Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cabluecablue Posts: 48
    Do you mind sharing the quote you got on the diesel?
  • bb97bb97 Posts: 5
    Hi cablue,

I currently have the offer for a pre-ordered 2010 for 52k - 4500 BMW diesel credit - 2500 dealer discount. That comes down to 45k (base model) which is not quite as good as 1000 over invoice. Do you think I could squeeze the lemon a little more? I am in the Bayarea where BMW sells pretty much everything from what I hear.

If anybody has an opinion if that is a good offer please let me know. I want to make a decision soon.

Thanks everybody!!
    I'm getting mine ordered for $1,000 over invoice, then the $4,500 discount. But I know some dealers won't go that low. Don't know if anyone has gotten closer to invoice than this. Maybe others will post their deals. My deal is in the Sacramento area.
  • sbondersbonder Posts: 7
    I am getting ready to order the 35d. I am in Georgia. Here are the details, let me know your thoughts please.

2010 x5 35d. Packages: tech, premium, premium sound, heated front seats, ipod/smartphone integration with the iphone cradle, third row, tow package. Also, brown leather seats, and performance pickup.

They say the sticker is $65,015. My price before tax is 57k. They say this includes the 4500 discussed elsewhere on this forum.

Your help greatly appreciated.
    Hi cablue,

Since I am looking in the Bayarea Sacramento would be reasonable close for me to drive up there. I had been in negotiations with Niello but was not able to get 1k over invoice. Can you point me to another dealership up there where I might have more luck?

Thanks!
  • sjp09sjp09 Posts: 11
    Hi sbonder-

I have been getting ready to order a x5 35d as well. I have realized that the best pricing seems to be about $1500-2000 below MSRP if you build the vehicle on bmwusa's site. Additionally, you should get another $4500 off for the "eco-rebate" if you order before 8/31. Does your offer include Resist-All, Tint, and Full mask? The dealer is quoting me $1843.00 for all of those. I am not sure it is worth it.
  • baccus49baccus49 Posts: 60
    sjp09 - those types of items are normally hideously marked up by the dealer. Find out who he uses and go out and get it done on your own.
    nope, no resist-all, tint or full mask. common wisdom is to avoid those items as they are very high mark up for the dealer.

looks to me like he is trying to get me to a few hundred under invoice by including the eco-credit. i'm not feeling like it is a great deal just yet.
  • nycbmwnycbmw Posts: 6
    i spoke with a salesperson a few weeks ago who said they thought the factory was shut down for august for x5's. so does this mean you can only special order 2010's from this point i.e. 2009's have to come from inventory?

I just got this quote for an 09:
    MSRP $55,275, Invoice $51,370 Price $47,370
    Color Exterior: Deep Green Metallic
    Interior: Beige
    Options ·3-STAGE HEATED FRONT SEATS (494)
    ·BMW ASSIST (639)
    ·IPOD & USB ADAPTER (6FL)
    ·SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION (6NF)
    ·SAND BEIGE, NEVADA LEATHER SEAT TRIM (LUB4)

was curious if i order now it has to be a 2010 if cant be found in inventory. thanks
    That's correct. You cannot order '09s. It would be a '10. I assume you're aware of the $4,500 eco credit. So it looks like you're getting an offer of $500 over invoice, then the eco credit. If your '10 is ordered by the end of this month, you can still get the eco credit. Some are paying $1,000 over invoice, then the credit, for the '10s. Price difference is about the same unless one goes for the sport package. That has been divided up in the '10s and now seems to cost a lot more if you're trying to get all that the '09 spt. pkg. had. Also, the '10s have the new updated iDrive and nav., standard HD radio, cheaper sat. radio, roof rails now a $100 option, etc...
    Hi cablue- Do you think this is a decent offer for $48,500?

Titanium Silver Metallic
    Beige Leatherette
    Light Poplar wood trim
    Rear Climate Package
    Heated front seats
    Running boards
    iPod and USB adapter

Additionally, do you know anything about the Resist-all, tint and Full mask? Is it worth doing in addition to the cost of the vehicle- my dealer is offering this for $1843.00
    If you're talking about the diesel, and the MSRP, according to what info you gave me, would be $54,125, no, I don't believe that's a good deal. According to this website, the invoice would be 49,845. So, you're only getting $1,300 below invoice. You should be getting $4,000 below invoice (allowing $500 over invoice for dealer) because of the $4,500 eco credit. Again, this is for an '09 diesel. Personally, I wouldn't bother with all the extra stuff; resist-all, tint and full mask. But, I really don't know much about them. I'd pass on those.
    I have an offer now for 1250 over invoice for a factory ordered 2010 X5. I still haven't seen any pictures of it but I will go for the offer since it sounds reasonable for I will be getting the new iDrive. Got the deal through a car broker who takes part of the 1250 I assume. Trying to get 1k or lower over invoice is just too much hassle here in the Bayarea.
    i have a salesperson claiming he is unsure if the $4500 eco credit applies to 2010 x5 orders. Is he confused? thanks.
    mine was too. i told him that it does and sent him a few links to people who ordered their vehicles and got the credit. his biz guy called bmw financial and got confirmation. i was actually the reason two different dealers in the Atlanta area even knew about this. sort of crazy, you would think they would know every angle to get customers.
    i like my guy at athens bmw. if you think you might pick up in greenvile and do the performance center pickup, you can try him. no need to buy in ny. plus, my guy already knows about the credit.
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Posts: 202
    yes, he is. good on 2010's if ordered by 8/31/09.
    Could you or someone give me a dealership name that will honor the 2010 EcoCredit for $4500? I just signed off on an order with deposit here in Denver for a x5 35D 2 days ago that included the $4500 discount. Now the dealer is telling me it is not guaranteed and may not apply. This is quite rediculous if it is some marketing scam/ploy. I am looking for another dealer that will stand by their price and am willing to pay a shipping chanrge to Denver.

Thanks for any input/help.
    Could you or someone give me a dealership name that will honor the 2010 EcoCredit for $4500 before 8/31? I just signed off on an order with deposit here in Denver for a x5 35D 2 days ago that included the $4500 discount. Now the dealer is telling me it is not guaranteed and may not apply. This is quite rediculous if it is some marketing scam/ploy. I am looking for another dealer that will stand by their price and am willing to pay a shipping chanrge to Denver.

Thanks for any input/help.
  • Hi All,
    Just now negotiated 2010 X5 Diesel, MSRP: 57375.00, Selling price : 53524.00 which is Invoice price plus 500. Need to add 400 dealer conveyance for selling price...
    Can avail eco rebate of 4500 on top of that selling price if booked before 8/31/09. This deal is in North East.

Pl let me know your views :)

Thanks
  • Just bought a new 2009 X5 Diesel: Here was my deal:

Sticker: $60,375

Cold Weather Pkg.
    Premium Pkg.
    Rear Climate Pkg.
    Tech Pkg.
    iPod Adapter
    Dealer added Sirius Satellite

Invoice (per Edmunds): $55,715

Price: $51,227 (including Eco Credit)

Not bad...car drives great.
    just ordered 2010 x5 diesel.

sand beige leather
    heated front
    bluetooth/assist/smartphone

$47,850 + $499 convayence fee before taxes.

delivery in oct/nov.

didn't do the roof rack (now a $100 extra) - a little nervous about that - may look a little too much like a porsche cayenne but didn't feel the need to have it.
  • Could someone who's made a recent purchase list the fee's and amounts they paid on a purchase (not lease)? I went back 10 pages and didn't see much. Looking for doc fee, title fee, training fee, etc, etc.

Thx!

Tim
    I just ordered a X5 35D for $48,450 w/ the following specs. Is supposed to arrive in 4-6 weeks. I think it is a pretty decent deal?

Titanium Silver Metallic
    > Beige Leatherette
    > Light Poplar wood trim
    > Rear Climate Package
    > Heated front seats
    > Running boards
    > iPod and USB adapter
  • does that include taxes and what ever fee's you were charged? 48450 appears to be 3105 over invoice when you factor out the 4500 eco credit

Tim
  • flbimmerflbimmer Posts: 12
    55,000 sticker, sold for a little over 50K, $2000 out the door, $685/month (plus local sales tax)with premium, ipod, bose/moonroof, sirius :shades:
    36months/12K lease not a bad deal
    our options were: an 09 mazda cx-9 (I am not joking) $41K stick insame--wanted $2K out the door, $600/month!!!!36/12...
    worse....2010 volvo xc90--36/12 with $2K down, $684/month!!! stupid residuals on thsoe two near 43%, bmw---57%!!! the best deals are now on BMW's i have found....
    who would pay $600/month for a $40K car? :mad:
  • Here is my deal I just signed off on for the $4500 eco credit. I'd guess it will be extended beyond August but did not want to take a chance. Dealer could not show MSRP due to 'a computer thing' but said to multiple invoice by 7% and "its very close" or Edmunds MSRP 63,475.00. Edmunds invoice 58,350.00.

Let me know what you think of this deal:

2010 X5d-47,010 estimated
    Premium Package-2910 est
    Tech Package-2365 est
    Comfort Access-910 est
    Perferated Nevada Leather- inc. in package
    Active Ventilated seat package-1910 est
    Heated Front Seats-450 est
    Ipod/USB adapter-365 est

HD radio/panoramic moonroof/xenon headlights/new version Idrive included in this 2010. Standard 18" wheels changed for 2010 and front end changed too.

Destination-825
    MACO-350
    Training-180

Fuel/Mats/Detail/Programing Costs-444
    Dealer Profit (1%)-582

Eco Credit- (-4500)

54,270 plus 599 dealer fee plus tax

Looks like the dealer got about $1000 over invoice (less the 4500 ECO). I got a few bucks more for my trade 335i that made me swallow a bit more than I wanted .
  • For those with the diesel x5 is it noisy? Ive been reading reviews on the car and some reviews have said that the diesel noise is loud to the point where its somewhat bothersome? Any truth to that?
  • The diesel noise isn't that bad. It is a little "throaty"...but not obnoxious. The 425 lbs of torque more than make up for the noise. Drove the 3.0 and the diesel...no comparison in my mind. Diesel has a lot more power...plus I'm getting 22 mpg.
    00boxsters - I'd say you got a pretty good deal. What do you mean by 18" wheels are standard on 2010 models? I thought this was always standard. Also do you have any pics or links to the new front bumber? Thanks...
  • The diesel sound is not noticable unless your are listening for it. Inside there is little engine noise but a deeper than usual exhaust sound. It would not be bothersome on a long trip as someone somewhere opined. If you are outside the car in front while it is running and listen for it, you might here what sounds like a slight valve clickety clack.

Thanks sjp09 on the pretty good deal response. I read on another website (one of several I have been perusing) that the 2010 style will be changed but 18" is standard. My order sheet said style 204 I think which is unchanged however. Sorry I don't have links, as much is a blur from all of the googling I have done over the past week. bimmerfest, bmwblog, x5outpost, xbimmers etc...

I am certain I read about new style wheels and front bumper. Something about the X5d getting some of the changes that come with a sport package as standard. I am not sure if the sport packages changes the front end in any case but I recall reading that as well.

I just read today that the 2010 X5's get the new Idrive controler, software, hard drive and USB something or other but NOT the high resolution 10" screen as on the 7 series... :(