive in about 4 to 6 weeks. Good luck.
  • :confuse: I m in the market to buy a used 2007 3.0, however, a dealer has offered me a 07 4.8 with 9K miles for 54K- sport, tech, cold and premium packages- running board and 20" - dont want them but they are on the, I wanted 19 all seasons.

Black on Black in NYMetro area

What do you think ? I am in a rush so quick replies are appreciated.
    That is a good deal.
  • As I noted in my previous post (chrisjur, "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" #779, 23 Dec 2007 8:39 am), I recently spec'd out a 2008 X5 3.0si with an MSRP of $59,020 and paid $56,725. That is $2600 over invoice and $2295 below MSRP. I negotiated hard with 3 dealers and one came in just a tad bit lower ($2400 off of MSRP), but that wasn't enough to make me jump from my existing dealer, who I've had great experiences with over the years.

This was in Central/North New Jersey.

Actually just submitted the order to the factory a few nights ago. Can't wait to take delivery!
  • $2600 over Invoice is OK. If a car was on the lot you could have done better, but I guess you were particular about options.
    Just curious: When you say you paid a tad more to buy from a dealer who you had a great experience before: What kind of dealership is this if they charge you more and you are still happy because of perceived good experience. I ask because I bought a X5 last month and met many lousy dealers (including the one I bought). BMW dealers have respect only for buyers who 'lease' cars as they can make a ton of money every x years from them. One dealer (about 40 miles from where I live) even suggested that I should go to my nearest dealer for servicing! So much so for customer service
  • good questions.

Yes, I was picky about my options. I've "settled" with the last 3 cars that I bought since they were off the lot. Time time, I wanted to treat myself.

The difference in price I was talking about from the other dealer was about $325 less, so we're not talking about a significant amount. I've known a few people who have had bad experiences at that dealer, however, so I wasn't going to take the chance. My current dealer's service department has been excellent and I really had no complaints in the last 3 years.

This IS a lease, however, so maybe what you are saying about leasers vs. financers at some dealers is true. I haven't bought a car outright in 8 years, so I can't comment, though.
  • Just got a X5 3.0. Since it's last day of Jan, dealer was eager to make a deal. Here is the spec.

2008 X5 3.0 Monaco Blue
    Premium package
    Front heated seat
    Rear Climate
    iPod
    Rear tailgate door

MSRP: $51725
    I paid: $48425

Dest charge is already included. So it's $3300 under MSRP. I'm pretty happy with the deal.
  • dennisf....Congrats....is this lease ???....If so can you tell us what Money factor and residual value you got....and also which city...

Thank you
  • No, it's not a lease. And it's in San Diego.
  • I am looking at a new 2007 X5 4.8. The msrp is 67,820. What would be a fair discount for a new 07 model? This is in DFW if that helps.