Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dosanimdosanim Posts: 3
    Would you share with us which option spec you acquired?
    Did you get any other option package such as tech or 3rd row seating etc?
  • lamark72lamark72 Posts: 7
    Nice work. Did you go through a bidding process or just pick one to work with? Is it easier to knock down the price on a factory order or a car on the lot?

Thanks for sharing, and congrats.
  • asharm6asharm6 Posts: 5
    I got the deal from Internet Sales Advisor. Email: jimeneza1@autonation.com. My name is Atul. You can give my reference.
    I got Premium Package, Technology Package, Heated Front Seats, IPOD/USB adaptor, HD Radio and Running Boards.
    No it was not through bidding. Usually it is easier to get a better deal on a car on the lot but in this economy dealers are willing to negotiate on special orders as well. Even the sales of premium SUVs are getting affected to high gas prices. I am not a good negotiator and I think it is possible to get even better deal than this :)
  • Anybody have recommendations to a bmw dealer in NJ (central would be best) that has a good buying experience and also good deals as well?

Also, in particular, has anyone dealt with Circle BMW in Eatontown, nj? Right now i'm looking at the x5 and even possibly the x5 diesel version when it comes out.

Thanks
  • ceyc_01ceyc_01 Posts: 3
    just bought X5 3.0 in Southern California

2008 X5 3.0si
    Alpine WhiteBlack Nappa LeatherPremium Pkg.
    Rear ClimateAutomatic
    Technology Pkg.
    Running Boards
    Comfort Seats
    Ipod USB
    MSRP: $55,825
    Price: $50,595*
  • mikey777mikey777 Posts: 9
    Hi Rezf,
    Just curious. What is the name of the dealership? Please email me at msynn@yahoo.com.
    Thank you,
    Hi Ohnims2,
    That sounds pretty good. Which dealership?
  • rdxerrdxer Posts: 33
    This sounds correct -- it's almost to the dollar what I paid for my X5 (picked up last week). Good luck.
  • ohnims2 - please share the name and location of the dealer that gave you that deal! ;) I am the NYC metro area and I am in the market to buy within the next few weeks.
  • simyasimya Posts: 2
    I received a quote today from a dealership for a jet black X5 3.0 with tobacco Nevada leather, with the following options:

3rd row seat
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package Rear Climate
    Technology Package
    Automatic Tailgate
    Running Boards
    iPod & USB adapter
    Sirius Satellite Radio

MSRP $57,770
    Quote $51,500
    with the .9% financing

Did I work a good deal?
  • bond007jbbond007jb Posts: 37
    I am getting X5 59875 MSRP with the same options (Premium, Sports, Running Boards, iPod, Cold Weather, Rear Climate, 3rd Row Seats) for 52K, good price, do you think? Invoice on this is about 55K, so it is coming to about 3K below invoice.
    Thanks
    Hi, I just bought an X5 at Difeo NJ from SS. He was really pleasant to work with, no pressure, just a great guy. Mine included premium, cold weather, rear climate, auto tailgate, and technology package for $49,5k. We also did the financing for .9% for 5 years.
  • bond007jbbond007jb Posts: 37
    Congrats, looks like a good price, though you might have had a tad bit more wiggle room. None of the car sites are showing any manufacturer incentives, looks likes the auto journalists are having an intelligence failure aka CIA ;) There definitely seems to be more manufacturer incentives in play than just a premium package credit.

On my end, I did end up buying the X5 and I did get the .9% financing with 0 drive off costs. Couldn't miss out on a free loan ;) Man do I love driving it, it's awesome for an SUV, though I still love my 98 328is, which has only improved in driving over the years. As they say, once a BMW addict, forever an addict :D

How is your driving experience. Any particular reason you did not pick the sports package?

Cheers
  • hipreckhipreck Posts: 64
    The info on the $2505 marketing support is very much appreciated. Purchased a 2008 X5 today $5500 under MSRP (53,675 MSRP) with the 0.9% financing.

I left a few dollars on the table, but I deal with good sales guy and he gives me excellent service.

The dealer wasn't freely offering up information on the marketing incentive.
  • sithayansithayan Posts: 3
    I received a quote today for X5 3.0 with Space gray/grayNevada leather, with the following options:

Rear Entertainment
    3rd row seat
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package Rear Climate
    Technology Package
    Rear heated seats
    Premium Sound
    Running Boards
    iPod & USB adapter
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Running boards

MSRP $61170Quote $53600
    with the .9% financing
    Do I take it or wait for 09s.
    Thanx
  • hipreckhipreck Posts: 64
    I would grab it. Excellent deal if you want all of those options.
  • Thanks for the advice.

Did get the X5 for 53300+TTL in MD along with 0.9% financing.
  • wtf_123wtf_123 Posts: 6
    I have been reading these pages for months as I tried to decide what to get to replace my 2006 4.4 X5 (2 yr lease) After test driving a dozen different cars, I ended up with another X5 (what else, right?). So, I thought I would share my experience.

Alpine White
    Tech Pkg (handy rear camera)
    Sport Pkg with those great looking wheels
    Premium Pkg
    Sat Radio
    Rear Climate
    Auto Tailgate
    Ipod+USB
    Running Boards
    Heated Seats
    and probably other things I am forgetting . . .

The only options I would have wanted to add would be comfort access and the premium sound, but I am going to upgrade the speakers on my own, so it's not a big deal. Also, I have been putting a key in the ignition for 20 years. I think I can continue to do it!

My salesguy leased me my last X5 (750/mo, incl. tax, no down, 2 yr lease on the 06 4.4i - well loaded) and sold my fiancee her 328i coupe for dollars over invoice when they first came out and competing dealers would not even bargain for less than $2000 over invoice) so I went back to him again.

MSRP was 68,000. I ended up at 62,000 -- the so-called "invoice" was 64,000. It's a 3 yr lease, again no money down, 12k/yr, for 870/mo incl. tax (I notice a lot of lease prices reported on this site do not clarify that they are before tax). Best of all, no hassles, no pressure.

BTW, the 3.0 deals seemed to be much, much better. Many in the 3-4+K under "invoice" range.